Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 08:29 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

hi Guys, Yes I am still alive !

Dave, sorry to hear about your dad, but it was great that you were there with him.. v ery few of us get to do that !1.

I have been having a great summer, especially with some new planks .. I did get to finally fly my C-47 Dakota, and had a few flights and some great fun.
I spent a lot of time over xmas partying and bonding with my son-in-laws.. went bush with them for a fishing/camping trip and we all got thoroughly trashed - not much fishing was done. A few days later after another big session in the pool, I woke up with heart palpations and ended up in intensive cardiac unit for a few days.. That was 3 weeks ago now, and I am still on Warfarin drugs etc to avoid a clot... not a of fun, as I had my 60th b'day on the weekend, and I could not party too hard. ( well I figure I can party like TWO 30 year -old's now !! )
My grandmother bought me a durafly A-1 Skyraider (1100mm w-span), which is very nice.. has retracts, lights, flaps,, the whole shebang and has really nice scale details. I have yet to maiden it, but will do that this week as soon as the cyclones and typhoons clear up here in Australia !!. It is becoming a bit hard to get out to the LMAC for a fly with all my craft, asI now have 2 x 600 helis, a 1400mm powered glider, c-47 dakota and the Skyraider,.. all to try an fit into my Nissan patrol.. I might have to just have a Heli day or a plank day !.

I am going to get the Heli's back in the air very soon... I figure my heart is good for it now !

So i will be posting again soon , as I am active again. We have our Annual LMAC events coming up this month ( Scale flying day and old-timers day ) and since I am vice-president I will have to put in some club time to assist on the days.

good to hear from you all, esp Luke, anthony, Sutty, Tom, Dennis, Dave , Jerry and Ian .. did I miss anybody ?

better get on with flying, as the weather's good again in Sunny orange , and look like still plenty of summer left to go !1
chansen1953 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2013, 09:01 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Long lost Chris!!! Good to hear from you, buddy. Sorry to hear about the ol' heart thing! Glad you're better now.
Go to take care of that thing, you know,,, leave the strang alone!
It's hard trying to keep up with thw young kids.

Take care, my friend. Let's see some pics of the Skyraider!
Old 01-29-2013, 06:26 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Goodness gracious, Chris, ICU !!!

And I got depressed when my cardiologist locked me up in the hospital for 2 days last November just for the battery of tests that he needed to tell me "been telling you to start living healthier, you moron !"...

1. You have to listen to your cardiologist, Chris. And not just listen, you need to process the info and think about what it means for you in particular; typically it involves some serious changes. If you think about it, there is really no choice; the alternative is not pretty.
  2. If you're 60 now, how old is your grandma???
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 08:13 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

yes , ok.. I have taken his comments on board... !!1

I have not had a cigarette or a beer since the day of the AF's..!!. figured I had to give up both at once, otherwise it would be too hard. . That is now 3 weeks ago, and I am going well .. now I don't miss the smokes or beer... but I do have the odd glass of wine once or twice a week..
I have actually lost about 4kg or so, just with the lack of beer !! and as soon as I get the Ok from Cardiologist, will be going on serious exercises daily.. I would like to drop off another 10kg or so in the next few months.

I will be doing the Skyraider Maiden this afternoon after work.. so I will take some pics...and try the helmet cam as well. ...
Hopefully it will all be ok !!
I just ordered a Blade Nano CPx , as I figured my Heli skill were getting rusty, and I would like to practice some 3D stuff without the worry of big crash costs... apparently this in a good way to go if you are scared of crashing a 600 every second day ( which I am !!)
hope to get it this weekend.. so I will report on and show some video of my first flip and 3D moves on a Nano CPX !1

jerry.. it is actually my wife's mother.. whom I affectionately call GRAN !1. she is still 90 in the shade however !!
and gave me cash to spend at HK !1

Old 01-30-2013, 11:10 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Chris, so glad to hear you are doing ok!
Scary shit, man. Weight loss is important for old farts like us. Working on getting back to flight weight status myself.
Positive attitude, getting out and enjoying life is the key, for sure.

Don't know a damn thing about the new CPx. When I had my knee redone I got one when they first released. Tried to hover it in the house once or twice. Didn't work out so well. Something about being loaded to the gills with Oxy and super duty antibiotics. Haven't touched it since.

You could also look into the Ladybug. People seem to really like those. Not into anything Walkera, myself.
Just saw a vid where two guys, at nite were flying it around in fpv following it around with their car! Pretty cool.
Landing it on their heads and stuff, pretty funny. Blades are so small and soft they can't even break skin it it hits your ear.

Hope the record heat there is over now? Sounded like it was real bad there for a hell of a long time!

Take care, buddy! You're in my prayers.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:14 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

hI Tom,
Yes, Heat waves have sort of finished.. then was followed by a Cyclone the went down the whole east coast, causing massive floods in Queensland, Brisbane, and northern NSW.. floods are still receeding after nearly a whole week up there. poor people, they were hit badly in 2009 as well. .
So one day heat waves and extreme bush fires, next day floods, and now VIC is again in the midst of another bushfire !1. that's Australia for you-- full of extremes..
too windy yesterday for flying .. damm.. and today is thunder storms.. again.. hopefully can get out to maiden and have a fly on saturday or sunday !!
Old 02-02-2013, 03:17 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just wanted to add my condolences about Dauste Snr. Terrible news, and terrible timing. However I go, I would want my son to be at my side. So I'm also happy that you got to spend those last few precious moments together

I missed being there with my family, when my grandad passed away 11 yrs ago. The fact I had the chance to be there, and chose not to be, still haunts me. All because I needed to practice for some poxy DJ'ing gig. Family first, friends second, and the rest is just icing on the cake of life
TRex600N, Kasama Head, OS50SX
copterboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 04:36 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

ok guys , I'm abit excited to my next pre-order , got all the electronics covered , anybody else got the G500 on pre-order
Old 02-02-2013, 04:38 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

or was it the Belt G500
Old 02-04-2013, 02:49 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm alive too...

Likely don't recognize the username, but maybe the first name Mike will refresh some memories.

Great to see some all to familiar faces. Sad to not see some, including Jack and Alex, to name a few.
Ubiquitious is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2013, 06:59 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Mike!!! Haven't you been going through a tough divorce when you dropped off the face of the earth?
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2013, 04:17 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

That among other things, than trying to patch things up and more garbage. Vicious things those creatures are. Aha lol...
Old 02-05-2013, 02:34 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubiquitious View Post
I'm alive too...

Likely don't recognize the username, but maybe the first name Mike will refresh some memories.

Great to see some all to familiar faces. Sad to not see some, including Jack and Alex, to name a few.
Hasn't been the same without you - welcome back
Helis: Belt-CP, Mini Titan, EXI 450, HK250-GT, HK500-GT, HK600-GT, mSR (all modified/customised). Quads: Q4, nQX, HK250, Custom built 560 Deadcat camera platform. Some planks. DX6i & DX9. And a boat & some HK surface controller thingy.
CyprusDave is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2013, 04:30 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubiquitious View Post
That among other things, than trying to patch things up and more garbage. Vicious things those creatures are. Aha lol...
As I was told when I got divorced.....don't ever re-marry, just find a woman you don't like and buy her a house!

Of course, I ignored it and I am now happily married...well....she's happy and I'm married.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:29 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cheers guys.

With two kids, the cost of my sanity isn't worth it, so I'm opting for insanity with hopefully more funding for toys.

Worst part is, due to some friends I've made over the past year, I picked up another addiction, the drag strip. SO, helicopters seem cheap by comparison.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in