Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4G3

4G3 Walkera 4G3 Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2009, 08:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 2601 Qs

How to time. I've a 2601, and it has a sim plug on the back of it, but nothing seems to work when I plug in a sim cord and fire it up. I have an old copy of realflight 4, and a heli only homemade sim I found a link to on this forum. niether one will find the 2601, and the Windows XP isn't all happy for new hardware when I plug it in. I can't find anything in the manual about it, so I thought I would hit my 2nd best source for Walkera support! I'd like to know what I need to do to the 2601 to make it work for a sim. I know it's the controller and not the cable because my Brother brought over a TX of his and it worked fine on sim.

Thanks
Nak
Fred Nakor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2009, 04:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi, what TX does your brother have?

Dusty
Blade 400, mSR, mCPX - Sonix SX450SE - Walkera 1#A, 4#3, 4#3A, 4#3B, 4G3
Dusty1000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2009, 12:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

He has some type of futaba TX, LCD screen and what not.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would think the cable will be different. I've never used a Walkera TX with a sim, but I understand the cable you need plugs into the microphone socket on your pc

Dusty
Blade 400, mSR, mCPX - Sonix SX450SE - Walkera 1#A, 4#3, 4#3A, 4#3B, 4G3
Dusty1000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2009, 05:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

hhhm, that would be quite strange. the adapter that came with my 2601 plugged right into my universal usb sim cable. mainly I was wondering if I had to flip one or more of the switches in the back cover to change to sim mode, or if I need to pull the RF module. something not obvious that I was missing.

thanks
Old 12-27-2009, 09:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Which cable are you using? The futaba cable will not work with walkera radio. You need to use walkera ub-001 usb cable with the short cable that come with the tx for it to work properly. And it should work with vista or xp as well. Try to check after you plug in and turn on the tx. At you hardware manager you should be able to find a usb device connected to your computer. If it is a "unknow usb device" just change it to a normal usb device and it should work. Hope you got it sorted!
ehirobo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2009, 10:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Price on Walkera 1#A without Tx

Hi,

I understand you have great deals on Walkera helis from HK? I would like to get a Walkera 1#A without a Tx. I see you have a price of 189 for the complete package, what is the best deal you can make me on one without a Tx? I have a 2801 Pro already, so I wish to use that with the 1#A.

Thanks for your help!

Joe
HeloJoe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2009, 06:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a univeral usb sim cable ordered off of ebay that works with at least 2 tested TXs , the futaba of my brothers, and a DX6i (or 7i can't remember). it came with the cable and 5 adapters, one of which matches the one that came with my 2601. Do I have to order the Walkera cable from Walkera? I've not seen it for sale at other sites I've been to for 4g3 parts. (like wowhobbies )

thanks for the help!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in