Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Engines and Mufflers

Engines and Mufflers Having problems or need advice on Engines or Mufflers?

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2008, 06:35 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFjetmech View Post
I shut down and got my finger on the backplate as soon as I could stop the rotors and could hold it there for several seconds. Could I lean this out more, or will it run a lot hotter when I go to idle 2? I didn't think I could get 11 minutes out of it even at 1,900 or does this sound about right? I read about guys only getting 8 or 9 minute flights so I wondered if maybe I should lean a little more. It was early evening when I flew and temps were in the low 70's. Using Coolpower 30%.
If anything it sounds a lttle on the lean side, getting hot and very good fuel economy are signs of lean.

But you have to assume that the Carbsmart is doing the right thing at handling the fuel mixture correctly, yours is not the first report I have heard in regards to longer flight times with a Carbsmart on board.

Mick

aussiemick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2008, 06:48 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemick View Post
If anything it sounds a lttle on the lean side, getting hot and very good fuel economy are signs of lean.

But you have to assume that the Carbsmart is doing the right thing at handling the fuel mixture correctly, yours is not the first report I have heard in regards to longer flight times with a Carbsmart on board.

Mick
I don't have a carbsmart and could hold my finger on the plate for a long time. Thats what surprised me. Figured if I flew that long it might be lean, but I didn't burn my finger. I plan to run a tank in idle 2 next time out and see what that does for flight times and temps. I guess if it feels a little hot and the flight times go down under ten minutes, then I will certainly be in the ballpark.

More stuff than there is time to fly it.
AFjetmech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2008, 06:51 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My mistake, I read Multigov and thought carbsmart.
How long is your several seconds that you can keep your finger on the backplate? I can leave mine on indefinately after a flight.
Mick

aussiemick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2008, 07:04 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiemick View Post
My mistake, I read Multigov and thought carbsmart.
How long is your several seconds that you can keep your finger on the backplate? I can leave mine on indefinately after a flight.
Mick
Indefinately for me. But that might not be for everyone.

More stuff than there is time to fly it.
AFjetmech is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in