Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 800 Class Helicopters

800 Class Helicopters 800 Class Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2012, 10:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 800 and 700 pix

Couple of shots of my 800 with my 700, 800 IS a fair bit bigger, should maiden the 800 this week.

Henseleit TDR, Minicopter. Mikado. Jeti Carbon Red DS16. Plus scale stuff
satsuma is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2012, 11:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow nice combo!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-21-2012, 01:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Loving the fusano canopy.
Curt S is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2012, 04:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

thanks for posting, liking the first pic, nice!
JustinS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2012, 08:30 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks guy's
Maidened the 800 today, slight rain and nasty grey cloud meant just normal stuff, and gentle circuits to check my build out,light was bad.
She flies anyway

Old 10-22-2012, 11:47 AM   #6 (permalink)

To say the 800 is quite a bit larger then the 700 I think is totally inaccurate. If you look at the picture that I have uploaded and I have more, the 800 is the same thing as the 700 except a little bit longer tail boom and blades. Realize that I am comparing this to my 700 F3C v2. The main frames are pretty much identical on both helicopters and most of the parts from the 700 with fit the 800, including the entire head. The 800 uses the same rotor head as the 700 dfc, there is no difference at all. The 800 uses the exact same tail boom supports, tail fin size as the 700 f3c, (f3c is actually larger). The skids are the same part number actually along with the h frame that holds the electronics and the battery tray. I am sorry but I do not see the point in getting an 800 other then just to have one. Claiming it is that much larger is completely false. It is larger, but only in the blades and tail boom and tail blades. I run the same motor in my 700 as the 800! I run the 750mx 450 kv motor which is the same power plant. In case you can not see the difference the 700 F3C v2 is with orange blades and of course the fly bar.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	800 vs 700.jpg
Views:	713
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	359554  
sarah1097 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2012, 12:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

The reason i got one IF i have to answer to you or anyone else is that my 700 3gx, minus the 3gx and on Beast x is going in a scale fuselage and i still wanted a decent sized pod and boom heli, it just looks a lot bigger when they are side by side, i'm reall not that anal about such things
The fact they are common on most parts for me is a bonus, think it's the canopy that makes it look a fair bit larger than my 700.
And by the way, the difference is obvious.

However, they are ALL small when i put them next to my 8 foot long turbine Ecureuil.

Old 10-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #8 (permalink)

Oh good grief, charlie brown, I was not criticizing you! All I was saying was there is not that much difference. Some people think the align 800 is way bigger and it is not. My brother included thought this, and bought one for that reason. From the picture that I have posted, I do not see an obvious difference but it does not matter. If you like the 800 that is great and you do not have to tell me why you bought one, the fact that you did is great. I was just pointing out the size difference may not be what people expect it to be is all. I have seen mine next to a logo 800 extreme and it makes my 700 look like a 600 it really does. We both thought the 800 would be the same way and we were surprised that the size difference was very similar. If I offended you or made you upset I am super super sorry it was not meant to be that way at all.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:43 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sarah,

Li'l life lesson for you here, you tell a guy his stuff isn't as big as he think's it is................................ it never goes over well
bshinn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2012, 10:16 PM   #10 (permalink)

Well that is true, but I think the picture I posted would have proven my point or at least validated it. I have always been one who just tells the honest truth. Of course I never mean it to hurt anyone's feelings but at least I am honest. If he flies an 800 well that is just fine and dandy. But it would be like me saying my 700 is the same class as the logo 800 extreme. I know good and well that it is not. Do I want to get one someday, but of course we all do. But it does not mean we have to be unhappy with what we currently have. Satsuma should be proud that he owns them for the simple reason that, he wanted them for his own reasoning. I know we all get envious of each other, but if your going to make them envy you, then do it with honesty. That is all I am saying, and again I was not trying to offend him in anyway.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

satsuma has a good point. I have had the chance to fly the 700e DFC and 800e back to back and the 800e does have a considerable bigger presence on the pad and in the sky. And the noise the 800e makes makes it seem even bigger. Here are a couple of photos that give another perspective of the difference sizes.

Old 10-22-2012, 11:18 PM   #12 (permalink)

Nu66 lol I do not think you read my post my friend. I said that the dfc 700 was smaller and shorter. However I compared the 800 to the 700 f3c which has larger blades then what your using, and they use the same main frame. Does any one read what I wrote or do they just get mad because I disagree with them?
Old 10-22-2012, 11:45 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

So size comparison wise, how much difference is there in the height of the head to the top of the frame? Also is there any difference in distance from the blades to the boom? Thinking of stretching a 700 Dfc to 800 and curious about clearances or possibility of a boom strike

Sent from my Galaxy S3
Old 10-23-2012, 12:56 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, I read it. Just offering up some additional comparison pix for those who have not had the pleasure to see both birds side by side. No agreeing or disagreeing here, just trying to contribute.

sharpblue4d From the top of the frame to the bottom of the blade grip, the 800 is 15mm taller. The distance from the tip of the main blade to the boom, the 800 is about 10mm taller.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:04 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sarah, hi.

