Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 01:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default you really should glue your SR's swash plate. caused me to crash.

was flying, just kind of slowly cruzing around and next thing i know it shoots tward the ground at full force.

busted my blade grips, lost a mixing arm, and broke my CF blade in half. also busted my landing gear.

blah. glue your swash plate.

Blade 180 CFX, Sold the rest of my stuff, I dont really fly all that often any more.
dannylightning is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2010, 01:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

What'd I tell ya? You angered the heli gods with that post about your SR always being ready to fly and you don't crash it anymore, jinxed! that does suck though, no inverted flight I take it? Bummer.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

DAYUMM he called that one.. That jus happened Danny.. ok mental note.. no comments bout the ALWAYS ready to fly... sorry bout the crash danny..
new statement.. We never stop crashing jus get a lil better at avoiding them
ZMR 250
Dazhim is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2010, 02:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

it was really my fault earlly, when i spooled it up i noticed i was getting a little bit of negative pitch, but once i got it past half stick i got positive pitch than it popped up off the ground, just thought my tx was being strange and got confused and though i was in idle up or something, i just flew it.

it was probably slightly seperated before i took off. that would explain the litlte bit of negative pitch i had. if i would have just stopped to check out it probably would not have happened,

she is almost all back togeather. just got to find one of the adjustable ball links for the fly bar cage in my bag-o parts. and it will be time to take her back out,

with wooded blades

Blade 180 CFX, Sold the rest of my stuff, I dont really fly all that often any more.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojappa View Post
What'd I tell ya? You angered the heli gods with that post about your SR always being ready to fly and you don't crash it anymore, jinxed! that does suck though, no inverted flight I take it? Bummer.

look at my avitar, that is some inverted flight for you. if you can keep a secret i hung it up from my garage door with some fishing string so it looks like i a flying inverted hahahahahahhahaha

Old 07-26-2010, 02:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Your secret's safe with me!
Old 07-26-2010, 03:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

GO inverted for Real! Just flip it over and Do it! Its so sick. I figured it was my time, I got pumped up and went for it. The truth is the tail does suck and I always end up turning 90 deg. I was sweaty and shaken but what an adrenaline rush!
Old 07-26-2010, 03:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcaprym View Post
GO inverted for Real! Just flip it over and Do it! Its so sick. I figured it was my time, I got pumped up and went for it. The truth is the tail does suck and I always end up turning 90 deg. I was sweaty and shaken but what an adrenaline rush!
that was the plan for today, how ever that swash got me. bout to take her back out in a few. removed my fly bar weights while i was fixing it. that should help.

Old 07-26-2010, 03:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good luck! My tail stray too far, maybe 10-15°, this is more doing flips to inverted hover, it held fine during big loops and I even did some FFF rolls on the same flight as my first loop. Speed help the tail in those moves.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojappa View Post
:thumbup Good luck! My tail stray too far, maybe 10-15°, this is more doing flips to inverted hover, it held fine during big loops and I even did some FFF rolls on the same flight as my first loop. Speed help the tail in those moves.
my tail motor is no longer working, hope the one from the spare is good, just spooled it up on the floor and all it did was spin in circles at light speed.

than i held it in my hand like a crazy man and really got to going, no tail motor at all. blah. o well, im getting the other one out, here goes nothing.

EDIT

tail motor wires cut in half. not broken tail motor.

Edit,

nope it burnt out and cut the wires.

