Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Warp 360

Warp 360 Compass Warp 360 Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2014, 06:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Whos running governor on the 360?

Finally got some weather above 30 degrees here in Chicago and had a chance to test out my warp 360. This heli is super quiet! I acquired this heli in a trade for my Dominator 450. Intitial thoughts are much more of a presence in the air. Not so much of a smack the sticks around crazy power like the Dominator, but a bit smoother and flies like a bigger heli.

So Ive set up endpoints on my CC Phoenix 50 and will need to program governor mode. What heads speeds are you guys running? I have the stock motor so I believe its a 8 pole count if im correct? Also main gear is 135T and stock pinion is..... Well any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Troy
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2014, 07:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

My HF Map location

16T stock pinion.

I'm running 18T with the stock motor, 2700, 2900, and 3100 Set RPM Gov.

Timing Low, Pwm 8, Gain 20. It holds decently.

With the 16T, you might be able to squeeze out 3,000 RPM with the Castle Gov, but if I recall you will be in the red. Depending upon your flying style this may or may not pose a problem.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Whos running governor on the 360?

I'm running on the Skookum governor with the 17 tooth pinion. 2400,2800,3200rpm.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Last edited by Tachead; 03-10-2014 at 04:33 AM..
Tachead is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2014, 07:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the info Bob O. Did you set the gear ratio or use pinion and main gear count when putting in your info? I think I read somewhere in the forums that gear ration is 8.43? Also can someone please verify the main gear count is 135T? Regarding 3000 hs I was just putting in some numbers and if I went over 3000 I would get the red warning that my HS was too high.

Troy
Old 03-09-2014, 07:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Whos running governor on the 360?

Yes, the main gear is 135 tooth. I would recommend putting a 17 or 18 tooth pinion on for running at higher rpm governed. Get yourself Mr Mels head speed app to figure out what pinion to run for your desired head speed too. It's a great app. There is also a website tool if you don't do apps.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Tachead is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2014, 07:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Troy,

I always put the main gear and pinion count in there and let it figure out the gear ratio. But yes, it is 8.43:1 for stock motor and pinion.

I can't remember exactly my startup power, spool up speed, and head speed change rate settings. But the best I can recall is I'm about 80% on startup power, spool up speed is a custom value below medium but above low, and head speed change rate is below fast but above medium, as I have auto rotate enabled.

Old 03-09-2014, 08:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great guys. Thanks for your help. I will start messing around with some different headspeeds/settings. Flew about 5 packs today. Still getting the feel for the warp but Im liking it a lot so far. At the moment im running a Castle Phoenix 50 amp at 6V with no external BEC. The previous owner never had any issues with the internal BEC but I am thinking to be on a safe side I might throw one on. Looking at the Gryphon Polaris for some added security. However I was pushing it a bit on the last 2 packs and everything was smooth and felt both the cyclics and tail servo after I landed (mks 92a's cyclic and KST ds215mg tail) and both were cool to the touch and performed well.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

The castle ESC is a bit like using a crappy version of gov store on YGE, YGE actually works out the voltage available then it will try and hold the set RPM no matter what the pack or charge level(start voltage)

Castle assume your pack is 3.7v this is a load of shit the pack will never get that low. What a lot of people have been doing is changing the pack voltage in the software to 3.875v per cell so for 6s the wizard pre sets the voltage to 22.2v you need to change this to 23.25v then use a lower governor gain start with something like 6.

You will get better results and more headspeed without having to change pinion. The stock pinion can run some very high headspeeds using a YGE esc in gov mode (not gov stor) so there is no reason why the Castle esc cant work the same.
waxman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2014, 09:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Waxman,

Can you clarify a little more? I am looking for higher head speeds out of my castle governor and stock pinion.

All I need to do is change the pack voltage to 23.25?
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things"
Swedishe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2014, 02:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep that is it no need to re gear.

There is a thread on archeli about this.
http://www.archeli.com.au/forums/sho...d.php?t=164328
waxman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2014, 12:27 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Interesting work around Waxman. Ill take a look into it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in