Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2010, 10:50 PM   #181 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverexpress01 View Post
Hey mediclavina, did you get to try out the self leveling yet on your Gaui? What do you think?
No, I haven't tried it yet. I still don't like a self-leveling that flips the heli around when I activate it while the heli is closer to upside down. I don't like my GAUI to act like a coaxial neither. I already got a Blade MSR to do that kind of job.

Anyways, I'm happy how the SK720 makes the GAUI 200 as stable as my Bergen Gasser. It helps speed up my learning.
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2010, 10:58 PM   #182 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0t0R View Post
The GPS add-on isn't available yet. It is something that Skookum is working on for a future release and the SK720 will be capable of.

I haven't tried it yet, but the firmware update literature says that most rpm sensors will work. I plan on putting a Y servo connector on my rpm sensor so the governor will still get a signal while also feeding the SK720 for flight logging. I will post how I did it when I get it up and working. Hopefully this is the first step in incorporating a governor function to the SK720.
You seem to be the guy to ask: I don't get the "bank" thing in the manual?! No idea what it does and if I need it?! I was also wondering if and how I can setup a "bail-out" switch?! I was also wondering what the percentage value means for S/L? In other words; what would the percentage be if I want to be flying, as long I am on the sticks and as I let go, the sk720 takes over?

I don't expect you to write everything out for me but maybe you can stir me into the right direction?! I did look on here before but no success!

thanks,
G
neavissa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2010, 11:22 PM   #183 (permalink)
Registered Users

Look over this thread, https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=219734 and see if it answers some of your questions about banks. It allows you to set up 2 different sets of cyclic and tail parameters, select between them from your transmitter and make gain adjustments from your transmitter also. In your case, you would set one cyclic bank up for normal flight and the other for self-leveling if you want to have that selected by a switch. I am not a beta tester, so have not tried S/L yet. It's not something I plan on using for myself, but I do a lot of setups for other people and will be activating it for at least one guy on a Trex500, so will be able to tell you more about it later when I have a good grasp on it. (Just downloaded the firmware update today.)

Until I get some experience with it, I can't help you on what percentage to try. I'm sure it will vary with the heli it is in, how quickly you want it to try and level and personal preference.

I can help you on setting up different banks and activating self-leveling on one, but read the mentioned post and see if that helps a little first. More than happy to help, if you have more questions after reading that post. Always best to PM me questions as I haven't been logged on as much lately.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:35 PM   #184 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0t0R View Post
Look over this thread, https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=219734 and see if it answers some of your questions about banks. It allows you to set up 2 different sets of cyclic and tail parameters, select between them from your transmitter and make gain adjustments from your transmitter also. In your case, you would set one cyclic bank up for normal flight and the other for self-leveling if you want to have that selected by a switch. I am not a beta tester, so have not tried S/L yet. It's not something I plan on using for myself, but I do a lot of setups for other people and will be activating it for at least one guy on a Trex500, so will be able to tell you more about it later when I have a good grasp on it. (Just downloaded the firmware update today.)

Until I get some experience with it, I can't help you on what percentage to try. I'm sure it will vary with the heli it is in, how quickly you want it to try and level and personal preference.

I can help you on setting up different banks and activating self-leveling on one, but read the mentioned post and see if that helps a little first. More than happy to help, if you have more questions after reading that post. Always best to PM me questions as I haven't been logged on as much lately.
Thanks! Gonna check out the link in the am!

appreciate it,
Georgios
Old 06-23-2010, 02:26 AM   #185 (permalink)
Registered Users

The S/L percent is how hard it pulls back to level against stick inputs. Even at 100% you can still drive the heli around but it takes a lot of stick input to do it. When it levels, it won't go faster then the elev or ail rates. Crank them up to make it recover faster. I like 80% with rates at 360. I use a switch directly over my right hand so I can keep on the collective.
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2010, 09:21 AM   #186 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can say the eagle tree BL sensor works very well with the sk720. Only one I have tried !
blade strike is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2010, 09:40 AM   #187 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheSnap View Post
The S/L percent is how hard it pulls back to level against stick inputs. Even at 100% you can still drive the heli around but it takes a lot of stick input to do it. When it levels, it won't go faster then the elev or ail rates. Crank them up to make it recover faster. I like 80% with rates at 360. I use a switch directly over my right hand so I can keep on the collective.
I think I am getting there! Lets say I set the percentage to 100%, I really have to "fight" the sk720 in order to fly the heli because the unit wants to keep everything the way it is, Right?! Does that mean, that if I set the percentage to 0%, the sk720 will level the heli only if I am NOT on the sticks and as soon I even touch them the slightest bit, I am in control again?!

I am also not sure what gains you mean?! Under what tab are they and what are they called exactly? (sorry, n00b)

thanks,
G
Old 06-23-2010, 09:47 AM   #188 (permalink)
Registered Users

Information no longer pertinent so I removed it

Last edited by Silverexpress01; 08-10-2010 at 12:35 AM..
Silverexpress01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2010, 09:48 AM   #189 (permalink)
Registered Users

Information no longer pertinent so I removed it

Last edited by Silverexpress01; 08-10-2010 at 12:35 AM..
Silverexpress01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in