Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 06:24 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default need advice: Nano won't bind anymore

Thanks guys. Will do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2013, 12:59 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: need advice: Nano won't bind anymore

Marking thread.

Harm
Harmwalker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 06:28 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have joined this club as well. Nano won't bind most of the time, but when it does, after a little while the blue LED goes out and I'm back to square one with a board that won't bind. I've re-flowed all the solder joints on the Rx chip, but it's still the same.

I've written a PM to Coredump asking for some advise as to what to try next, waiting for a reply, but I PM'd him a few days ago, so maybe he's out of town or just real busy.

Fingers crossed!!
Old 02-13-2013, 08:29 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I am in this club now too. I see definite cracking of the coating over the chip, I just don't know if I can remove that and resolder the chip successfully. I guess I have nothing to lose by trying.

My thinking is that with well over 200 flights on this little guy, to spend $65 on a new board. Then what's next, new motor (of course), new servo, tail etc etc. Pretty soon it is near the cost of a new one. And even if the board is all that is needed, it is $65 in to an old worn out machine, instead of $130 for a brand new fresh one. Looking like it might be worth buying a new one and having a parts donor.
jlharv is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 08:35 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Horizon suggested to try to bind it without the motor. Haven't got the time yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 02-14-2013, 03:55 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlharv View Post
And even if the board is all that is needed, it is $65 in to an old worn out machine, instead of $130 for a brand new fresh one. Looking like it might be worth buying a new one and having a parts donor.
Johns this is exactly what I thought when my 1st board went south. And I did buy a second new nCPx and did not regret it.
I used many of the 1st one's parts as spares already - overall I am already break even when I count the spares I have used so far and there's many more left.

I'd say: get yourself a new nano!
Old 02-14-2013, 07:02 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I am going to try to re-flow tomorrow (I have the day off), and if I don't have success I will head to the LHS and pick up a new one.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:27 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: need advice: Nano won't bind anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlharv View Post
I am going to try to re-flow tomorrow (I have the day off), and if I don't have success I will head to the LHS and pick up a new one.
Let us know how the reflow goes. I have the same issue. I've had the nano for 3 days before a bad crash took out the board. HH is sending me a new one, but I would like to know how to repair the bad one so I can have a spare.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
Mmirg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2013, 01:52 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

What is a reflow?
Old 02-14-2013, 02:24 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delfin View Post
What is a reflow?
Re-soldering connections on the circuit board, without adding any additional solder. Just hit it with a soldering iron until it melts, to reconnect a broken solder joint.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:11 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks
Old 02-15-2013, 10:40 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well, I tried to reflow. First task was to remove the coating. That did not go so well. Tried to heat it up with my heat gun and then scrape off the coating. Tried a tooth pick but that just kind of made a little line through it. Then I tried to scrub it off while it was hot with a toothbrush. BIG mistake, it melted the plastic bristles of the toothbrush to the top of the chip. Tried a little while longer and the mess kept getting worse. So thinking maybe I got it hot enough to reflow the solder and got lucky, plugged in a battery and it does the same fast blink as before. Even if I press on the chip while trying to bind.

Conclusion: Leave this job to some one that knows what they are doing.

I am on my way to pick up a new one.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:50 AM   #53 (permalink)

Just making sure you saw MegaMicro's video on how to remove the conformal coating.

He makes it look easy. Seems like you have all the tools.

[ame]http://youtu.be/oopzR5rFqAQ[/ame]
Daryoon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2013, 02:29 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I had not seen that. I was trying to get it hot enough to liquefy the coating. I may go back and try again, but I think I may have damaged the board by getting it too hot. I already got my new nano so I will be ready for our fly night tomorrow. So the pressure to fix it is off for now.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:05 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got the same problems like everyone here. And all the problems people mentioned. What a disappointment.

So I first got a new board and same thing, it still didn't want to rebind. Then I went out and bought a whole new one. Same thing, it didn't want to rebind. I thought this is crazy what could it be? What's the common denominator here? I didn't even fly the new one. So I got the idea to reset my radio. I erased the model completely and reprogrammed a new one. Guess what happened? IT WORKED all of a sudden. I didn't try it with first Nano but I will once I get swash plate changed. So I reccomend this to everyone that has the binding issues. It might fix it. Please post results.
rcgood is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2013, 04:49 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

glad to hear you could fix your problem with that.
I tried that as well of course, but it did not fix it for me. But you're right, it's definitely worth trying.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:52 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Just making sure you saw MegaMicro's video on how to remove the conformal coating.

He makes it look easy. Seems like you have all the tools.

http://youtu.be/oopzR5rFqAQ
Great, thanks for the link!
Explains many things better than words can do...
Old 02-28-2013, 02:28 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgood View Post
I got the same problems like everyone here. And all the problems people mentioned. What a disappointment.

So I first got a new board and same thing, it still didn't want to rebind. Then I went out and bought a whole new one. Same thing, it didn't want to rebind. I thought this is crazy what could it be? What's the common denominator here? I didn't even fly the new one. So I got the idea to reset my radio. I erased the model completely and reprogrammed a new one. Guess what happened? IT WORKED all of a sudden. I didn't try it with first Nano but I will once I get swash plate changed. So I reccomend this to everyone that has the binding issues. It might fix it. Please post results.
Thanks for the info. Last thing to try,and it worked!!! WOOHooo!!!!
Old 03-01-2013, 04:12 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

In the end, it quit working again. Just ordered a new 3 in 1 and some skids. Guess I'll fly it again in a week or so.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:35 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm having the same problem, had a rough landing and now my Nano won't bind. With the canopy off, if I press on the radio chip it will bind temporarily, but then lose signal shortly after I take my finger off. I was hoping one of the posters from Germany could help me find someone here who can do the same type of fix that Megamicro does in the US. I don't want my first soldering job to be those tiny tiny pins, not brave enough.

Really want to get this bird in the air, just bought a programmable radio and it's sooooo much more fun.
MikeWK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in