Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Hitec Radios

Hitec Radios Hitec Radios Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2014, 07:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Aurora 9X throttle trim not working

might be the wrong place to post this question but here goes. when flying my planes i like to use a switch to have a higher the normal idle to keep the motor from dying. using the idle down feature my throttle trim doesnt work when first turning on the radio. i can get it to work one i enter the idle down screen and back out to the home screen. i know its just a bug but Hitec has quit responding to my emails and calls to try and find away around this. is there another way to program a high idle ? maybe its time to switch brands again :/

this is the ONLY issue i have with the radio but sometimes i forget to do this trick and on landing i cant idle slow enough. im not risking aircraft over a radio bug. any help would be great. thanks
nappyroots2182 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2014, 03:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nappyroots2182 View Post
might be the wrong place to post this question but here goes.
when flying my planes i like to use a switch to have a higher the normal idle to keep the motor from dying.
using the idle down feature my throttle trim doesnt work when first turning on the radio.
i can get it to work one i enter the idle down screen and back out to the home screen
. i know its just a bug but Hitec has quit responding to my emails and calls to try and find away around this.
is there another way to program a high idle ?
maybe its time to switch brands again
this is the ONLY issue i have with the radio but sometimes i forget to do this trick and on landing i cant idle slow enough.
im not risking aircraft over a radio bug.
any help would be great. thanks
Sorry, but can not see any bug.
A safety feature, the throttle trim on all known transmitters can not be operated when the stick is above 50% of its travel.
A good explanation of the workings of computerised transmitters is covered within:
. EPA, ATV, Dual & Triple Rates, Expo Differences & Caution includes ESC / BEC Set Up.

As also within above link, the order in which any computerised transmitter is programmed often effects "unexplained" end results.

. Programming Problem? - Parameters must be set in correct ordere.g. V_tail, see chart.

Much more information available below
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ" at
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

and the many throttle related links e.g.
Aurora 9 - Throttle Cut & Idle Down Set-Up.. Throttle Cut Programming - Step by Step

under the Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:

. Aurora 9, 9X, AFHSS 2.4Ghz Module, Transceivers, Receivers &Telemetry,
- FAQ, Setups & Tips.

Alan T.
A.T. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2014, 06:19 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

my buddy with the older 9 has no problem using a switch to have to idles. mine also works fine AFTER i go into the program and back into home screen. i can and will make a video. the radio works fine on the planes i dont have this feature activated
Old 05-27-2014, 06:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

i love this radio. its the best feeling in my hands and rock solid so far in the air. fly my heli for the first time last nite since converting. felt great also. this is the only issue i can find in the radio. if i dont do what the video i made shows by going in and out of the menu then my trim dont work and i have reset the radio and reprogrammed all models. if i can find another way to flick a switch to make my idle go up or down and keep the trim working i would like to know how

Hitec Aurora 9X throttle trim issue (0 min 24 sec)
Old 05-30-2014, 03:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nappyroots2182 View Post
i love this radio. its the best feeling in my hands and rock solid so far in the air.
fly my heli for the first time last nite since converting. felt great also. this is the only issue i can find in the radio.
if i dont do what the video i made shows by going in and out of the menu then my trim dont work and i have reset
the radio and reprogrammed all models.
if i can find another way to flick a switch to make my idle go up or down and keep the trim working i would like to know how
Aurora 9X - Idle down Bug
That is a bug with the idle down that should be resolved with the first firmware update due shortly - Mike (Mike Mayberry Hitec RCD USA 30May14)

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2014, 07:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

sounds good to me. cant wait
Old 09-01-2014, 03:48 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

any release date set for the updates? i sometimes forget to make sure my high idle works before taking off. its no fun to have no throttle trim landing. haha
Old 01-01-2015, 04:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

pretty dissipointed. after getting my TX back from hitec to get checked out, i updated the firmware. this bug never got fixed. one of the mostly used features i need.
Old 04-13-2016, 12:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

nappyroots2182 and Alan T,

I have been looking into this issue for my own use of the idle down feature and found at least 2 workarounds that seem to work without the bug you (and I) experienced where the trim will not work correctly.

First, I'll expand on what you found (throttle trim doesn't work until you go into the idle down screen and back out to the home screen again) and say that I found that when you move the throttle trim and the trim setting doesn't move on screen, what it's ACTUALLY doing is moving the idle down position. This makes me think it's not really a bug with the trim, but that the radio is getting "stuck" in idle down mode when Adjust to Trim is turned on (where the trim lever then adjusts the idle down setting rather than the throttle trim) . I also found that this seems to cycle back and forth between operating the throttle trim and operating the idle down position nearly every time you go into and out of the idle down screen.

The good news is this problem DOES NOT occur if you turn OFF the Adjust to Trim function in the idle down screen. All that means is you have to use the arrows on screen to adjust the idle down position rather than the throttle trim. I'm good with that anyway since I don't want the idle down setting ever accidentally getting set too low and cutting off my engine. So for nappyroots, that's probably your best and easiest workaround with the least work required.

An alternative method to accomplish "flipping a switch and it adjusting your idle position" would be to create a new throttle curve with a slightly different bottom position and enable/disable that throttle curve with a switch.

Hope that helps nappyroots and hope Alan T can possibly spread the word to other users and to the Hitec software developers perhaps to narrow down the issue better for a fix.
aadams1278 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2016, 04:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Exclamation

Well, unfortunately, it looks like I spoke too soon. At first I thought the issue didn't occur with Adjust to Trim turned off, but that's incorrect. After power cycling the transmitter off and back on, it behaves just as you described where you must go to the idle down screen and back out before the trim works correctly. Looks like a throttle curve may be the only option to work around at this time.
aadams1278 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in