Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 11:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default A biased but HONEST report on the Logo 700 Xxtreme

Yes Biased as since 2007 winter sometime I been a Mikado rep. But here are few things to CLEAR the air about my true, honest thoughts on the Logo 700.

A few years back when Mikado announced a Logo 700 coming soon I was damned excited to hear this as my real love is with 90 sized / 700 sized helis, they just have that shear presence in the air and of course all the beautifull attributes of that size in smoothness and so on.
A year went by, no Logo 700 size heli, but the Xxteme 800 was out, BIG sad face on me ....

Meh.... well another year here we are the Logo 700 is OUT! YAY

Before I say my short bit to understand I have owned the following of the Mikado line:

Logo 20 (x1)
Logo 24 (x1) NO Bionic canopy however and not a bad thing not a fan of that canopy
Logo 10
Logo 10 Exxtreme TP framed
Logo 10 Stretched
Logo 14 (x2)
Logo 400 (x)
Logo 500 (x2) Flybarred and Flybarless
Logo 6003D (x2)
Logo 600SE (x1)
NOW Logo 700 (x1) currently

SO ya I have owned allot of Logos.

Also in this last few years of waiting I have owned and built and flown many other 700 sized helis out there such as the following. I do this to KNOW what others have, and if I ever found one I loved very likely I would venture there and camp there but.... I like to test and apparently like to lose money on the way lol. NOW prior to continuing to not start any harsh feelings I will not rate the ones listed below, rather just tell you what I have had and tried.

Synergy E7
Compass 7HV
T-rex V1 and V2 700
Minicopter Diabolo
Henseleit TDR
Thunder Tiger E720
Alees Rush 750
Minirature Aircraft Ion X 1 and 2

Currently also have a SAB goblin

And what out of do not own but have tried personally many times to friends owning them are

Gaui X7
Rave 700
Min Air Whiplash
Avant Aurora 700 E

Now everything I compare with I use same setups or near exact in relation to POWER and flight time, those are important to me, and are crucial. BUT the #1 thing that is important to me is how a heli FLIES.

SO I make the following statements that if ANYONE can tell me I am wrong please let me know in great detail why...

Logo 700 Xxtreme:

1.) If not the MOST responsive and linear cyclic I have tried to date, NO BULL$HIT here ladies and gents, truly a Logo feel and its a very calculated feel

2.) The tail on the Logo 700 is AWESOME, even with 105mm tail this tail is SOLID vibe free locked in like grandpas favourite vice, I am TRULY happy with the tail on this helicopter 100%. SOOOOOOO many other helis I have tried struggle to have a tail like this with 115 tails it ain't funny!

3.) Construction and quality of parts, the metal, alignment of everything was 100% superb, equal or greater to then my Diabolo or TDR I had, and I rate those HIGH!

4.) In knowing in the build and seeing how things were made, in reviewing the shear fit and finish of all the mechanical parts, one thing comes to mind. LONGEVITY! This heli I "GUARANTEE" will be the most if not one of the very most PROBLEM FREE durable helis EVER built period, NOTHING I have built comes close to the shear beefy factor of this heli, nothing.

Things some think and I thought to prior to building, and flying this heli are.

Many say...

Man it looks heavy, YUP it does...

Mine weighed in around 12LBS. Does it fly like it is or in anyway a slouch = ABSOLUTELY NOT and that is 100% honest.

In fact this heli is SUPER fast on cyclic, I put as fast as my Gobin 700 EASY, in fact all with lower numbers, this is the FIRST heli in this size I have EVER LOWERED my agility and cyclic numbers to where I was in disbelief to be truthfull, this thing is reactive period.

Autos? All that drag with secondary belt system? NOPE not one bit it friken autos awesome, period.

I'll tell ya right now, I just made myself alot of of money, you know how? I am done buying and trying other 700 machines, this IS the machine for me. I love how it flies, I love how it is built and that I can worry free fly again and again without arm links bending in flight, NO static on the gear train like some other TT systems, NO vibes like some other helis, SILENT beyond words in gear train awesomeness, yes I am that happy with it for sure.

Does it go from A to B like a goblin low on the ground? NO it does not, it should not it is a half a pound heavier and it is just like 20% larger if not more, so it is 100% ok with me. The way it flies as said 100% most important to me, the fact that it was built and designed so well solidifies for me what I need here on out. Maybe 14S, maybe larger mains to try I will experiment. BUT as it is in stock form with the 4525-520 motor which PULLS Like a animal is 100% fine as is on 12S.
WHY would I consider the cell count option or main blades??.... CAUSE YOU CAN, that is the beauty of this helicopter unlike some it begs to be abused, cause it can be without failure or worry

Mikado did a TON of work since prototype on this heli, what many seen at funflies is NOT what the production kit is at all. And I can tell you with the future of E power they were thinking this thing CAN take ANYTHING you throw at it for power, anything at all.

That is my novel, yes I am biased. BUT I can say that I never lie on these forums, I do not ever try to sales pitch crap to death, but the 700 in many ways caught abit of a bad rap for speculation, in this case thats all it was speculation, I got one I took the plunge, I did not get it given to me, and I am happy and you will as well this is a fantastic machine! To date hands down this is the BEST easiest build, and best flying Logo I have built owned and flown, well done Ralph!

