Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2010, 11:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Logo 700 release date?

Hello everyone,

Mikado says they will release their 700 and new logo 600(with 690mm rotor blade) soon. Does anyone know a date on that?

I have never flow a logo, how does it feel? What is the difference between the logo and align trex, let's say the trex 600 and logo 500. Can the logo really piss off align trex? I need to know cause the new trex700ESP is coming out in April, and I want to make sure I got the right one.

Thank you.
BruceHuang is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2010, 12:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
NTM
Registered Users

Ha,for smack down 3d, a well powered logo 500 will eat a trex 600 or 700 for lunch !
A logo 600, well, that's not even fair.

The rex's feel pretty soft power wise, and heavy weight wise, compared to the logo's.
NTM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2010, 12:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

One of the pilots at my field just exchanged his trex 600 with a Logo 600. He had one of these nearly-all-tuned Trex with an really big collection of spare parts (he could have build two further Trex). His Trex already had a VBar (with direct swash ..., no Push-Pull), electronics is the same, he uses the same batteries.
His conclusion was that he now knows what I've always said, a Logo flies much more precise than his Trex. The thing everyone says first is that the Logo doesn't produce that much noise... and he lost 300g without loosing performance or anything. Which is a performance and flight-time increase.
One thing he doesn't like about Logos is that there are nearly no tuning parts / bling / ...
-Klaus

btw.: Release date for L700 is not that soon, 600se around April 2010 -> https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=194064
Old 03-02-2010, 05:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I built my own Logo 600SE. Stretched my 600 to swing 690mm blades.. It's 3742g (8.3lbs) using 10s 4200mah.

For reference, a T-Rex 700E conversion weighs 11.5 to 12lbs.
Popsicle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2010, 05:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned User

For the 700 I around IRCHA. Fly a Logo and you will not want to fly anything else.
steffgiguere is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2010, 05:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTM View Post
Ha,for smack down 3d, a well powered logo 500 will eat a trex 600 or 700 for lunch !
A logo 600, well, that's not even fair.

The rex's feel pretty soft power wise, and heavy weight wise, compared to the logo's.
Sorry NTM...not even close to true!

Ask Dirtmagnet how bad a T700 smoked a logo 500 3 times in a row

Pilot...pilot...pilot...ya hear what I'm sayin?
Old 03-02-2010, 05:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
NTM
Registered Users

Mmmm, with equal pilots though...
I've flown my share of trex 700's... I wouldn't keep one if I were to win one in a raffle or something. It'd be sold and the money would go towards a logo.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

When will we at least see what the logo 700 looks like?
wlfk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2010, 11:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Patience people, you want it perfect don't you?

There is no ETA, they are so busy with this guys I can tell you that it will be good. I myself know very little, but I do know that it will be an entirely different heli but will fall in line of what we know and like about the Logo line indeed. When or "if" I heard something I could tell you I will, but at this time there is no ETA and no hard information that can be released to the public sorry.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:24 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Can we get one of these threads made into a sticky? Seems like a new one pops up every few hours.
gravydrive is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2010, 10:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team-MAYHEM View Post
Sorry NTM...not even close to true!

Ask Dirtmagnet how bad a T700 smoked a logo 500 3 times in a row

Pilot...pilot...pilot...ya hear what I'm sayin?
Yeah, this is quite true! It is a powerhouse... In a drag race, the 700 will simply pull away from a Logo 500. Not sure how MAYHEM's Logo 600 stretch would have done vs. his Rex though... that would be interesting.... it would be pretty close i think.

The REAL question is when MAYHEM is coming back to the Logo camp???? The 700 is coming!! I know he wants the TT tail in a Logo!!
Old 03-03-2010, 03:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

HA, most people has said the logo would kill the trexs. I am going to save up and wait for the logo 700. Hopefully it will be released during the summer, so I can get some nice weather to fly.

