Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Miniature Aircraft Helicopters > MA Electric

MA Electric IonX2, Razor and Furion Support forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2006, 12:27 PM   #21 (permalink)

Thank you guys. Will download the 1.23 and try...

Btw i removed the G3 rx a few months ago. I was not able to find an antenna position where i had not at least one failsafe per flight. Placed the 148dp in and now it works fine.

Seems that is something already on the plus side now with the CC ESC...

Marcel
marcelino is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2006, 02:14 PM   #22 (permalink)
BobbySmith

Jon yes trashed gear on 10s and 12s double stacked i was running governer mode on 12s @ 80 % it has a lot of power like i said it works great until you start turning the helicopter quick then boom it strips

On 10s i was running 100% throttle curve i was using sinlge 48s until i had to change them every 30 flights then i came up wiht the thick motor plate idea didnt have any problems until i put the g3 in it and boom stripped 2nd flgiht so i went back to the 319rx wiht the double stack have alot of flights on 10s wiht 0 failure

A V curve is a waste of time on a electric if you ask me.

Her is the thread from the first double gear made https://www.helifreak.com/about10647.html
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2006, 04:07 PM   #23 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I went through 5 secondaries with HC me and Clint, (Yes even the clintstone smooth smack would kill them) using the CC-110 in Airplane Mode, the G3 and the NEU 1521. I sold my 2-stage Ion, and have been running a single stage with 32-3/Hacker 77-O-Heli for 157 flights now, with no issues and great power. This single stage setup on 10s is my favorite heli combo I have ever owned by a wide margin. I really dislkite working on my machine all the time, and all I do is lube with tri-flo each flying weekend, and check the machine over between flights, and nothing has ever come loose or been a problem on this setup. It DOES get flown HARD to, Marcus Kim, H to the C, Clint and many others fly this macine regularly. Me and B are not the kind of people that figure stuff on paper and talk shit while the heli sits and is not flown. Our machines get tested HARD weekend in and weekend out.

Everybody who flys it love it, to the point the word is getting around and some people will not even go near it for fear of getting hooked in. I am not fibbing, even Chris Bergen flew it this weekend and liked it. Come to think of it, I do not know of anyone who has flown it that did not like it. They usually say they LOVE it but don't think they can afford to get all the kit necessary to fly and have fun with one.
Old 05-28-2006, 04:31 PM   #24 (permalink)
BobbySmith

I was going to do some Governer mode testing for Bernie @ castle he said he was willing to work wiht me. A fter Mha event next week i will go back to tesing i also have a 170 gram set of 690 V'S iam working with and they flying VERY VERY well

There is a fine line between 3d and hard 3d i like the hard on the deck 3d and the 10s setups have me a little bored right now even though the power is incredible i wish we could get the 12s to hold together. THE BELT DRIVE 32-3 ON 12S IS THE MONSTER!!! POWER IS INSANE!!!!
Old 05-28-2006, 06:01 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Will,

I'm having the same experience with my ION as you are, it is config'd the same. Never any problem with Batts, ESC, Motors, just fly it -- and it flies very well, but I am looking for a little more "punch". With that said, I'm hoping the 12s set-up will hold up under my flying. I'm not like Bobby, not "hard 3D" down on the deck kinda of stuff, more of "soft 3D" (funnels, hurricanes, piro-flips, etc) but a little higher -- a mistake high or so and little easier on collective. I have a YS91 Stratus, and honestly the power is better, but I really believe that when we getting a bullet proof set-up running 12s like we have today with the Hacker/Actro/10s the power differences will be negligible.
JonMann is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2006, 06:41 PM   #26 (permalink)
BobbySmith

Hey yea I would iagree as well i have been flying the snot oout of the Ions with 0 problems the Neu on 10s is Hot!! wiht the Evo 3700 cells the 20c packs really wake it up

Jon i had 2 Stratus's going wiht OMI OS 91's in them you say youre Ys 91 Stratus has more power then youre Ion i can only guess you are running the 8000 packs because wiht the new 20c packs the power is prettty serious i would almost have to say more then Omi power for atleast 2 minutes

12S is the way for sure cant wait to hear how it goes for you
Old 05-28-2006, 09:01 PM   #27 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I agree with Bobby. I also have had multiple Extremes and 2 Strati (sp ? )

Misskimo filmed Matt Botos flying my Ion this evening, I hope to have the tape captured from his camcorder and share very soon. It was with the 5s1p 3700 packs and includes a piro flipping auto to inverted auto. I think Matt liked it.

