Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2010, 10:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default 1GB Log file?

This morning, I took my SK720 Protos out for 8 flights consisting of sport flying and some tic-tocs thrown in for good measure. On the bank that I was flying, I had 260 for control rates and about 43/41 for self-tuned bell gains. Self tuning was on. On the last flight, my log shows high vibrations throughout the flight. Turns out I forgot to tighten my boom block screws and my belt was very loose which caused high vibrations. So I tightened the belt and charged up 6 packs for the evening.

This evening, I flew 6 packs. The 1st flight was bizarre. I gave it full collective and a good amount of forward elevator to get some high speed FF going. I made a wide, banked high speed turn. And coming out of the turn, my tail started wagging hard and fast. I brought my FF speed down to maybe 5 mph and then finally the wagging stopped. I landed the heli to check it out. But I couldn't find anything wrong with it. The rest of the flights felt OK in flight but very loose with no hold in hover. It just easily started to tilt and drift away.

When I hooked up my heli to the PC, I noticed there was a 1GB log file for this first flight. What was even more strange is that I remember having formatted the card using the SK software after my morning flight session and copying the logs over to my PC. But now in addition to this 1GB log file, I still see all the previous log files there were supposed to have been removed after the formatting of the card.

I wonder if the SK720 still had all the flight log data still in flash memory and rewrote the log files in addition to creating a 1GB file. I could not copy this file from the card to my PC. The OS said the file is corrupt.

Has anybody ever seen this issue? Could this large file have caused the SK720 to hover as if I had no FBL system?

Update: I had a chance to look at the log files. In addition to the 1GB log file, the SK720 did manage to write the flight data of the first flight to a separate file that was readable and of a normal size. I checked the 2nd and 3rd flight logs and both looked normal. Very low vibrations. But in the first log, I had high vibrations while I was flicking the elev. and ail. sticks to aid the SK720 to optimize the bell gains. At around 1:25, I started to go into that fast turn and come out with a tail wag. I had high vibes pretty much throughout the rest of the flight. I would attach the flight log, but the file is a little over 2MB compressed which is over the limit for this forum.

This is all very strange because I had very low vibes (0.5 to 1.5) in previous flights on 10/9. Back to vibe hunting I guess.
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2010, 10:24 AM   #2 (permalink)

=] Alex,

think if it were me I would clear the SD card, get rid of that huge file?? or change the card completely if I considered it suspect??.

it should have no bearing on how the heli flies at the time during the flight, but if its going corrupt, and you load data from it to the SK then who knows what the gyro is being told??

for the tail to complain is one indication, for the cyclic to also join in is another...

Filemail allows huge files to be sent for free, personal occasional use...

http://www.filemail.com/default.aspx

you will need to send it with a link, where 12 views are permitted...

no need to subscribe, or log in, just lets you send...

if you push it they restrict you!!

georgi UK
georgi UK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in