Here I am earlier today at a balmy 24 Degrees F

Last edited by OICU812; 11-19-2012 at 09:01 PM..
OICU812 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2012, 02:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice report Shawn. It is on my list for sure.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome review! I have one on order and I was hoping to see feedback from those who have purchased and were fortunate to get hands on one. Will make an awesome addition to the fleet.

Luis
Old 11-19-2012, 08:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Luis, you won't regret it! I agree with Shawn 100% LOVE my 700!
Logo 690SX - Stock Scorpion motor, 12s 4500 packs
sgrim80 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 09:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

very detailed report, thanks for sharing

About the weight, maybe the great 710 helps, like in JR E12, Rave ENV, the 710 can make those big guys float.

Nothing really bias, you told the true words. Mikado 100% not be a perfect heli, but one of the best out there, it is worth to have one though I need to work harder to afford it.
Old 11-19-2012, 11:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

How long on average did you keep each of these once you had them setup for testing?

Did you buy a new kit, move your parts to the new kit and then test it for a while and move the parts to the next kit?

How long did it typically take for you to size a heli up?

Are you keeping any of your other 700's because one or more offers something unique compared to the L700, or are you dumping them all now?
Old 11-19-2012, 12:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Didnt test an Aurora E by any chance? Looks like Goblin is a great alternative too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post

Also in this last few years of waiting I have owned and built and flown many other 700 sized helis out there such as the following. I do this to KNOW what others have, and if I ever found one I loved very likely I would venture there and camp there but.... I like to test and apparently like to lose money on the way lol. NOW prior to continuing to not start any harsh feelings I will not rate the ones listed below, rather just tell you what I have had and tried.

Currently also have a SAB goblin

And what out of do not own but have tried personally many times to friends owning them are.
rappyfly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 05:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I still have a Goblin actually. It's a very different helicopter reactive but to me its not a technical helicopter primarily only a smack type helicopter. Goblin also in no way IMO is ever going to be as maintenence free and able to take the power systems the xxtreme is, its visibly obvious. An Avant no but have tried them a fair bit too guess missed that on list. Avant is far too boutique and brought not much to the table with one way issues and I felt it was very sluggish overall. To note SAB has done good job of making changes to fix issues however I've spent an additional 300 into it, the Xxtreme requires ZERO additional dollars making it cheaper. All the proto typing has been done it is 100% correct in design and needs ZERO upgrades.

As far as how long I kept helis listed of other brands... Long as I needed to tune them and outfit then with comparable power systems And to collect data logs and accurate observations. I was not knowing if or when a Logo 700 would ever come out so I was truly hoping to find something I was pleased with. Not saying all were no good, however none of them fit the bill as my 700 Logo does now that is certain. Again I won't rate that list as not interested in causing an arguement amongst folks.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Wow!

Shawn is a no BS kind of guy. If I had not just bought his Diablo(before he got a L700), this might have been my next one.

I trust him implicitly, knows his stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Synergy N5C sitting in Box...
Mystic3D is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 09:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Doak, Diabolo is a fantastic machine so nothing lost! Diabolo however is a very different heli for sure.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No Regrets, it's a wasted emotion.
I like the Diablo for sure and thank you again.

There is no other 700 in your list that even piqued my interest other than L700.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Synergy N5C sitting in Box...
Mystic3D is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 10:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

You can keep that snow all to yourself Shawn !
Old 11-19-2012, 10:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicD View Post
Pls get a L700. We really want to see it run here.
rappyfly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 10:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice write up Shawn.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by rappyfly View Post
Pls get a L700. We really want to see it run here.

I am sure the Toronto guys will be trying this heli out, so we should see a few flying in the GTA area next FF season.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicD View Post

It's coming soon to a theater near you Capi!!!
Old 11-19-2012, 10:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice write-up Shawn.

I, like so many others have been waiting over 2 years to see a Logo 700. They even teased us with that Logo 700 art that made everyone think the 700 was coming. Then, over a year later, it's not a 700 but an 800.

I couldn't wait any longer so the 600SE had to suffice.

I'd like to see some in person at IRCHA next year but think the Logo 700 will be my next heli.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:34 AM   #18 (permalink)
NTM
Registered Users

I'm coming back to mikado with a logo 700 after trying out other 700's as well.
Still have a goblin, but it may get swapped out for another logo 700 if it is indeed the cats meow.
Looking forward to testing out some silly power systems, the pyro 800-48 on 14s 4400's is on deck first
You're a bad influence Shawn !
NTM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 08:04 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Good to see you back posting here NTM...actually, you were the one that helped get me into logo's after all!
Logo 690SX - Stock Scorpion motor, 12s 4500 packs
sgrim80 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 08:30 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrim80 View Post
Luis, you won't regret it! I agree with Shawn 100% LOVE my 700!
I'm sure I'll love it.

I've been following all the threads regarding the 700. Since some of you have already put the Logo 700 to the test, can you please post your VBar files?

I was surprised from Shawn's rotor gain numbers of 55-58. I can understand that the head dampening is harder, thus the lower numbers. Having a benchmark of what values worked for you will help setting up ours until Mikado improves the software tool tips to include the new 700.

Luis

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in