Matt also flew Tony's two Ion's and basically I think we got him hooked. Good work Tony!! Bobby, wait until you see the tape, my Ion is flying better than ever, Charles Rosario helped me with some squaring up in swash detail and servo comp yesterday after he flew it, he liked it so much he wanted to offer help fine tuning. Charles also worked on TOny's two Ion's and they are flying a lot better as well.

Setup is everything on an Ion, you can throw all the $$ you want at it but until you fly it a lot and learn it you will never know what you are missing. I am really lucky that I fly with so many talented pilots, and they want to help and enjoy the machine and help tweak the setup. I really LOVE this machine!! Wait until you see the video, Tony does a good job filming.

I also shot Matt and Jared flying today with Mike Trueblood's camcorder and hopefully that will turn out to be some good video. Matt and Jared both are flying at unseen levels, and really rocking. I love this hobby!!
Old 05-28-2006, 09:12 PM   #28 (permalink)
BobbySmith

Cant wait to see it !

I agree fine tuning it is everything i have also played in swsh menu and my Ions are flying incredible!! Having the swash square is everything

The 14mz has a few extra menus theat are sweet to fine tune the swash
Old 05-29-2006, 07:24 AM   #29 (permalink)
BobbySmith

Will i herd Tony's Ions were pretty screwed up setup wise glad he got them straightened out

Did Tony lay any smack down??
Old 05-30-2006, 05:26 AM   #30 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Tony's Ion's were running pretty good, and he is figuring out his 14MZ pretty good to. That V-Stabi needs a lot of tweaking to make it fly square, it looked like a handfull for Matt. Pretty cool, though without a flybar, but extremely complicated programming and TONS of interraction issues, which I guess are software related???
Old 05-30-2006, 01:32 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 1.23 software

Where you download 1.23?
Thanks
xlpro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2006, 01:58 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

if you have the latest version of Castle-Link you can select which version of software to flash to the ESC from the update section.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:26 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Guys, just a quick note - the new V1.51 works awesome on my Trex with CC35, it cured the occasional cutoffs i used to get with the older versions, and spool up is smother then ever (running all max speeds on throttle response).

So at least for my CC35 - the results of the new version are wonderful !
I3DM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2006, 11:43 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Airplane mode ???

How do you know you are in airplane mode. I tried a new cc110 with 1.23 firmwre installed and it spooled up nicely and hovered in gov hi mode at 1850 hs at 75% throttle. I see no airplane mode setting in the software on any page. Does the airplane mode spool up soft??

Thanks
Old 05-31-2006, 04:51 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

the hi & lo gov modes are considered heli modes, the "normal" or default mode is airplane mode. airplane mode will spool up soft if it is configured that way, which it sounds like you have. with hi gov mode you should get some more RPM.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:09 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 1.23 firmware

Are you running 1.23 with success on hi gov mode? I have only hovered my ion with this setting today and so far excellent, but what does everyone recommend? Chris at MinAir said to run hi-gov mode.

Also I temped the Neu Motor after 4 minutes of hovering and it was 165-170, is this too hot for hovering, will temps go down in forward flight?

Thanks!
Old 05-31-2006, 08:18 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

xlpro,

no, I haven't flown my heli with hi gov mode yet, using a Hacker ESC on one, the one that will have the CC ESC isn't quite finished yet, but have used the hi gov mode on CC ESC's on other helis.

165-170 seems too warm, what were the temps with airplane mode?? what was the increase in headspeed with hi gov mode?
Old 06-01-2006, 03:18 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default temps

I did not try it in airplane mode, can I still get the soft start in airplane mode? head speed was 1940 on a hot pack.

Thanks
Old 06-01-2006, 01:48 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

yes, soft start works in airplane mode as well
Old 07-05-2006, 10:09 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Finally got the batteries to fly my new ION 12s, have had this ION built for a couple weeks and had flown it a couple times on 10s just to make sure that everything was working OKay. Put the 12s packs on, slowly throttled up, once head was up to speed, hit idle up and BAM! there goes the gears, stripped immediately, never even got close to getting flying.

I know you guys warned me.

Chris.........................................

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in