Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 08:33 PM   #261 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just purchased the dx8 for the nano, it will be a great upgrade for this bird, i will also be able to go brushless now.
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 12:13 AM   #262 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli biggie View Post
I just purchased the dx8 for the nano, it will be a great upgrade for this bird, i will also be able to go brushless now.
Forgive me for being ignorant, but why would you need a particular grade of transmitter, to go brushless? I don't know enough about them, and I'm just starting to gather info, but this is the first time I've seen anything about a transmitter affecting the decision to go brushless...

Thanks!

R
Hail, Satan!!
rcav8or is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 03:34 AM   #263 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

All you need really is a DX6i, it's a great value for money radio - has what you need, no fuss! I got 2 of them, very satisfied!

The more high end radio you get the larger menus to browse through...
Radio: Spektrum DX8 Gen 1
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 03:40 AM   #264 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHYguy View Post
All you need really is a DX6i, it's a great value for money radio - has what you need, no fuss! I got 2 of them, very satisfied!

The more high end radio you get the larger menus to browse through...
I know about radios, just wondering what the radio has to do with going brushless. In other words, does the "brushless" DEPEND on the radio? Isn't throttle, throttle?

I'm confused, this is just the first time I've heard that someone had to get a radio, so that they could go brushless...

I guess I'm asking, are there programming features, that are necessary to go brushless?

As my sig says, I am using a Futaba 8UAP, and also have the 9CAP, that I am using for 4 different helicopters.

R
Hail, Satan!!
Old 02-11-2013, 04:08 AM   #265 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Nano CP X tips

I don't really know but I think the Telemetry censers (if the tx has them) must need the info, I have brushless planks and heli's and I could fly all of them on my futaba super7 on 72 MHz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kryton is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 05:13 AM   #266 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcav8or View Post
I know about radios, just wondering what the radio has to do with going brushless. In other words, does the "brushless" DEPEND on the radio? Isn't throttle, throttle?

I'm confused, this is just the first time I've heard that someone had to get a radio, so that they could go brushless...

I guess I'm asking, are there programming features, that are necessary to go brushless?

As my sig says, I am using a Futaba 8UAP, and also have the 9CAP, that I am using for 4 different helicopters.

R
No, it's irrelevant
Old 02-11-2013, 05:27 AM   #267 (permalink)
Registered Users

im guessing he means having the upgraded Tx he will be able to set throttle curves etc...

NOT totally necessary but desirable. Especially if you want to run V curves or lower than usual DR and expo settings... Lower the headspeed i dunno lots of reasons to upgrade to a decent programmable Tx.

Personally id take a Tx over a BL conversion. Then when you go BL you can program the tranny to have the heli fly just how you like :-)
Old 02-11-2013, 05:27 AM   #268 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks...one less thing to worry about

R
Hail, Satan!!
Old 02-11-2013, 06:32 AM   #269 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The dx4 has nothing special, no curves or menus, i just needed to upgrade , and then with the better tx i can take over the world lolol, no really i need more options than 100 % throttle all the time ! And i was told the brushless esc would work better with a programable tx, thanks guys . I was going to go with the dx6 but one day i may want to use it with my 600 or bigger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn00p View Post
im guessing he means having the upgraded Tx he will be able to set throttle curves etc...

NOT totally necessary but desirable. Especially if you want to run V curves or lower than usual DR and expo settings... Lower the headspeed i dunno lots of reasons to upgrade to a decent programmable Tx.

Personally id take a Tx over a BL conversion. Then when you go BL you can program the tranny to have the heli fly just how you like :-)

Last edited by Heli biggie; 02-11-2013 at 06:33 AM.. Reason: Typo
Heli biggie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 07:52 AM   #270 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli biggie View Post
The dx4 has nothing special, no curves or menus, i just needed to upgrade , and then with the better tx i can take over the world lolol, no really i need more options than 100 % throttle all the time ! And i was told the brushless esc would work better with a programable tx, thanks guys . I was going to go with the dx6 but one day i may want to use it with my 600 or bigger!
Gotcha! I just read it funny, that you literally needed the better transmitter, to go brushless. I agree, I believe that you should get the best transmitter, you can afford. I have a friend with perhaps 10 of the cheapest 4-channel transmitters you can buy, one for each plane. Yet, he could have spent the same, or even less, and flown every plane, with a $500 transmitter, had he just bought a good transmitter, to begin with. To each their own.

Again, I'm just getting into the realm of heli's, now that they are fun from the get-go, NOT after you've bought two or three in parts, trying to learn. And I have bought two motors already. I want to go brushless as soon as possible, but I'm WAY behind the curve, being away from the hobby about 10 years. Spektrum was in it's infancy, and I'm amazed at how it has rather taken over the hobby, at least 2.4 Ghz has.

Thanks, all!

R
Hail, Satan!!
Old 02-12-2013, 10:02 AM   #271 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Breaking in new motor now , i wonder how many 3d flights these stock batteries can take , maybe its my batteries? Hmmm, how many break in flight should i do? My dx8 is on its way , im so excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcav8or View Post
Gotcha! I just read it funny, that you literally needed the better transmitter, to go brushless. I agree, I believe that you should get the best transmitter, you can afford. I have a friend with perhaps 10 of the cheapest 4-channel transmitters you can buy, one for each plane. Yet, he could have spent the same, or even less, and flown every plane, with a $500 transmitter, had he just bought a good transmitter, to begin with. To each their own.

