Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System

Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System Thunder Tiger GT5 Flybarless Electronics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2012, 01:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

My HF Map location
Default help! i cant get the tail to hold

I just got the new FBL mini titan im useing the gt5 and savox servos.. after a hard learning curve im startting to figor this thing out....

cyclic seems to be ok now from what i can test on it since my tail keeps kicking. is there some way to ajust the gain of the tail?? or is it all done with the P and I thing cause on my 8fg it the same wether im at 0% or 100% nothings changeing. pleas help thanks
codfish124 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2012, 12:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

You just have to experiment, specific advise won't work cause they are all different. Ihad to change my tail settings just with different mains.
mrultralite is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 11:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

is there to high of a p setting.... can i get it to wag then bring it down??? cause with 110 on the p setting it still very soft and seems to be hunting
Old 05-04-2012, 02:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I dunno , just experiment, you can run the whole range and it stays flyable. I found i had to turn P down to 20- 30 , Zero 'I' made the tail drift.
mrultralite is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2012, 03:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
ady
Registered Users

you could try turning off the D-sense on the tail in the GT5 , i run mine at zero , with high P value , she be solid
ady is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-05-2012, 11:34 AM   #6 (permalink)

My HF Map location

thanks gonna give it another go
Old 05-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

My HF Map location

better.... still very unflyabule.... the tail after like 30 sec will not stop and drift all over..... another question the pitch seems slugish it might just be the heli... i think im gonna put on a micro beast and try it out that way to besure its not the heli.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
ady
Registered Users

you could check the tail trim slider on the front of your radio , we had this at the field on another heli , it was only one click from centre , that made the tail piro slowly , once centered and reset , all was fine , good luck
ady is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2012, 02:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What did you set the dead band at? If you have left it at default then try 10.
Ely.Q Vision 50
NitroAl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2012, 11:37 AM   #10 (permalink)

My HF Map location

the dead band is set at 5 seemed to help. and its not a slow piro it will just kick left and right at random
Old 05-10-2012, 08:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by codfish124 View Post
I just got the new FBL mini titan im useing the gt5 and savox servos.. after a hard learning curve im startting to figor this thing out....

cyclic seems to be ok now from what i can test on it since my tail keeps kicking. is there some way to ajust the gain of the tail?? or is it all done with the P and I thing cause on my 8fg it the same wether im at 0% or 100% nothings changeing. pleas help thanks
Yes there is a Total gain that you can adjust via your Tx (gyro gain) but the P and I for the tail also comes into play from what I understand about this unit.
Put the gain (gyro) setting on a switch set for 60 and 100 (numbers on the screen of the GT-5), that way while in the air you can switch to 100 and see if the heli starts swinging. If it does just flip it back to 60 and it should go back to the way it was flying before switching.
Another thing do is set the Tail stick dynamic (under Stick menu) to 50.
P/I menu, set both of your P,s (tail and swash to 70), then set the I's to 60. Put the D-Sens for the tail at 35 and I-dyn for the tail at 45-50.

Give that a try and let us know the results.
I am new to this unit as well, so all this info was taken off the manual but hope it helps you out.
I also read about the suggestion of putting the D-sens to 0 for the tail.
What is your Intensity of filter set at? The manual is wrong and should be 0=least filtering and 5=most filtering. You can try setting that up around 4 if not there alreay (found under the Sensor Menu).
Oilsands is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2012, 02:02 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry, but your answer is only shot in dark and probably it will make everything worse . Mess with more parameters at once and clearly without G-T5 knowledge will lead you only to bigger troubles ...

Quote:
the dead band is set at 5 seemed to help. and its not a slow piro it will just kick left and right at random
This seems like mechanical problem.
swalko is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2012, 09:25 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilsands View Post
Yes there is a Total gain that you can adjust via your Tx (gyro gain) but the P and I for the tail also comes into play from what I understand about this unit.
Put the gain (gyro) setting on a switch set for 60 and 100 (numbers on the screen of the GT-5), that way while in the air you can switch to 100 and see if the heli starts swinging. If it does just flip it back to 60 and it should go back to the way it was flying before switching.
Another thing do is set the Tail stick dynamic (under Stick menu) to 50.
P/I menu, set both of your P,s (tail and swash to 70), then set the I's to 60. Put the D-Sens for the tail at 35 and I-dyn for the tail at 45-50.

Give that a try and let us know the results.
I am new to this unit as well, so all this info was taken off the manual but hope it helps you out.
I also read about the suggestion of putting the D-sens to 0 for the tail.
What is your Intensity of filter set at? The manual is wrong and should be 0=least filtering and 5=most filtering. You can try setting that up around 4 if not there alreay (found under the Sensor Menu).
I got the filtering incorrect, 0 is most filtering and 5 is least filtering.
I got all the info off the manual and they are the suggested starting settings. It was just suggestions.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:59 PM   #14 (permalink)

My HF Map location

What happens if I set the d-sen to high..... Also the pitch seems to nevertheless soft..... Like there's some sort of EXPO in it that's makeing this hole thing much worse to fly
Old 05-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
What happens if I set the d-sen to high..... Also the pitch seems to nevertheless soft..... Like there's some sort of EXPO in it that's makeing this hole thing much worse to fly
What is your Pitch & Agility settings at for the Elevator and Aileron? If they are not at 100, that may help setting them to that.

What is your total gain at (number on the GT-5 unit)?
Old 05-11-2012, 11:05 PM   #16 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Total gain is like 97 and i havent had a chance to change any of the other settings just need the tail to hold so i can get a feel for it
Old 05-12-2012, 12:36 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

What is your P and I settings for the tail?

"If the tail is swinging or seesawing the P may be too high, if it is too low the tail will not hold its position and not feel crispy but a bit unstable. Too start with the I should be set 10 points lower than the P setting." Suggestion from the manual is start at P=40 and I=30, then adjust from there.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:41 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

On small ships P is usually little lower than I. On my 450 tail P/I = 55/60 and tail is holding really great.
swalko is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2012, 06:50 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Make sure your tail assembly is absolutely 100% tight and together. One loose hex bolt caused my to to was on any setting I tried. Lock tight is your friend here

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-15-2012, 06:50 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wag***

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in