I am not offended in any way, i think it was just the way you came accross, i looked at mine more from above and generaly different angles and it LOOKS a fair bit bigger to me anywa, lol, but i agree with you on the frame sizes and head etc, just a different prescence in the air and the sound is something else.
Will post a photo of the 800 next to my Ecureuil when i get a chance this week just for fun.
But i love my 700 just as much, for what they cost i think they are awesome machines.
Nu66ie photos show what i meant clearer than mine do.
No offence meant OR taken lol.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:30 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

The same thing can be said for a T-600 vs a 700dfc, I can almost fit my 700 canopy on the 600 & vice versa, and one next to the other looks like almost the same size, but flying both is completely different.

No matter how the 800 looks or what parts it share with other bird, it's still an 800 and the presence in the air, the sound etc... have nothing to do with a 700, I know, I had one, the one in my avatar.

I do admit however that shrinking a 800 and you came out with an original 700, except a bigger frame with more space for battery, and longer main shaft.

Anyway, the up to date line of Align 700size helicopter to compare or want to buy against the 800E today is the 700DFC, so if you buy a new kit, you get two completely different thing.

BTW Sarah, where you'll get your 24mm replacement boom for your particular 700 if you crash?? I searched online since two weeks now, asked a few store, followed all the align manual and I find nothing.
martin_ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2012, 09:41 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by satsuma View Post
Thanks guy's
Maidened the 800 today, slight rain and nasty grey cloud meant just normal stuff, and gentle circuits to check my build out,light was bad.
She flies anyway

Awesome shot.
I'd be interested in hearing how it flies compared to the 700E
JustinS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2012, 11:32 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Justin, i think the 800 is similar in many ways to the 700, certainly i am more aware of a bigger FEEL with the 800, very stable and does what you tell it to, floats down on the landings, but sounds nothing like the 700, very quiet apart from the blade noise which is awesome, have to say it feels light on the sticks, i had a Vario benzin pod and boom which was SLIGHTLY bigger than the 800, but it felt very heavy to fly, the 800 though is a dream, very easy going heli, don't forget i have only put 4 battery packs through it up to now so she's still bedding in the gears and links, but it's sweet. I have used the magnetic canopy mounts which makes life easier, but the canopy is still a bit of a pain to fit, will get easier as the glasswork gets flexed more
I have carbon reinforced the areas around the mounting holes as they can be prone to cracking at these points with the pulling and tugging to get them on and off.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:16 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

I appreciate what Sarah pointed out, I was real curious about its size compared to a (ALIGN) 700e, and was interested in owning one too. But when I went to IRCHA 2012, I did not see an ALIGN 800, however,........when I first saw the Extreme 800..........,.....its huge when compared to a 700e..........ALIGN had a chance here to even the score in the "up and coming" 800 market, and in my opinion, they blew it, seems like they used alot of left over parts to make this "800". And when the rest of the heli. manufacturers unveil their 800's...AIGN's will be sitting in their shadows as the smallest.
reALIGNed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2012, 12:40 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah1097 View Post
To say the 800 is quite a bit larger then the 700 I think is totally inaccurate. If you look at the picture that I have uploaded and I have more, the 800 is the same thing as the 700 except a little bit longer tail boom and blades. Realize that I am comparing this to my 700 F3C v2. The main frames are pretty much identical on both helicopters and most of the parts from the 700 with fit the 800, including the entire head. The 800 uses the same rotor head as the 700 dfc, there is no difference at all. The 800 uses the exact same tail boom supports, tail fin size as the 700 f3c, (f3c is actually larger). The skids are the same part number actually along with the h frame that holds the electronics and the battery tray. I am sorry but I do not see the point in getting an 800 other then just to have one. Claiming it is that much larger is completely false. It is larger, but only in the blades and tail boom and tail blades. I run the same motor in my 700 as the 800! I run the 750mx 450 kv motor which is the same power plant. In case you can not see the difference the 700 F3C v2 is with orange blades and of course the fly bar.
+1 that's what I was noticing. I don't have trekker, but I was comparing part numbers and noticed it had the same head, main shaft, blades grips etc. Looks like it has a bigger canopy, and boom but everything else appears to be the same size if not the same part number as a 700E.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
bloftin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in