Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > NX4

NX4 Discussion and support of the Gaui NX4 Nitro Helicopter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 09:17 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vteknical View Post
This really sucks, I'm going to replace the sleeve with trex 600 before I maiden mine. This pitch slider crap should not be an issue considering they dealt with it on earlier models.

So far the upgrade before even one drop of fuel.

* Fuel tubing
*Missing ball end for throttle
*Warped fan
*Stripped screw heads
*Pitch slider because I don't trust the Gaui version.
*Reinforce canopy grommet area
Add the gaui blades to that if you got the kit with blades. Can someone post a part number or something for what is needed to fix the pitch slider?
joallen001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 09:28 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks. I need to get H60077A that is made of metal. Mine is plastic and I cannot fully secure the ball.
rudyy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 09:30 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by joallen001 View Post
Can someone post a part number or something for what is needed to fix the pitch slider?
The part number is H60077A.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:35 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, I'm going to give it a couple more weeks. Not going to really have time to finish my build till after Christmas anyhow. Will be following thread looking for (hopefully no more) failures. Could very well just be factory assembly, over tightening. Granted, it should be a stronger part IMO, if many more failures, I will opt for an alternative pre-maiden rather then post crash.
crickr1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 09:46 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by joallen001 View Post
Add the gaui blades to that if you got the kit with blades. Can someone post a part number or something for what is needed to fix the pitch slider?
My kit came with proven Edge blades from Ready Heli's kit. I think everyone who has had issues has respectfully given Gaui constructive feedback without bashing them. I do see issues escalate quite quickly when they are not addressed in hopes they go away. I think it would be in the NX4's future interest that Gaui provide a little more support when these fires pop up.

I wish all the best to those that have a higher tolerance for bad parts during their build and hopefully they have 500 problem free flights thereafter.
vteknical is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 09:50 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by caralmar View Post
So I should just keep quiet and not say anything about all the issues I've encountered? If I'm not mistaken, you pump up Rotorworkz upgrades for Align helis, so your opinion is biased. Of course we would all be better off with tons of upgrades.... Like all those "upgrades" to the 600Pro... Completely unneeded parts!

This isn't mob mentality...these are facts. The slider broke on my heli, on Taus, on Saundo, and who knows how many more, along with all those X5 owners I linked to earlier. I'm glad you personally receive great Team Gaui support. Bobby is great and very approachable, but the issues are real, and no one from Team Gaui is taking ownership for them on here.

I owned an X5 for a year. Awesome heli, but it too had many issues... INCLUDING the slider problem... Here is a pic of my X5 with an Align 600 slider:

Yes, I did crash the heli before but the tail was not damaged. Nice how you have the "blame the user mentality". If I flubbed the tail, how do you explain all the other failures?

I never said you should keep quiet. I do fly for rotorworkz and the align parts I replaced with the rotorworkz parts had no issues at all Its other parts of the heli with issues. I never blaimed you. I see you have taken it personally and that is ok. It wasnt meant to be taken that way. Issues should be addressed. Its the downing and bashing I dont get. Like I said brass is a weak metal and another material would be better. I never expect my new kits to be perfect. They have never been perfect. If my tail slider breaks then I will chime in on that. I have things I dont like on the gauis as well but I deal with it and keep going.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:51 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't think we are saying one is better than the other (Align vs Gaui) but we are concerned why this is happening. And no we should not have to replace parts with such a new kit.

I added pics to my thread above. Issue become because the same part seems to be breaking in the same place for all of us.... That in my book is a faulty part, plain and simple.

My crash involved a skid, some ball links, bottom drive gear, torque gear by the chassis and a boom strike. Nothing to the tail.

The problem is this part failure on a new kit so quickly ( I have 12-13 flights) causes doubt and there is nothing worse than that while flying.

tauseef
Old 12-13-2012, 09:56 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by tauscnc View Post
I don't think we are saying one is better than the other (Align vs Gaui) but we are concerned why this is happening. And no we should not have to replace parts with such a new kit.

I added pics to my thread above. Issue become because the same part seems to be breaking in the same place for all of us.... That in my book is a faulty part, plain and simple.

My crash involved a skid, some ball links, bottom drive gear, torque gear by the chassis and a boom strike. Nothing to the tail.

The problem is this part failure on a new kit so quickly ( I have 12-13 flights) causes doubt and there is nothing worse than that while flying.

tauseef
I agree. I never meant to step on any toes with my post. I was just pointing out that it happens with all brands. The Gaui team does read this and report it back to Gaui. Also contacting Gaui ourselves will help.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:56 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

The workaround solution only costs $10 which is worth to change. Just think of using $10 to buy an insurance. I will not take the chance to having it eating the dirt, and I just order H60077A.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:22 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by willlig756 View Post
I never said you should keep quiet. I do fly for rotorworkz and the align parts I replaced with the rotorworkz parts had no issues at all Its other parts of the heli with issues. I never blaimed you. I see you have taken it personally and that is ok. It wasnt meant to be taken that way. Issues should be addressed. Its the downing and bashing I dont get. Like I said brass is a weak metal and another material would be better. I never expect my new kits to be perfect. They have never been perfect. If my tail slider breaks then I will chime in on that. I have things I dont like on the gauis as well but I deal with it and keep going.
Hmm... this statement sure sounds like "fix it and don't bitch about it":
Quote:
Originally Posted by willlig756
My tail slider broke in flight on it and I didnt run to the forum complaining.
I think we all deal with things we don't like and make improvements to our helis. Its unrealistic to expect any kit to be perfect out of the box. However, when a list of issues is present on a brand new AND expensive heli... that's a whole new ballgame.

