Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 120 SR

120 SR Blade (eFlite) 120 SR Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2014, 11:50 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Just bought one on Horizon Hobby last night 259, no tax no shipping cost
lilslim79 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2014, 11:54 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was researching WL Toys helicopters yesterday and they are STUPID CHEAP. I can't believe how cheap they are like 1/4 the price of Blade stuff but I guess its because they are toy grade helicopters? Looking closely at them though the quality looks amazing and the transmitters they come with are much nicer than what Blade puts out. And almost all the reviews I read are all positive praising them.

So what's the catch? Anyone have any information on WL Toys helicopters?
Old 07-14-2014, 05:16 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryv83 View Post
Yeah that's pretty much what I was saying in my post. I was just stating that the 200srx isn't worth the money over the 120sr, once you consider crash costs, and the issues people are having with them falling from the sky. The 200srx seems to have larger helicopter comparable repair bills also.
My bad....thought you were referring to the 120sr as being very expensive.....missed that one..
airshot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2014, 05:20 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wait until you need a replacement part........and you will........then tell us how good "they look". Take it from someone that has done this for a few years....those cheap imports look great and probably fly well to start....but when you start having problems might as well toss them and start over. Look at all the years the 120sr has been out and parts, info, and tech help is still availiable.
airshot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2014, 06:46 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

The wltoys stuff is cheap and from what I've seen it's ok. All of their stuff is cloned from other companies, so once you find out what it's cloned from part replacement isn't an issue. They have a great clone of the original mcpx, that believe it or not actually flys better than the original. Be aware that the electrics are not the best on the knock off heli's though.
terryv83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2014, 01:17 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilslim79 View Post
Oh one more thing before I forget. What mode would be comparable to flying the 120 SR (the closest anyway).

Beginner, Intermediate, or Expert?

I'm curious to see where I would be if (when) I purchase a 200 SRX.
Intermediate. It sounds like you're getting pretty good with the 120sr so skip right over beginner on the 200.

You'll probably find that the 200 is easier to fly as well. Have fun!
Cmiller is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2014, 01:21 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Not when you're on a budget, that bloody 200srx is stupidly expensive for what you get.
$240 is expensive for a heli that can be flown outside and comes with ground-breaking technology?
Old 07-29-2014, 04:31 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ill agree it has ground breaking technology but it is a piece of shit. Tail motors fail left and right along with main motors and the main gears strip on the slightest of impacts. Also the heli has 0 power, I had to increase the motor gain to 200% just to get it flyable and now it has tons of head speed but still is a dog in the air. Im pretty sure its the blades, a different set of blades would do wonders on this thing..its just got no lift.

I do enjoy flying it in intermediate mode, but theres no reason for the malfunctions right out of the box. My 120 SR has been SIGNIFICANTLY more reliable and more of a joy to fly. Oh another thing. On expert mode its almost impossible to fly it feels like it has no jyro not sure why it should be that difficult to keep in the air on experienced mode versus the 120..ill have to stay in intermediate mode for a while, im too nervous to take it out of that.

120 SR || 200 SR X || mSR || Proto-X FPV || Proto-X SLT
Old 07-29-2014, 05:43 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Ill agree it has ground breaking technology but it is a piece of shit. Tail motors fail left and right along with main motors and the main gears strip on the slightest of impacts. Also the heli has 0 power, I had to increase the motor gain to 200% just to get it flyable and now it has tons of head speed but still is a dog in the air. Im pretty sure its the blades, a different set of blades would do wonders on this thing..its just got no lift.

I do enjoy flying it in intermediate mode, but theres no reason for the malfunctions right out of the box. My 120 SR has been SIGNIFICANTLY more reliable and more of a joy to fly. Oh another thing. On expert mode its almost impossible to fly it feels like it has no jyro not sure why it should be that difficult to keep in the air on experienced mode versus the 120..ill have to stay in intermediate mode for a while, im too nervous to take it out of that.
Main gears shouldn't strip that easy if you're chopping the throttle. That and I have not heard of any issues with main motors.

