Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2011, 04:31 PM   #101 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Same languages as before on mine. English, Deutsch, and Chinese.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2011, 08:24 PM   #102 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for all the vids and all your time Bob. It's really nice to be sure of what you're getting before you click that 'Buy' button online. I've been a big fan of Walkera since I got my V400D02. So easy and fun to fly. I also really wanted to get a micro for small areas like my backyard, and seeing you go through the Genius CP pushed me over the edge, so I just added one to my fleet. Flown it a half dozen packs so far with my WK 2801-Pro and I'm loving that little sucker. Flies beautifully and I've got no fear trying flips and inverted now (over the grass, thank you very much). Crashed it plenty with no damage so far.

...and though it's been said, many times, many ways...
(sorry, it's not Christmas yet)

...Thanks Bob for all you do, for us and the hobby!

-Rojack

rojack is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2011, 07:06 PM   #103 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
OK folks with the advent of the MCPx and it huge popularity, Walkera has responded with their own heli in this class the Walkera Genius CP. I got my hands on one thanks to Walkera and will be doing videos just like I did for the MCPx. So with that, on with the show.

First up is whats in the box and general overview of the heli and radio.

VIDEO -> Genius CP - What's in the box! (80 Megs)

VIDEO -> Genius CP - Stick Adjustments and Mode Change (43 Megs)

This one I think is important to understand auto bind and ID mode. Please guys use the more secure ID mode after auto bind. I have 2 radios and I can confuse the heli in auto bind mode powering up both radios. This means at the field if you use only auto bind mode your heli "could" accidentally bind to another radio.
VIDEO -> Genius CP - Binding and understanding the modes of binding (78 Megs)

On to the videos about the Devo 6
VIDEO -> Genius CP - Devo6 Main screen and System Menus (53 Megs)

VIDEO -> Genius CP - Devo6 Model Menus (54 Megs)

VIDEO -> Genius CP - Devo6 Function Menus Part 1 (68 Megs)

VIDEO -> Genius CP - Devo6 Function Menus Part 2 (55 Megs)

OK My setup info and first flight evaluation thoughts.
VIDEO -> Genius CP - My Setup / TIps & Flight Evaluation (55 Megs)

OK I did a BUNCH of flying and tuning this weekend on the Genius CP. However I had new guys running the camera and they had a hard time staying on this little heli. I wound up taking 2 takes using 2 different camera men. I am going to show both videos. So sorry the videos are not as good as I would like to show you but this is the best I could do this weekend. I think they are good enough to show you what this heli can do.

VIDEO -> Genius CP - Flight Eval Take 1 (77 Megs)

VIDEO -> Genius CP - Flight Eval Take 2 (114 Megs)

UPDATES!
This video is a couple of things.
1) I show the new Canoy
2) I show my CP pot settings and explain what I like
3) Devo 6 software update instructions

VIDEO -> Genius CP - Canopy, My Settings, and Devo 6 S/W Upgrade (80 Megs)

Enjoy,
Bob
Hi bob could you do a beginner setup vid for GCP with DEVO 6 thanks , mark keep up the good work your a life saver
skejah1063 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2011, 06:50 PM   #104 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The videos on Devo 6 setup and the Genius CP are so very valuable to me as I'm just coming over to the CP side. I've been flying my FP's for awhile and wondering why I would want to ever switch to CP. After the intro of the Genius, what I've read about it and seeing Bob fly it I know I'm ready now. Thank you so much to Bob for all the work on this thread. There is a "beginners" set up by TomZ on RC Groups, but I'd really like to see one by Bob.
shastamike is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2011, 08:15 PM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey bob, im a noob to collective pitch helis. I have watched all of your videos but i didnt see any that talked about recommendations of throttle curves and pitches. Can you make a video to help the noobs out with setting up throttle curves and pitches with the devo 6? I started off with a devo 7, its a very basic remote, i copied Tomz's setting on rcgroups, they seem to work great. I just bought a devo 8 and im lost. im still fying with my devo 7. Also i don't own a computer with a cd rom at the moment, is there any way to download the cd? I just have a net book.

thanks
Rick
Hot_Wheels is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2011, 10:33 PM   #106 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
Hey bob, im a noob to collective pitch helis. I have watched all of your videos but i didnt see any that talked about recommendations of throttle curves and pitches. Can you make a video to help the noobs out with setting up throttle curves and pitches with the devo 6? I started off with a devo 7, its a very basic remote, i copied Tomz's setting on rcgroups, they seem to work great. I just bought a devo 8 and im lost. im still fying with my devo 7. Also i don't own a computer with a cd rom at the moment, is there any way to download the cd? I just have a net book.

thanks
Rick
Devo 8 manual download http://www.walkera.com/cn/upload/explain/DEVO8_expe.pdf

Hope this helps .....

Regards David
DocD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2011, 08:49 AM   #107 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

I cover every setting in the Devo 6 videos which is just like the 8. Also watch my setup tips video. I tell you what I setup. Not every little detail but the important stuff like dropping pitch to 70%, what I set my pitch curves to etc (or reset them to), expo, etc.

