Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2013, 10:56 AM   #61 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman89 View Post
I think the deal between TSA and HK when south before stock actually got shipped to HK.
No, they actually had a couple.
BladeScraper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2013, 11:46 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Rotation View Post
I would try one. But I'd keep it at a distance.
How much of a distance?

I guess I am lucky I am across the Pacific from you!

But seriously, maybe the tolerances will be good. Maybe the materials appropriate. That much energy however... I'd soon as not risk it.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commo...siness_balance

My 2 cents.

spykez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2013, 12:05 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Re: Hobbyking asualt 700

Just proves it costs 50 bucks to make a 700 kit and we all have paid 800% markup price. Can't wait to order mine.

Sent from my Galaxy S4
RCTada is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2013, 12:58 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hobbyking asualt 700

Was the flying in the demo video really THAT bad?? I think this is the level where the majority of us are at. Anyway if that is crap flying, i guess i'm a crap pilot :s

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk HD
Old 10-10-2013, 01:18 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by -kenny- View Post
Was the flying in the demo video really THAT bad?? I think this is the level where the majority of us are at. Anyway if that is crap flying, i guess i'm a crap pilot :s

I was commenting on the production of the video... The flying was UN-judgable because the video prodution SUCKED!!!
Old 10-10-2013, 01:37 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by -kenny- View Post

That's really taking this off in a direction that I'm pretty sure nobody intended.

Demo flights are typically aggressive and WAY WAY WAY beyond the skill level of 99% of us. It's to show the toughness of the machine, it's precision, and a whole bunch of other things we won't be able to use in the near future. While everybody knows they aren't going to fly like the demo if they buy this machine it's nice to know that your machine isn't holding you back.

So back to your question. Was the flying in the demo that bad? Yes it was. The heli was being flown with kid gloves and it makes me doubt it's ability to handle my poorly managed tic tocs, a wall, or some other basic maneuvers I'm still learning.

Does the fact that you fly like the video make your flying crap? Absolutely not. It makes you normal.
Lottomunch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2013, 01:40 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTada View Post
Just proves it costs 50 bucks to make a 700 kit and we all have paid 800% markup price. Can't wait to order mine.

Sent from my Galaxy S4
On two separate occasions, I've had vendors ship parts to me that I didn't order. I called the vendors both times.

The first was a tail boom and canopy for a helicopter I don't own. Total retail value: $30. I called and said "send me an RMA tag and I'll get this back in the mail to you". Their reply was to keep and enjoy the parts. Estimated postage cost? $3

Second time I received Compass bearings for a Warp and odd parts for a 6HV. Same scenario. Same response. Retail value: $35. Estimated cost to ship back? $2

I was not charged for the parts in either case. This tells me that markup is stratospheric.
rob78 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2013, 02:26 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

+ 1 to RCTada and rob78.... Me being a bit off topic. A couple months ago I ordered a goblin 500.. price for barebones = $650 . . . When I received that kit after hearing all the hype over the last 2 years. I was really let down.
No freaking way was that kit worth $650 compared to Gaui or Align. In my opinion it's equal . Amazing what an Italian " brand" name will do. . So yes mark-up for just about anything in this hobby is incredible.. Matches that of furniture and mattresses. Blah Blah Blah - - I still pay for it and have fun.

On Topic :

HK has basically shot themselves in the foot with past sub par models.. I.E 450's & 500's.. That faith in a " good enough" product was thrown out the door years ago. ( then again you get what you pay for ) . Enter their 700 And all the grim outlook already.. It's deserving and I hope they ( HK) realizes this.. People will still buy this machine. I look forward to the many reviews it will have. Just hope the quality is adequate enough to keep ppl safe from freak mechanical accidents.
The first person that gets maimed because of a feathering shaft bolt breaking in flight or a tail blade grip gone rouge as their smaller heli cousins have.. IT'S OVER !!!! ( to dramatic ? ha ha )

