Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X Brushless Mods

mCP X Brushless Mods Blade Micro CPx Brushless Mods and Conversions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 04:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Finished my first BL conversion

I just finished my first BL conversion(i use that term loosely because i just built it with spare parts) on my mcpx. Even soldered to that ridiculously small spot on the back of the 3-n-1 to get linear throttle. It looked like it was going to be so easy in the pics here... Then you see it in real size... OMG! Took me 2 days to work up the courage. But done and completed... Ah successfully.

Started it, and wobbles like you read about. Even used the old rubber band vibration dampening trick. Tie a rubber band around the boards then cut the ends on the other side of the knot to about 1/4 inch and voila... Vibration dampening.

Didn't work worth a darn. Checked everything in forums for how to fix it. No avail!

Then as I was sitting there staring at my failure, I thought, are the rotors suppose to face each other or the same direction. Just a heads up, the heli wobbles like you read about if one rotor is mounted facing CW and one CCW.

If anyone wants to know how to spell "Stupid".... It's "S c o t t".
Scottluther is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2012, 04:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have make the same mistake before. I was wondering where is the new came vibrations.
I find out I mount one of the blades backwards.
coredump is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2012, 05:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It can happen to anyone really. There's a guy I fly with who has been building and flying helis for years and even he put one blade on backwards on his 700 one time. It actually flew but made a strange noise. He landed it and we seen what the problem was and all had a good laugh at him.
Micro-Maniac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2012, 06:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hehe.

I did some work on my Gaui a little late on a Sat night. The next week at a fly in (I had been flying all week) I sat my heli up on the bench and someone pointed I had one of my tail blades facing trailing edge first.

Really f's with your credibility!

Amp
Ampdraw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2012, 10:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ampdraw View Post
Hehe.

I did some work on my Gaui a little late on a Sat night. The next week at a fly in (I had been flying all week) I sat my heli up on the bench and someone pointed I had one of my tail blades facing trailing edge first.

Really f's with your credibility!

Amp
Being a mechanical engineer - I don't do stupid things like that

What I do is connect batteries to ESC and RX around the wrong way

I find that this does not cause unexpected vibrations - it wrecks them. I think I got the worst deal.

Cheers, Ibs
IanWhitehead65 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in