Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Kontronik Drives

Kontronik Drives Jazz and Jive ESC's and other Kontronik equipment support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2014, 10:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default helijive blinks 5 times when battery plugged in

this is a used helijive and yesterday i set it up for the first time, mode 1 then mode 4
then using progdisk turned on autorotate and set the autorotate throttle percentage

i was working with a 6S battery - never ran the motor. just made sure it armed.

then i switched to a 10S battery, and it armed fine,

that was the last thing i did last night.

this morning when plugging it in i get 5 blinks

the text in the manual says

LED blinking 5 times = different motor connections. check the motor connections

"different motor connections"??? what does THAT mean... check the motor connections because they are DIFFERENT???

advice please
Logo 480 XXtreme, Logo 550SX, Logo 690SX, Logo 800 XXtreme, TDR, Minicopter Diabolo 550, Minicopter Triabolo, Goblin 500, Goblin 700, Goblin 770, KDS Agile 5.5, Voodoo 600, Voodoo 400, HD Cell 500, Thunder Tiger E700
taosgraveyard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2014, 10:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Are your connectors soldered correct and all wires are OK?
If so I would reprogram the Jive (mode 1 first followed by 4 if thats your preferred setup).
Also check if the motor is OK. Worse case you may have to contact service.
im4711 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2014, 10:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

the error says "different" not "faulty"

if the connectors are bad they would have been bad yesterday. it armed fine every time i trie it

and there is a code (4 blinks ) for defective motor wire that says check the connectors.

and its definitely strange

but to answer your question my connectors are good, solder connections fine. I use a great soldering station. i never get a bad connection,and i do know how to solder.

i remembered that this morning before plugging in the battery i had swapped two of the motor wires, because when i installed the esc they were twisted around each other.

then i plugged in the battery and got 5 blinks

i tried different combinations of plugging in the motor wires, and the blinking stopped on the third try - then right away i used the progdisk and did a reset

after that it armed.

so i disconnected the battery, plugged it in again and did a mode 1 on it (using the transmitter), and disconnected the battery

when i plugged in the battery to do a mode 4, i got the 5 blinks again...

then i unplugged the programming jumper, and it armed next time i plugged in the battery

the ESC is not installed, its on the table, i wonder if moving it around is moving a motor wire -maybe there is a short near the motor that i can't see

scratching my head
Logo 480 XXtreme, Logo 550SX, Logo 690SX, Logo 800 XXtreme, TDR, Minicopter Diabolo 550, Minicopter Triabolo, Goblin 500, Goblin 700, Goblin 770, KDS Agile 5.5, Voodoo 600, Voodoo 400, HD Cell 500, Thunder Tiger E700
Old 01-03-2014, 10:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

think a motor wire is shorting against the motor somehow... when i get the 5 blinks, if i move the wores and retry it arms.

the 5 blinks comes and goes as i move the esc around on the bench. its pretty clear whats happening...

pulling the motor... - it was already on the heli that i bought used. this is my firstt day installing servos and such - never have flown it.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

The German description says:
Quote:
5x Blinken: Motorleitungen sind auf +Akku nicht gleichmäßig
Freely translated:
Quote:
Motor wires on + battery are not evenly
Sure you avoided this?

Old 01-06-2014, 11:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think that s not the problem... They were running pretty straight to the motor, with the ESC n the bench..,I'd I wiggled them 1/2 inch the problem went away.

I removed the motor and inspected, dodnt see ipuch, then added some shrink tube t the motor wires, when they are near the motor base and motor mount and mounted the motor with the motor wires more pointing to the front, and it hasn't happened since with the ESC mounted on the Heli

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in