Old 07-26-2010, 04:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

i was jus gonna say that .. i replaced a motor once.. and found out AFTER the wires had been cut.. I wanna fly so bad.. but without my truck and no schools parks or anything in walkin distance.. ARGHHH
ZMR 250
Dazhim is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2010, 05:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is where the 4g6 comes in handy, especially the new flybarless RTF w/2801pro Tx for $300!!!
Old 07-26-2010, 05:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

my tail motor sometimes....um...hey, wait a minute...I dont have a tailmotor anymore, the belt works perfect guys, c'mon, join the club, its a peice of cake to install and it flies soooooo good...im waiting on a new gyro, I got one of those hk 16 dollar goodies, i heard its a hit and miss but if i hit then its better then the stock one...anyway...i so dont miss that tail motor, im just hoping i dont crash and destry that beautiful tail cuz I'll cry.
LL-Cool-T is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2010, 05:45 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL-Cool-T View Post
my tail motor sometimes....um...hey, wait a minute...I dont have a tailmotor anymore, the belt works perfect guys, c'mon, join the club, its a peice of cake to install and it flies soooooo good...im waiting on a new gyro, I got one of those hk 16 dollar goodies, i heard its a hit and miss but if i hit then its better then the stock one...anyway...i so dont miss that tail motor, im just hoping i dont crash and destry that beautiful tail cuz I'll cry.

so you like your tail belt kit, heard different from a few people, i do want one.

flew threw both of my battery packs a few min ago, what a pain in the butt that was, took a few hours to get it all fixed up. i have just a slight bit of wobble going on. thinking i might need to balance those wood blades.

seemed to be flying kind of slow today, stiffer dampers, no fly bar weights. i am blaming this on the wooden blades that i had to put back on , or it might have been the vibration time to see if those blades need balancing, they looked like they were tracking just fine. if not that something is bent just slightly.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Are you still using the sr blades! Try throwing on some new blades before tweaking things. I've learned the hard way, the littlest crash or strike can screw them up, I've had the same then threw on diff blades and it was better, good luck
Old 07-26-2010, 06:31 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

anyone possibly have a pic of where to glue the swash, so i dont have the same crash
Bendero is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2010, 06:41 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bendero View Post
anyone possibly have a pic of where to glue the swash, so i dont have the same crash

seperate the top part of your swash from the bottom part, put some ca glue on the inside of the bottom part. make sure you only get it on the inside part of the bottom piece so it does not lock up your bearing, snap the top on and your done, dont have a pic tho.

been using the carbon fiber blades, shappped one in half today, dont like the stock ones at all

Old 07-26-2010, 06:53 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bendero View Post
Here you go: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=223057

If you're careful, you can do this without removing the swash. I did it yesterday, and went through two packs without the swash separating again. Keep in mind that I'm a noob, and the two packs were spent scooting around on the driveway, and hovering for a few seconds at the mind-numbing altitude of 1-foot or so. Even with training gear attached, I managed to bend the tail boom pretty significantly, and chew up the tips of the wooden main rotor blades a little.

I'm just a noobie, but I've quickly learned that tail motors are crap...never again. I am impressed with the SR's quality in general, especially the instruction manual. Like so many others, I'll probably buy a Blade 400 to get my feet wet while I'm building my EXI 500, but rest assured no more tail motors for me...I learn quick.
gale155 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2010, 07:26 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannylightning View Post
it was really my fault earlly, when i spooled it up i noticed i was getting a little bit of negative pitch, but once i got it past half stick i got positive pitch than it popped up off the ground, just thought my tx was being strange and got confused and though i was in idle up or something, i just flew it.

it was probably slightly seperated before i took off. that would explain the litlte bit of negative pitch i had. if i would have just stopped to check out it probably would not have happened,

she is almost all back togeather. just got to find one of the adjustable ball links for the fly bar cage in my bag-o parts. and it will be time to take her back out,

with wooded blades
Sorry to hear that. My SR in the shop too. I was in HU mode full speed, slammed into a frickin tree. SR exploded! I was pickin up parts all over the ground. Some parts are still in the tree. When I put everything together again, the damage was not that bad. $30 she's back in the air. Try the alluminum parts, they don't break.
RoyDallas is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2010, 07:28 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyDallas View Post
Try the alluminum parts, they don't break.
but they are expensive, most things dont break when i crash, this was about the worst one. usually i need a new feathering shaft and main gear and that is it. got a big repair bill on my 400 right now so that sucks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in