Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JLog - The JIVE logging stamp

JLog - The JIVE logging stamp JLog - The JIVE logging stamp - Official English Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2014, 04:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Binding JR RG731BX/XG14 with J-log 2.6

Hi

Does anyone know how binding should be done when using a J-log 2.6 with telemetry connected to the sensor port a RG731BX receiver?

I have pulled out the red wire between J-log and receiver as per J-log instruction.

If I bind as normal and then after successful binding connect the J-log 2.6 to the receiver then on next power up the receiver believes that a new binding should be done.

Thanks and best regards,
Thomas
ravegarden is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2014, 10:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Thomas!

Has JLog already supply voltage if the receiver is powered up - or at least is getting supply voltage in parallel with the receiver?

I'm asking because voltage-less electronics is unpredictable, its impedance. This receiver seems to think to read LOW on the SENS Port signal pin at power-up.

No idea if your problem is caused by the power-up sequence receiver./.JLog or if the cause is some variation in the hardware of this receiver compared to... XG8 for example.

A pull-up resistor on SENS signal pin, let's say... 10kOhms against + R/C voltage, may help.
Old 12-20-2014, 12:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you Tom!

Providing the J-log with power parallel with the receiver solved the issue

Best regards,
Thomas
ravegarden is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2014, 04:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravegarden View Post

If I bind as normal and then after successful binding connect the J-log 2.6 to the receiver then on next power up the receiver believes that a new binding should be done.
Connecting JLog to receiver with the connector reversed (SIG to GND and GND to SIG) also causes this. I'll save you the time of asking how I know, I did it.

Brad G
> JR XG8
bradg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2015, 07:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

The JLog site seems to indicate that the telemetry interfaces to JR DMSS is not easy and refresh rate etc is slow.

Can someone comment on the current capabilities of the JLoG to JR DMSS telemetry ?

thanks,
mdu6 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2015, 11:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have no problem with three helis, all Kontronik ESC's. Fly to capacity with alarms set in the TX. All the other parameters read as normal as well, volts, rpm, amperage etc.
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2015, 05:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

thanks - which DMSS receiver are you using with what FBL unit ?

Also - I see some power-up problem on Jive-Pro/Kosmik JLoG combination that are solved with the use of UltraGuard/Opti - have you encounter this problem (not DMSS related of course)
mdu6 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2015, 06:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

This telemetry is ok so far. Only, transmitter firmwares are slow in following the protocol (sensor) specifications.
Data update rate is rather slow in relation to the bus speed (250kBaud, more than half the speed of I²C) but not slower than most other systems. Example: Graupner/SJ HoTT updates every 200ms per sensor in binary mode (800ms in text mode), 1 second if all five sensors (types) are in use at the same time. JETI's non-bus connection runs at 9.6kBaud only.

JR's uptime time is fix at 160ms, a complete cycle of 16 addresses. Some sensors are polled at variable times of up to 16ms from address to address, so up to 256ms per cycle So far this is not slow but rather slow in relation to bus speed.

Your new question: you speak about the "power-up BEC bug", a design flaw, a typical chicken-or-egg problem. Processor has to control the BEC but its power supply (startup) depends on the output voltage of the BEC. BEC is free running for at least 100ms after power-up, especially the 1st 10ms are critical. Crazy voltage could affect supplied electronics of any kind.
An Opti BEC Guard with its "voltage lockout" (one of many security functions) would be the solution, goes between BEC output and supplied electronics in the model. JLog is supplied from Guard's output then (via its "JIVE port"), the plus wire in the harness KOSMIK/Jpro--JLog has to be cut then.

Just try your luck with your specific copy of such ESC 1st. It can something happen but it does not always.
Old 08-13-2015, 06:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

RG712BX receivers.
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in