In any case, this isn't about Align vs. Gaui, so I'll stop the comparisons... and just humbly request that someone from Team Gaui step forward, take ownership for following up on our concerns, and act as a true representative of this company and stand behind their product...in much the same way that Charley Stephens and Team AleeS has done for the Rush 750.
AMA #934662
caralmar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2012, 10:24 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

For a minute there, I thought I was on the Blade 130X forum.. Why do I keep jumping on these things so quickly.
Now that I own 3 NX4's this news comes out.. grrr...

Well at least I own a TRex 600 and TRex 550 so I already have the "upgraded" slider in stock.

Out of my 3 130x's I had to send one back because of the gyro not working, the second had vibration and stripping gears ( fixed with upgrades ), the third flew well stock.
My TRex 600 crashed one time because of a failure to the 1-way bearing ( fixed with KDE upgrade ).

BTW: A lot of the same sort of questions came up with the 130x about why the problems weren't caught in testing. The most logic reason was that the prototypes that were flown, were not mass produced and the quality was high because of that fact.
Once the model went into production, manufacturing tolerances might have been off along with lots of assembly mistakes. I am not making excuses for these problems, as I have been the one to "literally" pay the price, just trying to justify why it keeps happening on many new machines.

The stock blade thing is scaring me also. Is there a failure concern with the Guai blades or just performance gripes?

-GN
Old 12-13-2012, 10:37 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Hmm... this statement sure sounds like "fix it and don't bitch about it":
If thats how you read it then fine. I really feel you misundertood what I was trying to get across.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:39 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasNerd View Post
For a minute there, I thought I was on the Blade 130X forum.. Why do I keep jumping on these things so quickly.
Now that I own 3 NX4's this news comes out.. grrr...

Well at least I own a TRex 600 and TRex 550 so I already have the "upgraded" slider in stock.

Out of my 3 130x's I had to send one back because of the gyro not working, the second had vibration and stripping gears ( fixed with upgrades ), the third flew well stock.
My TRex 600 crashed one time because of a failure to the 1-way bearing ( fixed with KDE upgrade ).

BTW: A lot of the same sort of questions came up with the 130x about why the problems weren't caught in testing. The most logic reason was that the prototypes that were flown, were not mass produced and the quality was high because of that fact.
Once the model went into production, manufacturing tolerances might have been off along with lots of assembly mistakes. I am not making excuses for these problems, as I have been the one to "literally" pay the price, just trying to justify why it keeps happening on many new machines.

The stock blade thing is scaring me also. Is there a failure concern with the Guai blades or just performance gripes?

-GN
The stock blades are flimsy. they will fly ok if your not doing 3d otherwise a different brand would be better
Old 12-13-2012, 10:51 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Big difference in Align today and when the 600N came out. When it first came out it had plenty of issues and parts were scarce sounds kinda familiar. Hopefully Gaui will step up and address the issues, this heli has huge potential. This is a cycle that repeats over and over with each new release no matter what brand.
ChuckL is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2012, 09:22 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 600 slider sounds like a half assed fix to me. I hope Gaui comes out with an upgraded part. Also it does not seem like a manurfacturing tolerance issue but a design flaw. Three failures is not many until you think about how many NX4 are actually flying. These were the first few guys on the forum building production kits. I plan to have mine flying very soon but now I'm not sure what to do.
Glenn Goodlett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2012, 09:39 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodlett View Post
The 600 slider sounds like a half assed fix to me. I hope Gaui comes out with an upgraded part. Also it does not seem like a manurfacturing tolerance issue but a design flaw. Three failures is not many until you think about how many NX4 are actually flying. These were the first few guys on the forum building production kits. I plan to have mine flying very soon but now I'm not sure what to do.
but we do not know how many out there have already encountered the same issue. It may be 10, 30 or an 100. No one knows.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:52 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tail Pitch Slider

Hello GAUI Fans:

If your experencing problems with the tail pitch slider, or have any other concerns with the machine. Please e-mail me jc@empirerc.com

We will replace the defective parts. Please include a picture of the defective part.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:55 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jczankl View Post
Hello GAUI Fans:

If your experencing problems with the tail pitch slider, or have any other concerns with the machine. Please e-mail me jc@empirerc.com

We will replace the defective parts.
Thank you JC, but I think the real concern is not with replacing a $20 part... but rather that the part itself has a problem that needs to be re-designed/strengthened.
AMA #934662
caralmar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2012, 10:13 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thank you JC, but I think the real concern is not with replacing a $20 part... but rather that the part itself has a problem that needs to be re-designed/strengthened.
I agree with Caralmar and also JC what happens when I am flying this machine and the $20 part breaks and the machine crashes, now I get a free $20 part and I have a $40- $? bill, thanks for addressing the issue but if this part is bad I would like to get it replaced before my flight and have the confidence that it wont break in flight and crash costing me $$$$$.

Thanks
Old 12-14-2012, 10:17 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Replacing a deflective sleeve after it causes a crash makes no business sense to my 1k toy. I'm going to replace with another just for peace of mind. My issues haven't completely tarnished my perception of the NX4. I am hoping once everything is sorted out, the joy of my maiden flight straightens me out again. Maybe that's just my cognitive dissonance protecting my psyche.
vteknical is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in