Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Century

Century Century Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2014, 02:45 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location
Thumbs up

Have got a bunch more flights on the e640 with 560mm blades and 6s power . I am really enjoying it and it flys well. . As I said before it is not in the same class as the 12s setup but it works well and the single 6s 5000 pack fits the tray fine and the Heli balances easily . I have had the Edge 100 ESC beeping at me several times saying that I have over amped it so a 130 or a 120 HV would be a good idea if you like beating on your Heli . All around though I think it works very well as a 6s Heli .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2014, 08:39 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I am still flying this as 6s and it is a fun heli. I tamed it down some so it was not so hard on things (Batterys). I get 5 minutes now but set the timer for 4min 40 secs and head in for a landing when the timer goes and I will be at 25-27% left on a 5000mah 6s . It is just a fun setup to fly. The E640 is such a unknown heli due to no marketing exposer and it really is a jewel that has never really been found. Hundreds of flights with basically zero issues or repairs . A few little things that could be done if there where to be a E640 V2 but still great as is . I have flown this heli as a 12s stretch with 690s and 660 wide cords and as a 6s 550 class heli and it has been a joy. My other E640 was flown as a 610-620 heli only and was a joy until Helinutz 2 decided he needed it and now he has been enjoying it for the last year . For the price you would be hard pressed to find a better 600 class heli . Not sure what is next for my 640 but whatever I am sure it will be a fun . Kind of like a Timex it just keeps on tickin
Old 09-07-2014, 11:38 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis P View Post
I am still flying this as 6s and it is a fun heli. I tamed it down some so it was not so hard on things (Batterys). I get 5 minutes now but set the timer for 4min 40 secs and head in for a landing when the timer goes and I will be at 25-27% left on a 5000mah 6s . It is just a fun setup to fly. The E640 is such a unknown heli due to no marketing exposure and it really is a jewel that has never really been found. Hundreds of flights with basically zero issues or repairs . A few little things that could be done if there where to be a E640 V2 but still great as is . I have flown this heli as a 12s stretch with 690s and 660 wide cords and as a 6s 550 class heli and it has been a joy. My other E640 was flown as a 610-620 heli only and was a joy until Helinutz 2 decided he needed it and now he has been enjoying it for the last year . For the price you would be hard pressed to find a better 600 class heli . Not sure what is next for my 640 but whatever I am sure it will be a fun . Kind of like a Timex it just keeps on tickin
Good review after many flights. In my view, these are what really matter. Reports on a model after 100's of flights. Not just after 50 or so. Too bad Century's marketing of these great helis is so lacking.
Old 09-07-2014, 10:43 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I often get a lot of comments regarding my E640...especially since I finally got that damn Skookum figured out (for the most part...I still prefer the futaba 750).

It really is a dream to fly, and I have had absolutely no trouble with mine, my N640 is much the same, it has approximately 50 hours flight time so far with nothing more then cleaning it at the end of the day.

Despite the comments I receive, I find it a shame and a disappointment that no one around locally has taken the bite and gotten one or the other.

I am very interested in seeing Century come out with larger nitros again, and larger electrics....

I saw my friends 800 size electric over the weekend...what an impressive machine. It should be classified as a weapon since it uses a telephone pole for a tail boom.
Furious Predator is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2014, 02:30 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am spoiled here. Yesterday I was out with my two Swifts and there were 5 heli flyers out at our local field. The following Century models, 1 x Swift NX, 1 x Swift 550SE/FBL, 3 x Radikal E640 FBLs, 1 x Radikal N640FBL, 1 x Predator GS, 1 x Hawk Pro were all flying up a storm. The 2 other helis present didn't fly much, they where 1 x Align T600 and 1 x Align T700.

I took a picture and will post when I download it later.
Old 09-08-2014, 09:29 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Phil thats more then 5
rotorsport is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2014, 12:28 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorsport View Post
Phil thats more then 5
Nope, that is five pilots, myself with 2 Swifts, the best flyer of us all, with a Radikal E640, an N640 and a T700, another with a Predator Gasser and an E640, another with a Hawk Pro and an E640 and the fifth a T600.

And as I said, most all flights were with the Centry helis.
Old 09-19-2014, 05:32 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorRotor View Post
Too bad Century's marketing of these great helis is so lacking.
That's the truth. You never hear anything about Century heli's. The buzz was higher around the 640's than others, but nothing off the forums. Nothing in the magazines, it still seems like they're dying. I'd really like to see them come out with some new stuff in other sizes. I'd also like to see them announce some more distributors. If you can get helidirect or amain or experience to carry them it would make me feel a lot more confident about buying a Century.
GAUI NX7, TREX 600N, Goblin 570, Gaui X3L, DX7G2, AMA#970963 Citizen 420
907Heli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2014, 10:38 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Actually they have lots of new stuff if you are into fixed pitch with 4 or more props and motors attached to it , the drones are coming !!!
Old 09-22-2014, 01:06 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's a good point, maybe they're just going to a different market. I hope they stick with helis too.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:12 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Many brands have come and gone over the past few years.

I think that the extra moneys generated by their multi-rotor business will insure they will be able to continue in the Heli business.

If those companies that have passed had seen the big returns possible from the multi-heli market, and got into it at the time Century did, then maybe they would also still be around to serve their heli customers.
Old 09-22-2014, 01:28 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, it's unfortunate. I almost bought an outrage right before they went under. Sweet heli but if you can't get parts...... I really hope century shows some sign that they're still into helis. I don't want to have to buy a goblin because they're the last one standing lol.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:28 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I am still flying my E640 on the 6s setup and it has definitely proven to be a viable option although it is a little heavy . It is a fun and capable machine with a simple economical setup . I am still using the Edge 100 esc a Hacker A50-6s 1100kv and RotorTech 560mm 3D blades . I did tame the pitch and headspeed back a bit as I was pulling to hard on the system and getting some bog. I can get you some numbers if anyone is interested . Take care

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in