Also your comments about it being a dog in the air makes me think something else is wrong... With the gain turned up you should have plenty of throttle. It would shoot into the air like a CP but mine is pretty quick.

Also, in expert mode, it feels like that because it doesn't self level. Your 120 self levels with a fly bar.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:15 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

I see. I made that comment about it flying based on how it felt. I also handed it over to my stepdad who has been flying CP 3D helicopters for 25+ years. He has about 50,000 in just helicopters alone plus another 50 in planes its absurd. Hes got everything from a mcpx, 130x, to 700 size nitro powered monsters. He can fly very very well and he made the comment that it feels harder for him to fly it on experienced mode compared to his 3d machines. And he said it felt like it had no gyro.

Old 07-30-2014, 09:07 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I see. I made that comment about it flying based on how it felt. I also handed it over to my stepdad who has been flying CP 3D helicopters for 25+ years. He has about 50,000 in just helicopters alone plus another 50 in planes its absurd. Hes got everything from a mcpx, 130x, to 700 size nitro powered monsters. He can fly very very well and he made the comment that it feels harder for him to fly it on experienced mode compared to his 3d machines. And he said it felt like it had no gyro.
Interesting. It could be that the settings are off on the tx. To me it flies very similar to the 300x in phoenix v5.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:50 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmiller View Post
$240 is expensive for a heli that can be flown outside and comes with ground-breaking technology?
Yes, quite frankly it is. In comparison I bought a 300X for $230. But you're right the 200srx doe seem to be breaking a lot of ground, considering nearly everyone has had failures resulting in the aforementioned broken ground. SAFE technology is a hindrance on a heli pilots learning curve, where as the mechanical nature of the 120sr is beneficial. Now had it been CP instead of FP I would say the price point was better.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:55 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
It will feel harder to fly to a 3d pilot used to a CP heli's way of handling headspeed, another hindrance to a learning pilot.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:02 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yes, quite frankly it is. In comparison I bought a 300X for $230. But you're right the 200srx doe seem to be breaking a lot of ground, considering nearly everyone has had failures resulting in the aforementioned broken ground. SAFE technology is a hindrance on a heli pilots learning curve, where as the mechanical nature of the 120sr is beneficial. Now had it been CP instead of FP I would say the price point was better.
You're comparing the cost of a used, discontinued model to a new model...
Old 07-31-2014, 04:09 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Not to mention comparing it to a RTF with transmitter, battery, charger..

Old 07-31-2014, 05:30 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey lilslim79
Go to www.bladehelis.com click on Helis,intermediate,200sr x, ether BNF or RTF, click support, at the bottom of the page is a film that shows how to adjust motor power. Their's another page to click on that shows gain adjustments.
lrz50 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2014, 05:36 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Brand new in the box from a LHS, sure it didn't come with the crappy RTF controller, but it that TX is useless for a advancing pilot that and I was comparing it to the prices here which is over $300 rtf and over $240 Bnf.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:46 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrz50 View Post
Hey lilslim79
Go to www.bladehelis.com click on Helis,intermediate,200sr x, ether BNF or RTF, click support, at the bottom of the page is a film that shows how to adjust motor power. Their's another page to click on that shows gain adjustments.
I figured out how to adjust the 4 gains using the PDF. I have the motor power up to 200% and I forget the rest. Is there more your talking about?

Old 08-01-2014, 04:51 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

You have motor power adjusted up to 200% and still no power?? The one in the film looks to be zipping along pretty good.
lrz50 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2014, 04:56 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrz50 View Post
You have motor power adjusted up to 200% and still no power?? The one in the film looks to be zipping along pretty good.
Its got power just no lift. My 120 skyrockets when I get if it a little juice and the 200 sounds like jet taking off but barely moves up. Im sure its normal its just the blades. Ive seen videos on youtube to change the blades and the difference it makes between the stock and mod...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in