Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger Electric Helis

Thunder Tiger Electric Helis Mini Titan E325, Raptor E550 and E620 SE Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2014, 01:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Motors, pinions and lipo's oh my!

Hello everyone,

I just picked up the E360 conversion plus kit for my V2 FBL. I'm already tt'd so I figured the few things in the kit I don't need I'll just keep as spares. Now on to my issue, I have been reading that the stock motor doesn't swing the larger blades very well and it's not rated for 4s.

I need someone to give me a little guidance on my projected setup, I really don't have a great understanding of the electrical motor efficiency stuff... All of my selections below were merely based on what head speed I need VS what each different combination produces.

So this is what I'm thinking about going with;

A scorpion 2221-12 motor rated at 2580kv, the stock 150 tooth main gear and a 12 tooth pinion. According to a head speed calculator this is going yield me a HS in the 3200 to 2800 range. Is this setup efficient?

Additionally a few more questions... I'm running the CC phoenix 50 lite with the governor currently, why not just run the stock 13 tooth pinion with the suggested setup above and keep the HS down via the governor? (I read this is hard on the lipo's and is not efficient, yielding shorter flight times, why?)

Currently I'm running a 2600 HS in normal mode and a 2800 HS in IU with the 325 blades, this gets me 7 mins of flight time which I think is pretty good but I'm new to this stuff so I could be wrong . I don't do 3d or anything like that, just some fff and that's about it. What setup would get me the longest flight time possible?

In the stock motor manual and e325 v2 fbl manual it recommends a HS of 3000 but after a little reading on here and trial and error I found that the MT seems to really like 2800...why?

Okay I'm done with the why's and questions... Any wisdom thrown my way will be greatly appreciated and surely passes on to the next new guy.
Hermit9832 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in