Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2012, 04:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Logo 600sx build question

Hi there, hope you can help.
I'm currently building my new logo 600 but I've got an issue, or I think I have.. I've put together the Heli but I have about 1/2mm gap at the bottom of the main shaft before the circlip. I've stripped it down twice, all the bearings are seated properly, the pin is all the way in the pulley for the belt drive and all the washers are in the right place..
Any thoughts? Or is this normal??
AndyE is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2012, 03:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quite normal, Its the pinned tail drive pulley that dictates the shaft position, then you need to shim the main gear as per instructions and a bit of common sense. With the new SX you do not want to have to force the motor pinion too low as you will place pressure on the motor counter bearing. I always place as many washers as required to space the circlip. Be advised that they now recommend 0.5mm play on the main gear/one way bearing. A little juggling required with shims to get it all right, the instructions are a good starting point of course.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzTDR + II
Alun
CyprusFlyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2012, 04:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Many thanks for the response. I've been digging all over the net on this with limited results! I'll order up a few more shims as currently there looks a little too much play overall.
Someone has kindly offered to help me with the pinion postitioning as it seems a little of a black art with herring bone gears (to me that is).
I've been assured once I've done it once i'll be fine! I hope so....
Servos and BEC due to arrive today so should have it built fully by the weekend ready for a test

Thanks again for the response.

Andy
AndyE is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2012, 08:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine was the same. I ended up adding an extra 0.2mm washer between the counterbearing and c-clip and still have the recommended play.
MarkH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2012, 11:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyprusFlyer View Post
Quite normal, Its the pinned tail drive pulley that dictates the shaft position, then you need to shim the main gear as per instructions and a bit of common sense. With the new SX you do not want to have to force the motor pinion too low as you will place pressure on the motor counter bearing. I always place as many washers as required to space the circlip. Be advised that they now recommend 0.5mm play on the main gear/one way bearing. A little juggling required with shims to get it all right, the instructions are a good starting point of course.
Is this slight vertical play for the purpose of "aiding" the herring bone gear/pinion to dynamically align properly?

Thanks
EEngineer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in