Shout out to k.gordon1120 .. You hit the nail on the head by brining up the KDS line up offered by HK.. I have the 550 Innova V2 in my fleet.. I actually bought it from rcareodyne..But all the same . .It is my favorite heli to date in all that I have owned. ( OK that might not be saying much ) ..But it truly is a well built, great quality Heli. People are missing out on a very nice machine.. Why their not as popular as they should be, I'm not sure.. To much of a Logo look a like or lack of advertising maybe.
Dejavu*Xion is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2013, 02:31 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Followed by HK Slander 900e.
R/C junkie for the past 25 years and counting...
kingmeow is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

The thing is it costs so much in electronics and batteries to get a 700 up and running, will anyone want to trust their equipment to a $250 airframe? I've spent quite a bit with HK. Got some crap and got some deals. I know their 450 v2 kits were bad. But for $27 I should not have expected any better.

While I doubt I would buy this 700 I will also be interested to see the what people who do actually buy it think.
wab223 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2013, 02:58 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Chaos is a trex clone; this assault looks a lot different.
Unless chaos are releasing something new?
sdunne is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2013, 05:20 PM   #72 (permalink)

My HF Map location
Default Hobbyking asualt 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdunne View Post
The Chaos is a trex clone; this assault looks a lot different.
Unless chaos are releasing something new?
Not a clone, the Chaos is made in the same factory as Align. This is why they're pretty much identical. I've heard Chaos is better than Align in some ways!

Chaos is developing a V2 of all their old helis. Just look at the Chaos 450 DFC Black Widow.

Sent from my Blade mCP X BL using my Dx6i
BladeScraper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansone View Post
YES.. the KDS line is not a clone, eventually I will lighten my wallet for one, but not from HK
Not a clone but very heavily based on the Logo with a lot of interchangeable parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman89 View Post
HK does not carry TSA.
They did for a while though TSA would like for you to forget that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavic5150 View Post

Normally I'm against bashing a new model that no one has flown yet. But since its hobbykong we're talking about...

Now what I want to know is how HK managed to get supposedly rebranded Chaos 700 helis when they have been out of stock here for months on end.

http://www.scaleflying.com/Chaos-700-Size-Electric-Helis_c_226.html
Chaos helicopters are rebranded Phoenixtech helicopters that's how.
Atomic Skull is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2013, 05:46 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-S-Q View Post
Here's another rebrand of the same heli:

http://www.garttmodel.com/EN/product...621&kindid=351
GARTT stuff is made by Phoenixtech? You sure about this?
Old 10-10-2013, 05:52 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeScraper View Post
Not a clone, the Chaos is made in the same factory as Align. This is why they're pretty much identical. I've heard Chaos is better than Align in some ways!

Chaos is developing a V2 of all their old helis. Just look at the Chaos 450 DFC Black Widow.

Sent from my Blade mCP X BL using my Dx6i
No they aren't they are made in China by Phoenixtech the owner of RC Aerodyne openly admits this. The spare parts even come on Phoenixtech bags.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:06 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Buy whatever you want from HK. Just hope and pray you never have to deal with a warranty replacement from them. If you are unfortunate enough to have to go down that path, don't bend over.
-- Seneca, philosopher
ShuttleZX is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2013, 07:15 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTada View Post

Sent from my Galaxy S4
All this proves is that a chinese factory can make a low quality copy of something and sell it on the cheap.
Mike A. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2013, 07:24 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
No they aren't they are made in China by Phoenixtech the owner of RC Aerodyne openly admits this. The spare parts even come on Phoenixtech bags.
It looks like the new "Chaos 700 V2" is actually being sourced from Gartt now. It looks like Garrtt Model is the factory that actually makes them. Seem that they are being branding as "Chaos" helis and HK.

Check out the post on the Choas board showing the V2 sample, it is the same as the Gartt and HK heli.

http://chaoscrewlounge.proboards.com...6/chaos-700-v2
Mike A. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2013, 07:32 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeScraper View Post
I think this will be my first 700, considering you can build one for under $1200!
Heli-Direct is selling the 700E Super Combo for $1263.00

http://www.helidirect.com/align-t-re...bo-p-31111.hdx

ROG
whitehedr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2013, 07:35 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Fantastic, another product they will not have spare parts for!!!

Bubbasanjohn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in