Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2015, 09:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Intermittent Power Loss

Very slow progress with the whole collective pitch experience. Just started with this sport in December and followed what appears to be a common path – coax to micro CPs in the Blade family. Worked, and continue to work on sim [Phoenix]. Wrecked both a Nano CPX and a MCPX BL first time I flew them. Took quit awhile to get parts here in the Great North. This is dog sled country.

The Nano has been a huge challenge. Finally got it to hover yesterday without the TBE experience after loosening the spindle per good advice on this forum. It was great to realize I could actually hover this little bugger. Today I came with charged batteries looking forward to finally getting to fly the bird. Wrong. The bird bound fine, but main motor power would cut out after about 20 seconds. The blue light blinked like low power, but the bird remained bound and all servos responded – just no power to the main motor. I fiddled with it and tried 7 batteries, all of which were charged. Same thing. The bird binds, the blue light is solid, it flies just fine for about 20 seconds, the blue light blinks, it loses power and lands, but the otherwise remains bound and responsive to servo input. When fiddling with the throttle the motor will occasionally engage, the light will go solid, but within seconds it shuts down and the light wickedly blinks at me in scorn.

Although I have crashed this bird in the past, nothing happened between yesterday when I adjusted the spindle and it flew fine and today. Causation and correlation are tricky things, and I don’t think I need to know exactly what caused the problem necessarily, just how to fix it.

It is discouraging to say the least that this heli never seems to have all its parts flying in formation at the same time. It doesn’t necessarily seem to be the motor since it works on startup and intermittently. It doesn’t seem to be the board for the same reason and also because all other functions work. Any suggestions on how to fix this loss of power issue?

Thanks. Mike
IcySwan1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2015, 10:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

What your describing sounds like a main motor failing. Very much like how mine went, and others I've seen on here. The NCPX is a challenge to learn to fly. Takes a lot of beatings, but does break. And the main motor doesn't last real long. Given your shipping times, I'd say get at least 2 when you order.
cdaivs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2015, 01:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Main motor Almost For sure. Always have a spare on hand to.test such things.

These motors are sh#te. Otherwise I love my nano and its helped me a tonne learning inverted.
nickyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2015, 02:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Shot in the dark here, but are you flying outside only, and how cold is it in your flying environment. The batteries don't do well in cold weather from what I've read. Also how many flights do you have on your nano? Have you tried flying the nano inside where its warm to see if it still does this? Unless your already inside then my thinking here wont matter.

It could be the main motor like these guys are saying. When i bought my nano, I picked up 3 spare main motors just in case. Last i checked HH was out of the main motors, but I got them from this Amazon store here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Like they said, pick up at least two if you can. The place I ordered these from (HopMeUp's store) shipped quickly, No telling how long it would take to get to you tho unfortunately. I'm sure your can find your way around Amazon, but just in case, if you click the link below the price that says "7 new from $11.99" you can find the HopMeUp store, or any store that may be ship from closer to you. But I had good experiences with HopMeUp.
Vodarac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2015, 04:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks, folks. It sounds like it must be the motor. I just recharged all batteries to make sure they were at full power, and the response we exactly the same as originally noted. o will find a place that has the motors in stock and buy several.

I am flying inside. Snow won't be gone until May.

Mike
Old 03-05-2015, 02:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd get the Blade BL main motor upgrade kit instead. Makes the bird more stable as well. However, you'll need different batteries though.
DX9, DX6i, Blade Nano CP X, ZYX "Blade" 130X, Blade 180 CFX, Blade 230S, Blade 300X, Blade 450 3D (about 2 b FBL; have the parts, not the time), Blade 180QX, Blade 230S V2, Convergence, Mini Convergence.
Neunerball is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2015, 07:07 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neunerball View Post
I'd get the Blade BL main motor upgrade kit instead. Makes the bird more stable as well. However, you'll need different batteries though.
Neunerball would you have a part number for that kit? Also what batts would it use? Thanks
twoslick2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2015, 11:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds almost identical to an issue I had. Checked everything I could. It ended up being the 3-in-1 board in my case.
Alphy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2015, 11:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I did replace the motor with a stock one. Same problem. I think it must be the board. At this point is cheaper to just buy a new Nano than buy the expensive board. Thanks for all the input, folks.
Old 03-28-2015, 01:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

send the dud board to Mega's Micros and hopefully he can fix it then you will have a spare 3 in 1.
HeliLuddite is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in