Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > JS TZ-V2 Frenzy

JS TZ-V2 Frenzy JS Models TZ-V2 Frenzy Helicopters Discussion

View Poll Results: Do we need a JS Model TZ-V2 frenzy thread
YES 57 78.08%
NO 7 9.59%
Heck NO! 9 12.33%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2009, 04:35 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Got to get one of these tz frenzys

I am probably going to get one of these helis. I was hoping to hear some more reports on the flying characteristics and see the setups using the 140 balls. I believe you need to buy the longer balls for the 140 setup but do you also need to get four shorter rods for the servos too? I think the 140 setup should be part of the kit but it's not much extra.
simusphere is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2009, 04:39 PM   #62 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC View Post
That video of the kid at the vegas event was sick! I guess he likes it! That should sell a couple right there. I better grab a kit or 2 before the price goes up,and I think it will.
That is a HOT video. Nice work Bob!!
Old 03-27-2009, 06:03 PM   #63 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallB View Post
And I would love to have you do a build video. Interested?
Kendall, sure I would love to! PM me and number to call you and we can discuss.
I have to get the Knight3D done next bnut that should not take too long.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2009, 12:35 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would love to see a buid video. Finless are you going to fly one of these any time soon i would like to hear your input. I really like mine I am curently building a 600N
until then I can only compare this to a Raptor 50 and so far i like it better. I still need to try it with a 440 flybar and lighter paddles but i think i need to learn nose in first haha.
Rudedog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2009, 04:42 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

I voted yes!!! Everything is great so far I have had mine for almost 2 months. Spring time is finally here I got to mow the grass last weekend Amain is the best! I received one of the first shipping kits and JS upgraded the tail drive bearing block about 3 weeks after I received mine. I purposely waited without calling Amain to see if they would send me one and sure enough I received the upgrade without asking for it!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060721.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	88667  
skew is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2009, 09:37 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by simusphere View Post
I am probably going to get one of these helis. I was hoping to hear some more reports on the flying characteristics and see the setups using the 140 balls. I believe you need to buy the longer balls for the 140 setup but do you also need to get four shorter rods for the servos too? I think the 140 setup should be part of the kit but it's not much extra.
For the 140 setup, you need to buy the longer balls. I think you would need to buy a link kit as well, but I am not sure. There were no extra links in my kit to run the 140 setup. I will probably just cut my links down if/when I switch it over to 140 ccpm.

As for flying characteristics. It tracks great in Forward and Backwards flight. The stock tail blades are plastic and pretty stiff. I ran them for around a gallon before I switched them out for KBDD Tail blades. I only did that because I like having the bright yellow tail baldes. The stocker worked great. It sits in a Hover very nicely, inverter or skids down. Leaving the head in the stock setup, the Roll and Flip rates are pretty good. They are not mind blowing but more then adequate. Change the mixing and put some new paddles on it and I am sure it will Flip and Roll with the best of them. I have not done this yet, but will be playing around with different setups probably next week. Cyclic and Collective are both very responsive. You poke it and it goes.

I hope that helps. If you have specific questions, ask away.

Mine is setup as follows:

Stock Kit sans Tail blads and Landing struts.
OS50 Hyper with CY MP5
RevMax Limiter with Spektrum backplate sensor
Hyperion DS20-FMD servos on cyclic
Solid G with Fut 9254 on the tail
Align 2 in 1 Reg with 2250 lipo
Radix 600mm Mains
KBDD 95mm Tail Blades

Here is a video I shot of it at the club. Keep in mind, I am no Ben Strorick. But you can see how if flies in the hand of a "mere human" Sorry about the lack of zooming in, The guy running camera was not used to it and had some trouble zooming in and keeping it focused.

Old 03-28-2009, 02:27 PM   #67 (permalink)

My HF Map location

For now a sub forum under other makes and models, but if traffic warrants a move to full forum then we will do it no problem.

https://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146
Old 03-28-2009, 03:08 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
Kendall, sure I would love to! PM me and number to call you and we can discuss.
I have to get the Knight3D done next bnut that should not take too long.

Bob
Bob, I think you were in touch with Dan about it. I am all for it, so let's get it going. I am actually heading to Vegas again this week for a major race (Silver State), but if you get me a list of the items you would like to test with the heli, we can put an order together for you this coming week.
KendallB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2009, 03:10 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparx- View Post
Leaving the head in the stock setup, the Roll and Flip rates are pretty good. They are not mind blowing but more then adequate. Change the mixing and put some new paddles on it and I am sure it will Flip and Roll with the best of them.
Our helis came alive when we put Curtis paddles on there, along with Stick Banger blades. We were able to then reduce the cyclic rate to still give fast flips and rolls, but the head would not load at all. That is the setup that Ben was flying (although I think they cranked in 8 degrees of cyclic at the fun fly).

