Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Hitec Radios > Hitec Gyro/Servos

Hitec Gyro/Servos Hitec Gyro and Servo Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2009, 09:09 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have one on order waiting for them to be in stock again so I can get mine. Cant wait im doing pretty good now with a hs-81 this is gonna be a huge stepup
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2009, 11:41 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Oh yeah for sure man
Trex 600N OS55HZ-R Funtech Pipe Edge Blades Edge Tails Edge Paddles BLS 451 cyclics BLS 251 tail Gy701 gyrogov JR DS9411 Throttle Spectrum AR8000 Arizona Fromeco Switchglow Pro FlightPower EonX Lite 2500
Trex 450,Thanks Marv!
Nutsinboltz27 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2009, 02:53 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You really think you can tell the difference of 11.5 vs 12 degrees of pitch at 2800? I kinda doubt it... 12 degrees at any HS is really just fine. Where you could dial back pitch is when you're running +3200 and trying to lower your peak amp draw or trying to make it a lot less touchy... which kinda defeats the purpose of running such a high HS but I digress.
X9303
HELINHAWAII is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2009, 11:47 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey you could be right, but my comment on that was based on experience with this heli, those same headspeeds and pitch ranges.
Trex 600N OS55HZ-R Funtech Pipe Edge Blades Edge Tails Edge Paddles BLS 451 cyclics BLS 251 tail Gy701 gyrogov JR DS9411 Throttle Spectrum AR8000 Arizona Fromeco Switchglow Pro FlightPower EonX Lite 2500
Trex 450,Thanks Marv!
Old 03-22-2009, 02:48 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I too have had plenty of my own experiences with 450's... three of em. I just got rid of mine about a year ago. Not trying to be a d**k here but 11.5 is no different than 12 degrees really. Matter of fact, the last time I actually pulled out a pitch gauge was when I first setup my vbar. Eventually, you'll get to the point where you won't need one. Just fly and tune as needed. If it bogs too much when climbing, decrease the pitch travel. Likewise when setting up cyclic. Half a degree makes a miniscule of difference. If you can tell, you're a better guru than I!
X9303
Old 03-22-2009, 03:18 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Its cool man. You probably have alot more experience than me and definitely more helis. But I am to the point where I can set up without a pitch guage and with a good set of carbons not have to adjust the tracking a bit. I just use the guage to check max travels. Either way, my setup skills are probably much better than my flying skills. But that half of a degree was the difference between being able to do tick tocks and not being able to do them. I was just bogging the head too much at that pitch, then again my collective management has gotten much better and so have my tick tocks in turn. Anyway, the only reason why I even made the comment about this in the first place was because one of the posters pmed me for some help on a tail kick issue so im trying to help the guy out, when I was at the point where I needed help in that area, my collective management was crap and a little tweaking here and there really helped me out. I have had too many setups and setup changes to list. I do agree that when using proper management it wont matter, but when maxing out the collective there is a difference. No offence to the person who asked me for help. Helinhawaii, you have been on here ever since I have been getting on here and probably longer than that, I am in no way trying do downplay your knowledge or experience, only trying to explain my thoughts and experience on this matter. I do agree with you but I also dissagree with you. Anyway and stuff.
Trex 450,Thanks Marv!
Old 03-22-2009, 10:58 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nutsinboltz27 and Helinhawaii,
OK guys.. Sorry for getting u guys into this while helping me out... Somehow we hv our own experience and belief, it might be different from one and another...Cheer up guys!

Today I've lost another blade and main shaft due to the tail not holding well during negative collective punch. I have increased the gyro gain to 70% (before it was 40%) 70% seems to be good, holds better and better, but the problem is still there. I have to punch gradually slow in order to make it hold. How much gain can i increase? Until it wags and back a bit? Or am i missing something when setting up the tail, eg gyro, belting, Tx?
Old 03-22-2009, 11:40 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheguazam View Post
OK guys.. Sorry for getting u guys into this while helping me out... Somehow we hv our own experience and belief, it might be different from one and another...Cheer up guys!
No hard feelings here. It takes a lot more than that to get me mad!

You'll find that you can indeed run your gain up until it wags then back it down a few %. When you get to that point, fly it in FFF and make some hard, banking turns. If the tail is a little unsettled(you'll here it), back it down some more a couple %. Check you tail servo after a hard flight, if it's hot, bring it down some more. Warm is ok but hot is not and your servo is working too hard.
X9303
Old 03-22-2009, 12:01 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

It's good to hear that, I'll try that. BTW what is the highest gain you've seen on a gyro?
Old 03-22-2009, 12:17 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have the 5083 MG combo on a mars...rock solid. I has a few set-up issues but it was just me and not the servo. My gain is at 73 and the servo is set on the slowest rotational speed and it is still quite fast.
sepoinak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2009, 01:03 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheguazam View Post
It's good to hear that, I'll try that. BTW what is the highest gain you've seen on a gyro?
I've run 125%(max ATV) on a 401/9254 combo on my Trex500. On the other hand, a GY611/S9256 combo on my 700 could only go to 42% without wagging It all just depends on your servo/gyro/heli. Some pros recommend dialing up your delay to run a higher gain. I have found that it does help... sometimes....
X9303
Old 04-25-2009, 09:48 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anybody have a problem where the hsg 5084 mg gets so hot where the servo becomes sluggish, I'm having that problem now. I posted it in this thread...

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=135012
HexHead is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2009, 11:40 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are you guys running the HSG 5084 MG on DS mode on the 401 ?

Cheers
John
T-Rex 500 GF
T-Rex 600E GF
JohnAu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2009, 10:46 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yup!
X9303
Old 05-14-2009, 11:18 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ds mode with 401?

I got a response from hitec saying it is compatible with ds mode.
xatled99 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2009, 01:49 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HexHead View Post
Anybody have a problem where the hsg 5084 mg gets so hot where the servo becomes sluggish, I'm having that problem now. I posted it in this thread...

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=135012
Sounds like binding or gain too high.
AMA#47402, IRCHA # 3395
Blade CP "Pro", Trex 450SE, PiccoZ, Quick of Japan EP8v2 EX, Hurricane 550, Hurricane 200, JR Vibe 50, Blade mCX, Bergen Intrepid Gasser, Pantera 50, Blade mSR, Novus CP
Pinecone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in