Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450

Blade 450 Blade 450 Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 08:04 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tridle View Post
Invest in a good heli simulator. It will pay you back at least two fold in saved parts expenses. That's to say nothing of the heartache of each crash that could have been avoided if you'd used sim, first. Simulators would eliminate the crashes, but they sure reduce them dramatically. I've heard of very few pilots who get disallusioned over the heli sport if they first used a sim.
I've been practicing with a couple of simulators. Years ago it helped me tremendously as I was learning airplanes but helicopters is a whole new ball of wax. You can't get up in the air and just forget about that rudder stick. What concerns me though, is how complicated it can be setting up the radio and if I purchase a BNF I'll have to figure that out . . . if I can.
fueg0 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2012, 08:51 AM   #42 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Reminder to self to add this to the bible..

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=368517
Thalios is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2012, 09:11 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are there any Blade 450 owners out there who are using a Futaba radio/Spektrum module with this heli? I'd just like to know if this is doable. I use this radio with the little msr but that's another animal.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:24 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fueg0 View Post
Are there any Blade 450 owners out there who are using a Futaba radio/Spektrum module with this heli? I'd just like to know if this is doable. I use this radio with the little msr but that's another animal.
Well, I'll answer myself here. After a verrrry long wait on line, I finally managed to speak with someone at HH support and he told me right up front that they didn't provide any help for setting up a Futaba radio and that I'd be on my own. Just in case any other Futaba users are wondering. He basically let me know that it wasn't a good idea.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:08 PM   #45 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I really don't see why you can't use a Futaba. They are great radios. Just set your channels to whatever output matches your receiver and you'll be set!
Old 02-24-2012, 08:53 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalios View Post
I really don't see why you can't use a Futaba. They are great radios. Just set your channels to whatever output matches your receiver and you'll be set!
If we were talking airplanes that would probably be okay but there are a great deal of other settings and mixes involved with helicopters and I guess that could lead to trouble. But, my guess is, they probably don't want to list program settings for other radios such as Futaba because they're competition.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:51 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is there a specific reason that a wheel is used on the tail rotor servo and not a standard arm? It seems that when the servo travels to the front, the link end rubs on the wheel a bit. I dont think this could be an issue, but not sure. Thanks

Travis
*tc1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2012, 02:26 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by *tc1 View Post
Is there a specific reason that a wheel is used on the tail rotor servo and not a standard arm? It seems that when the servo travels to the front, the link end rubs on the wheel a bit. I dont think this could be an issue, but not sure. Thanks

Travis
I, too, would love to hear opinions on this. Or a blade product manager, maybe...

--Jason
Jasong911 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #49 (permalink)

My HF Map location

The wheel is more solid. That's the only reason I can see why they used that.

On all my other helis, I use single arms instead. Maybe the plastic on that particular arm is too weak and would flex too much.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:11 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

On all your other helis, is the servo mounted square to the boom or at some odd angle?

--Jason
Old 03-12-2012, 09:43 PM   #51 (permalink)

My HF Map location

square to the boom.

By the way, all my other helis actually translates to a Prôtos 500, a B450 3D, and a T-Rex 500 from a friend which I setup... The "all" is a bit over stating it!..
Old 03-12-2012, 10:16 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll add my Gaui 425 to that list as well as the x5 and x7. I'm just trying to figure out if there was a reason for Blade to engineer the mount at this odd angle. Seems that it would be relatively easy to form the mount so that you have a straight shot for either a wheel or an arm.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:39 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

I kinda thought that about the strength of the wheel vs just the single plastic arm, just wasn t sure why they would put it on there where the link rubs the wheel. Oh well, just picked up the aluminum arms from the lhs so I dont have to wonder anymore!

Travis
*tc1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2012, 12:53 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thalios, check your PM.
Being is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2012, 12:08 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very helpful stuff here. Great site!

Last edited by jster171; 04-15-2012 at 10:37 AM..
jster171 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2012, 02:19 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did the maiden flight of my B450-2 flights and 2 good landings. Today I'm taking apart and putting back together and checking and found this PDF from Thalios on the blade grip assembly:

http://blade450bible.com/downloads/B...ipassembly.pdf

I noticed the photo above looked different than mine. I have a flat washer where the photo above shows part BLH1621, washer, with extrusion.

So, I checked the blade web site and it looks like a flat washer like the one on my bird:

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...3d-rtf-BLH1600

So, I found another photo by Thalios and it looks like what I have without the extrusion:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...22#post3271722

I'm new to the B450. First flight yesterday. First dis assembly this morning. Yes, I'm aware I did that backwards-check and inspect BEFORE flying.

So my noob question, how concerned do I need to be about finding a washer with extrusion as shown in the Thalios diagram? And where do I find it?

thank you.
megawhacker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2012, 03:40 PM   #57 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Sadly buddy, you need that extruded washer as if not, it would put the force on the wrong part which might result in binding or premature wearing of parts like bearings etc.

If you're talking about the 450X, that's a different head i've not seen yet so I cannot comment yet sadly..
Old 05-16-2012, 08:55 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalios View Post
Sadly buddy, you need that extruded washer as if not, it would put the force on the wrong part which might result in binding or premature wearing of parts like bearings etc.

If you're talking about the 450X, that's a different head i've not seen yet so I cannot comment yet sadly..
Nope, talking about the B450. This is the B450 bible.

I am confused because your diagram is the only reference I've seen for the extruded washer you listed as part number BLH1621 (feathering shaft part number)

When I go to order part number BLH1621 it appears to have the same type of flat washer that came with my used B450. When I look at the photo on the bottom of page one where you show the assembly order it also looks like you are using a flat washer on your own B450.

My LHS has very few B450 parts and the feathering shaft is not one of them so i cannot look there.

Has anyone ordered blade part number BLH1621 and gotten an extruded washer included? (Actually two-one for each side) Is the extruded washer a non-blade part? A user modification? If so, why the blade part number in the diagram?

Obviously I'm confused. I will probably need to internet order the part. I want to order the correct part to get the extruded washer. I'm concerned that if I just order the part number you assigned to the extruded washer (BLH1621) I'll get a package that contains more of the flat washers i already have and no extruded washer.

thank you.
megawhacker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2012, 09:35 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Same question here. This is what is included with the spindle set http://www.rcplanet.com/Blade_B450_S..._p/blh1621.htm
TrEsPaSS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2012, 09:52 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

You could always order the entire hardware kit - I'm pretty sure it's in there - but I can't check my kit for you until Sat afternoon.

http://www.hopmeup.com/Items/blh1673...de%20450%20New

Tags
blade 450, blade 450 rebuild, blade 450 repair, blade 450 setup

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in