Again, I'm just getting into the realm of heli's, now that they are fun from the get-go, NOT after you've bought two or three in parts, trying to learn. And I have bought two motors already. I want to go brushless as soon as possible, but I'm WAY behind the curve, being away from the hobby about 10 years. Spektrum was in it's infancy, and I'm amazed at how it has rather taken over the hobby, at least 2.4 Ghz has.

Thanks, all!

R
Old 02-13-2013, 12:33 PM   #272 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Not doing what I say

Anyone have any tips for a noob trying to get this little bird inverted??? Maybe some good settings or just explain the stick movements?? I usually pull straight back on the elev and when it's at 90 degrees I will start giving it some negative pitch... But it's almost like it doesn't have enough power to stay up I'm using stock settings by the way. ANY help would be great!!! I'm tired of boring fast forward flight, I want to use the full potential of my nano.
Crazykirby1225 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 02:44 PM   #273 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazykirby1225 View Post
Anyone have any tips for a noob trying to get this little bird inverted??? Maybe some good settings or just explain the stick movements?? I usually pull straight back on the elev and when it's at 90 degrees I will start giving it some negative pitch... But it's almost like it doesn't have enough power to stay up I'm using stock settings by the way. ANY help would be great!!! I'm tired of boring fast forward flight, I want to use the full potential of my nano.
Three things.
1) Are you flying idle up (sport mode)? (You should be, sounds like you are in normal mode)
2) Can you hover inverted (not just flip) a heli in a sim? (You should)
3) Are your nano's blades at 0 pitch when collective stick is middled? (should be)

Correct all 3 of these and inverting in a large area should not be a problem.

The nano is a squirrelly little beast, and its hard to flip in a small space.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #274 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default skids tip

Had time to play today. I had a set of MSR-X brand new skids here and nothing for them to go on. Geuss what?
Crape the pins down to fit.
Cut that center cross brace out (single cross brace above battery).
Ether cut the side braces off or just bend them out doubling them as main gear protectors, so struts come closer and shazam. You have a heavy duty pair of Nano skids plus CG with battery all the way forward on mine was dead on.
I was acualy doing piro's easier and cleaner with these than with the OEM or my AirTimes. (sorry Rich )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0883.jpg
Views:	593
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	394143  
RichKnapp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2013, 03:42 PM   #275 (permalink)
Registered Users

Crazykirby1225 - as ArchmageAU says, make 100% certain that your mid-stick has you at 0 degrees pitch. (I'd found that my shaft collar had actually slipped at one point, which was leading to me not having enough negative pitch to stay inverted.) Also, of course, make sure you're in idle-up so that you've actually got negative pitch on the lower half of the collective stick range.

The other thing I'll recommend, and I only say it here in strictest private confidence (I'd hate for everyone on the intrawebs to laugh at me! ;-), when I was first trying to do inverted indoors, I got some thread, and suspended the heli *upsidedown* (thread tied to a ceiling lamp on one end, to the skids on the other end), then hold the heli while you start up the motor (to keep it from spinning around), get just enough negative pitch going to make it 'light' on the string (you don't want to inverted-hover up into the string - makes a mess of things :-), gently let the heli go and experiment with throttle, rudder and cyclic - was a great learning tool for me. If it starts pendulum-ing around too much, just reduce the collective back to center and let it settle down, or stabilize it by briefly holding the skids (approach the skids from well *above* the rotors :-), then try it again. FWIW, i'd recommend nose-in inverted to start with...
Horse, V3, Grasser, Continuous Restoration Project
jim_stoll is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2013, 04:21 PM   #276 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Wife, V1, All Stock (missing manual)
Kid, V1 & V2, Xtreme Attitude, Gyroless, Full Metal Head
Dog, V2.1, Brushed, Slightly Modified

- I just LOVE that sig!!! Best on HF!!!
Old 02-14-2013, 05:41 PM   #277 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hahah manual
Old 02-14-2013, 07:04 PM   #278 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hah, yeah, if anyone has a wife manual, I'll pay top dollar! :-)
jim_stoll is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2013, 07:45 PM   #279 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim_stoll View Post
Hah, yeah, if anyone has a wife manual, I'll pay top dollar! :-)
My wife didn't come with a manual either (and she'd probably say I'm so uncomplicated that she doesn't need one for me).

Don't you only need the manual if trying to repair something (or access advanced features). My wife is perfect the way she is ("** sarcastic comment redacted **").

Physical wife repairs are handled by doctors. Emotional wife repairs usually require expensive sub-trim adjustments (either financial or personal).
Old 02-14-2013, 08:05 PM   #280 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Does rakon have an upgrade for that!

But for real. What servo Hole is everyone using, mine came to me not in the middle holes. Is there enough thread to move to middel hole? I seem to have to much positive pitch one way and then to much neg pitch with just one turn of the links! I wish there was a half turn option.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchmageAU View Post
My wife didn't come with a manual either (and she'd probably say I'm so uncomplicated that she doesn't need one for me).

Don't you only need the manual if trying to repair something (or access advanced features). My wife is perfect the way she is ("** sarcastic comment redacted **").

Physical wife repairs are handled by doctors. Emotional wife repairs usually require expensive sub-trim adjustments (either financial or personal).

Last edited by Heli biggie; 02-14-2013 at 08:09 PM.. Reason: More
Heli biggie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in