I have heard Dan mention something about changing the mixing setup. I have not done this yet on my bird. What would we change to increase the cyclic rates?
Old 03-28-2009, 03:11 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Although I personally prefer to fly with the regular Curtis blades, not the Stick Bangers, as the regular blades auto better for me. I know Ben doesn't have any trouble with the stick bangers, but I bleed off too much energy too quickly with the stick bangers
Old 03-28-2009, 03:44 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallB View Post
Our helis came alive when we put Curtis paddles on there, along with Stick Banger blades. We were able to then reduce the cyclic rate to still give fast flips and rolls, but the head would not load at all. That is the setup that Ben was flying (although I think they cranked in 8 degrees of cyclic at the fun fly).

I have heard Dan mention something about changing the mixing setup. I have not done this yet on my bird. What would we change to increase the cyclic rates?
Ken,

Changing the mixing ratios would allow you to get more Cyclic Pitch without binding. I have not done this yet. I am going to try other options first though as this will also give you a larger collective pitch range and to keep the pitch range "in check" you will have to turn your swash mix down. This will give you less resolution in your collective pitch range.

Dan told me the same thing when we were talking about the review kit he was sending me. I am pretty sure a simple Paddle change is all that is really needed to "wake" it up a bit. The Stock paddles are quite large and heavy. Also, a longer flybar would probably help as well.

I am heading to a FunFly in Austin next week and plan on changing things around a bit to see how it changes the cyclic. I do not think it is slow stock, but I can see where others would want it to be faster. I really think that just a longer flybar and lighter paddles will make a big difference. Chris has some KBDD Paddles that I am going to try on it and I am sure i can pick up a 440mm flybar while I am there to try as well.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:48 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Some different paddles and the 440 flybar is all you really need to wake this heli up! We like any of the CF paddles.
Outrage 550..........Outrage G5........Phazor 600
In memory of: James Archer
wren1702 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2009, 04:04 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

That is pretty much what I was thinking as well Allen. I am sure with those two changes I will be running for the Dual Rate settings in my Radio . I haven't used any CF paddles on any of my helis as of yet. I will certainly let everyone know how those KBDD paddles work out.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:28 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

For now i will stick with the stock setup since i am still a noob. i am going to practice nose in i just have to remember hight is my freind haha
Rudedog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2009, 08:31 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up

I think this new thread is a great thing on Helifreak. I love my Frenzy. And i did vote YES
Blademan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2009, 10:37 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudedog View Post
For now i will stick with the stock setup since i am still a noob. i am going to practice nose in i just have to remember hight is my freind haha
I am pretty sure you will be more then happy with the Frenzy in it's stock form for quite some time. It flies great out of the box.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:28 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well I went ahead and spent my Toledo money and ordered one this morning. Since it is a ccpm machine can the S3152 servos that came with my 7C work well enough in the beginning while I'm learning to set it up and fly.
dropnhook is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2009, 12:00 PM   #78 (permalink)
BC
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Kendall, congrats on getting Ben Storick flying for ya. Would be great to get him on here with a few comments or tips. Some more video of his flying is welcome to my eyes too. Seems like a nice guy....always a plus.
BC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2009, 12:39 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropnhook View Post
Well I went ahead and spent my Toledo money and ordered one this morning. Since it is a ccpm machine can the S3152 servos that came with my 7C work well enough in the beginning while I'm learning to set it up and fly.
Your 3152s should do just fine. From looking at the specs, I doubt you would be wanting to replace them anytime soon.

I am sure you will enjoy it. It goes together very easy. If you have any questions, start a thread and we can help you.

What else are you planning on putting in it? Engine, Gyro, Tail servos. BTW, there are also some decent 600mm wood blades about you can buy as well if you are still in the Hovering and Forward Flight stages. No need to put a $100 set of Carbon Blades on if you are still learning.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:15 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparx- View Post
Your 3152s should do just fine. From looking at the specs, I doubt you would be wanting to replace them anytime soon.

I am sure you will enjoy it. It goes together very easy. If you have any questions, start a thread and we can help you.

What else are you planning on putting in it? Engine, Gyro, Tail servos. BTW, there are also some decent 600mm wood blades about you can buy as well if you are still in the Hovering and Forward Flight stages. No need to put a $100 set of Carbon Blades on if you are still learning.
I plan on using a new TT53 the $50.00 I save over the O.S I can put towards a descent pipe,gyro I'm going with a GY401/9254 combo,wood blades or maybe fiberglass ones,no govenor

I will probably post a lot of questions as I assemble it the instructions are minimal at best.When I"m ready for the maiden I will seek out some help for that.
dropnhook is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
amain, frenzy, js models, tz-v2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in