Also, do you guys think there will be some major changes of the logo 700? The thing I am concerned about is the servo control arm. Like trex 600 n 700. They have nice control arms, I think it is better for logo to make some improvement. The single control arm is weak, especially for large heli like the logo 600 or the unknown logo 700.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Direct servo to swash is in fact the best, a linkage, rocker system is actually degrading it so I am assuming they will not likely make this change no.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtmagnet400 View Post
Yeah, this is quite true! It is a powerhouse... In a drag race, the 700 will simply pull away from a Logo 500. Not sure how MAYHEM's Logo 600 stretch would have done vs. his Rex though... that would be interesting.... it would be pretty close i think.

The REAL question is when MAYHEM is coming back to the Logo camp???? The 700 is coming!! I know he wants the TT tail in a Logo!!
In a speed run, though, the Logo 600 would hold its own... Ask Kyle Dahl about it. He flew his Logo 600 in last year's LA3D and beat everyone else's heli in the speed run. There were T700Ns, T700Es, Auroras, etc. entered.
ElectricSheep is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2010, 05:36 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think comparing different sizes doesn't make much sense. There's really no chance for a 600 to win against a comparable for it's class equipped 700 class machine with comparable pilots. It's simply a question of physical laws.
The speed-flying event where Jan Henseleit reached 233km/h is a good example for that... there's simple no chance for a 600-class machine. But if you take a "not that good" pilot with 700-class machine and a good pilot with a 600-class, a 600-class has a good chance to win. There were several other TDRs which didn't even come close to Henseleit or other 700-class machines.
Anyone who stretched his logo or tried different blades sizes knows that with every cm you add to your diameter (as long as your power system is up to its task) you get an increase.
My Logo was born as L500 with 553mm blades and now is stretched to 600SE with 693mm. Of course a power system has to grow too. I began at 6s and now I'm at 12s...
-Klaus
Old 03-04-2010, 07:48 AM   #16 (permalink)
NTM
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceHuang View Post
HA, most people has said the logo would kill the trexs. I am going to save up and wait for the logo 700.
But, they do "kill" trex's. Absolutely.
For hard 3d there's no comparison.
Your talking about a heli that's 3 pounds lighter than a trex 700, with as much as triple the horsepower of the trex 700.
Doesn't take a rocket scientist to work that formula out....
Old 03-04-2010, 08:29 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Your talking about a heli that's 3 pounds lighter than a trex 700, with as much as triple the horsepower of the trex 700.

That it is a very impressive power to weight ratio. I was going to mod my trex 600 to a 3d machine, but now, im going to fix it as an AP ship. And get a logo 700 for 3d use. I am training 3d on a trex 450, sometimes on the 600. Do you think I will be able to do the same 3d I do on trex 450 n 600 on a logo600? I know there is a different curve from the flybar to flybarless, especially with v-bar.

Thank you
Old 03-04-2010, 09:21 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Maybe there's some confusion, but I was talking about a T-Rex 700E, not Nitro.... 12S 5000's, Jive ESC, V-Bar, and X-Era motor on the 700...

T-Rex 700N is not in the same league as any of the above..we all know that.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
NTM
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceHuang View Post
That it is a very impressive power to weight ratio. I was going to mod my trex 600 to a 3d machine, but now, im going to fix it as an AP ship. And get a logo 700 for 3d use. I am training 3d on a trex 450, sometimes on the 600. Do you think I will be able to do the same 3d I do on trex 450 n 600 on a logo600? I know there is a different curve from the flybar to flybarless, especially with v-bar.

Thank you
The main things you'll notice with the v-bar is that it's very agile, and yet at the same time, very stable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtmagnet400 View Post
Maybe there's some confusion, but I was talking about a T-Rex 700E, not Nitro.... 12S 5000's, Jive ESC, V-Bar, and X-Era motor on the 700...

T-Rex 700N is not in the same league as any of the above..we all know that.
Ahhh, that's better.
I was thinking you or your 500 needed a tune up, lol

And as far as the 700n not being in the same league, Bruce didn't know that,,,, but now he does !
Old 03-05-2010, 06:14 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Ahhh, that's better.
I was thinking you or your 500 needed a tune up, lol

And as far as the 700n not being in the same league, Bruce didn't know that,,,, but now he does !
I DO need a tune-up! And my 500 is getting there....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in