Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters > 600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 600 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2014, 01:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Trex 600 Pro DFC Setup problem

I am just getting to the mechanical setup of my build. I have all cyclic servos centered at center stick. The issue is that the Pitch servo is moving faster than the other two. Could this be an endpoint setting and I just have not gone far enough int he setup for it to take care of itself? I had to stop for other reasons so I figured I would get some feedback in the meantime.

Also, any suggestions on getting servo horns perfectly centered? I tried a level on a servo horn but different horns have different spline orientation. Right now I have put a small level on the horns and eyed the ball link hole with the center of the screw. It is close but I want to try to get this perfect.
robini is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2014, 02:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

You need to level the arms with sub trim, getting them level visually is close enough at this stage, the old Mk1 eyeball is a quite precise tool. Providing that you you make sure the links are the same length then the fine adjustment will come when you level the swash.

End points should all be set to 100%.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

You will have to adjust the servo travel. How to do it depends on the FBL unit you are using. Most likely to be done within the FBL software, subtrims in radio are usually a no-no with FBL systems.
RontaryUS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2014, 02:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RontaryUS View Post
Most likely to be done within the FBL software, subtrims in radio are usually a no-no with FBL systems.
Good point. I was assuming it was using the 3GX unit provided in the combo package. With the 3GX (unlike most other FBL units) you still have to set swash mixing in the Tx plus adjust sub trims and set collective and cyclic travel, all in the Tx.

robini,
If you let us know what FBL controller you are using advice could be a lot more specific.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am also in the mechanical starge of set ip on 600 epro. For some reason the servos seem to be buzzing constantly. ( normal? ) and moving very slow and sloppy to return to original position. This bird was given to me preassembled and looks in great shape. Any ideas? My first set up of this class, not sure what to do? Id be araid to even try to test hover the way that swash is returning.
Wolfy44 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2014, 08:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Depends on the servo brand/model. align servos usually buzz a lot. It is normal for the swash to return slowly on the bench. However, it should follow your stick inputs and compensate the opposite direction when you tilt/move the heli.
RontaryUS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2014, 08:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh .. Cool so maybee not a big deal then. Thanks
Old 03-12-2014, 12:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Again, it would help if you said what controller you were setting up.

With the 3GX (if that's what you have) you must do set-up in direct mode, you enter direct mode by holding down the button on the 3GX while you are powering it up then release the button when the first green light comes on. It's all in the instructions.

In direct mode gyros are disabled and the servos will follow stick movement directly.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:27 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes 3gx, ive set it up per instructions, it just looks kind of like it struggles (swash) to return to starting point after stick input.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok thanks
Old 03-12-2014, 07:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy44 View Post
Yes 3gx, ive set it up per instructions, it just looks kind of like it struggles (swash) to return to starting point after stick input.
This sounds like you havent got the 3GX set up in direct mode. When in normal mode there is no direct 'connection' between servo and Tx, the gyro control system sit in the middle and does it's thing. So the servo wont directly follow the movement of the sticks.

That's why you MUST to do your mechanical set-up when in direct mode.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:31 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

The aeron servo is shot i believe. It moves very rough and binds up a certain point when i move it (eithout the link arm on) as too where the others are nice and smooth. It is ok to replace just one servo rite? And if so can you buy just one? And any idea of price?
Old 03-12-2014, 09:33 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I meant aileron! Damn this tiny kepad!
Old 03-12-2014, 09:42 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can finde a gear kit for that servo ... should be align615 or 610 servo so look for a gear set ... not sure where in the world you are .... but align is the most popular brand in helis .. so.... you should have zero problems findeing them ... i think a servo can be had for 65-75bux .. gears are prob 30.00
There easy to repair ..
All you need is
One servo with damaged gears
One set of replacment gears
One scewdriver
Synthetic white grease (for gears)
One smart phone (take pictures after you open the case,before dissambly)
And a beer (perviding your of drinking age)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
kayakboy69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2014, 10:52 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, it's very easy to chip a gear on the servo. I replaced a gear set on one of the cyclics on my 600pro, it's straightforward enough if you are comfortable with fitting small fiddly components.

Alternativly, yes, it's fine to replace a single servo providing you get the exact same model of servo.

Tags
600 dfc

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in