Bob
Old 11-14-2011, 03:33 PM   #108 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I cover every setting in the Devo 6 videos which is just like the 8. Also watch my setup tips video. I tell you what I setup. Not every little detail but the important stuff like dropping pitch to 70%, what I set my pitch curves to etc (or reset them to), expo, etc.

Bob
After going back through the set up video and the curves video I feel I have enough info to get me started with setting up the Devo 6 as a beginner. It just is a little overwhelming getting in to CP after these easy days of just picking up a Walkera basic FP radio and flying. I think we total newbies need hand holding and want to see a "here's what you do" "no brainer, no effort" set up guide. I believe your approach in these videos gives us the info we need, we just have to sit down and figure it out for ourselves which is a better learning process in the end. Just takes more effort. I have what I need now to boldly go forth into the CP world of my future. Thanks Bob, you're videos are very helpful and necessary.
shastamike is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2011, 04:14 PM   #109 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by shastamike
After going back through the set up video and the curves video I feel I have enough info to get me started with setting up the Devo 6 as a beginner. It just is a little overwhelming getting in to CP after these easy days of just picking up a Walkera basic FP radio and flying. I think we total newbies need hand holding and want to see a "here's what you do" "no brainer, no effort" set up guide. I believe your approach in these videos gives us the info we need, we just have to sit down and figure it out for ourselves which is a better learning process in the end. Just takes more effort. I have what I need now to boldly go forth into the CP world of my future. Thanks Bob, you're videos are very helpful and necessary. Today 09:49 AM

There is an old saying, Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime, Bob is a good teacher

Regards David
Old 11-14-2011, 06:59 PM   #110 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

I have people all the time that come out to the field and want some help. So when that happens I look over the heli and tell them what to do. Sometimes they look at me like "WHAT? Your not going to fix it for me?". Nope... I am going to tell you whats wrong, what needs to be done, and will even assist if needed as they are doing the work. It has to be that way or some may never learn and need someone to "do it for them" every crash or the next new heli they get. I force learning to be self sufficient. Thats my style

However, I have no problem with those asking more questions and details! Most the time explaining WHY something is this way or that, helps with the understanding of what they are doing. So if what I showed you still is not working or doesn't make sense, please feel free to ask! There are NO dumb questions and honestly, that is what Helifreak is here for!

Bob
Old 11-14-2011, 08:03 PM   #111 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hay Bob do you know where to get extra pinions for the genius . I made a tread in the walkera section but didn't know if you visit . And thanx again for all your great videos and help
helicoptermadness311 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2011, 08:40 PM   #112 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

For me right now it is either from Walkera direct or in a pinch I run to Wow hobbies which is local to me.

Bob
Old 11-16-2011, 08:49 PM   #113 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocD View Post
There is an old saying, Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime, Bob is a good teacher

Regards David
Good job Bob. That's really helpful.
hobbyone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2011, 04:55 AM   #114 (permalink)
Registered Users

New update for Devo 6 Bob with German French Spanish

Regards David
Old 11-24-2011, 02:11 PM   #115 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocD View Post
New update for Devo 6 Bob with German French Spanish

Regards David
Any other changes you are aware of in the new release?

Bob
Old 11-24-2011, 04:23 PM   #116 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Any other changes you are aware of in the new release?

Bob
No Bob just same bumf they put on last update "revised Bugs in some menu" its a pity they have not taken up your suggestion of a comprehensive list so we can see just what they changed, the only thing I found different was the throttle and pitch hover trim had been refined after the last up date on the 12.

Regards David

Last edited by DocD; 11-26-2011 at 09:48 AM..
Old 11-25-2011, 11:11 AM   #117 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

copied your pot settings love the way it feels now!!!
Old 11-25-2011, 12:57 PM   #118 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by crf69 View Post
copied your pot settings love the way it feels now!!!
Glad you like them. Thats where I wound up after trying all kinds of pot settings. I think this is a feel thing so not everyone may like them.

Bob
Old 11-25-2011, 09:50 PM   #119 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi, I watched the video in the first post in this thread on id setting or pairing the devo 6 with the GCP rx and would like to do this with my 2801pro and my Walkera helis however I can't get it to work, the manual is so convoluted that I can't figure it out and I can't find anywhere online that gives a step by step on how to do it...I can find people saying it can be done, that they do it, but never the steps involved in doing it.

Can anyone help me?
Is there a video or "how too" posted somewhere I can't find?

Thanks!

great site by the way
candy76man is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2011, 10:13 PM   #120 (permalink)
Registered Users

Your not trying to bind a Genius that was made for a Devo with a 2801 TX are ya?

That will not work.
Erazor 450 (2801 rx) 2750kv | EXI 450 Pro (2702V rx) FBL Tri-Blade head 3500kv AKE | V450 Walkera (2702V rx) 3950kv Turbo ACE 804 | 4F200 & 4F200LM | V200DQ02 & V200D02 | V120D02 & V120D05 | 250 CopterX | 250 EXI FBL | Genius - WK2801
Silver-techie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in