Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System

Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System Thunder Tiger GT5 Flybarless Electronics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2014, 11:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default gt5.1 on mini titan sport. tilting forward on pitch pump. [SOLVED]

I. Am am setting up a new mini titan s FBL kit. I have an issue with the heli pitching forward when i do a pitch oump. The heli hovers fine, although it seems like it needs some back elevator trim. I guesse the forward sip is probably present at hover. But not reaally noticable untill i pump the pitch a little.

P for swash is on 60%. Hover headspeed on about 70%.

where do I start looking? Just to confess. I am not too confident in FBL just yet. I know its the beez kneez these days. But i am yet to feel easy in trusting my whole cyclic to electronics that have a hundred parameters... I am a bit out of my depth in trying to troubleshoot this one...

on a side note. When sitting on the bench. The swaah drifts and dips slightly down and left (front). I am batyling ti understand how I am supposed to check if the swash pitches up evenly.. when I am not in control of it...

I would really appreciate some ideas...
Radiomaster TX16S

Last edited by Fade-Dude; 06-23-2014 at 03:56 AM.. Reason: solved
Fade-Dude is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2014, 03:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

For someone else's possible future benefit, I found the issue. The swash was totally whack out of being level... the elevator servo was way off. I thought the swash was creeping, it wasn't really. It was just the elevator being so far off. It was a complete spline turn off centre. This is hidden in the air, as the FBL gyro will keep it hovering, and not falling forward as with a flybarred heli...

Have to give it a test fly, but feel much better about it now.

For reference to guys getting this kit, it may be a good idea to see my post on everything that was a bit whack with the assembly of my (A)RTF kit.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...01#post5919701

Ciao
Radiomaster TX16S
Fade-Dude is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
fbl, flybarless., gt5.1, mini titan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in