Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System

Align 3G FBL System Align 3G FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2010, 12:39 PM   #21 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbersoul View Post
nice landings. sounds very powerful too.
Stock motor ... ~20% increase in efficiency due to FBL ...
ChrisH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2010, 02:22 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob O View Post
I get closer to pulling the trigger as each day goes by!!!!
Well.. perhaps.. but really I would not trust someones glowing review when they have the words "team align" in their sig for obvious reasons. We need some some regular Joe reviews.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:28 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think most dealers have these in stock now. There should be some more feedbacks soon.

There has been a lot of discussion in overseas message boards, as the product has been available for over a week now. So far I have not seen one complaint about anything.

This is going to sell like hot cakes...
steph280 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2010, 07:42 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

mine will be delivered tomorrow.
rubbersoul is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2010, 05:58 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I see that we can use sub trim after the initial setup, and then restart DIR procedure.

But what about the Travel Adjust, ( Limit or ATV) on every servo ? How do we level the swash on low, mid and high stick?

LOGO 400 VBar | LOGO 500SE VBar | Trex 600N LE VBar
Primus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2010, 06:01 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Forget it, I've found on the manual. It is the same procedure.
First you have to setup zeroed, and then you add subtrim and limits, and then DIR procedure again.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:15 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
First you have to setup zeroed, and then you add subtrim and limits, and then DIR procedure again.
I don't understand this. DIR is the first step in the setup procedure. So why do one setup without the needed subtrim/ATV first and once again with the swash in level? Why not just do a setup with the swash in level (with subtrim/atv correct set)? What is the difference?
Old 01-20-2010, 11:06 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sorry, what i mean is IF you first setup zeroed, then after, if you're using subtrim or travel adjust, you have to reset DIR.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:59 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default 3G setup

1. The DIR setting mode in the 3G system will only record the subtrim position. If subtrim is not changed, there is no need to return to the DIR setup mode. But the digital trim on the TX must be zeroed every time the DIR setup is performed.

You dont have to zero the subtrim every time you enter the DIR menu.... I just leave my sub trim set the way it is when I re do the cyclic limits to increase or decrease them.

During setup in DIR, the cyclic servo endpoints should be left at 100%, as the 3G only requires that the swash be level at 0 degrees, via adjustments to the subtrims and mechanical setup.

No changes to the endpoints from 100% is recommended at setup or after flight trimming.

2. After DIR setting is completed, the only TX setting changes allowed for aileron and elevator are:

A) Digital TX trim

B) D/R

C) EXPO

D) SWASH AFR (futaba) or Cyclic swash mix(JR/Spektrum)% This is for adjusting the ail/ele response speed rate, it does not affect the ail/ele end point limit, no need to re-enter DIR

The AFR (cyclic swash mix) will only decrease the cyclic rate... If you set your DIR limits at example 60% and the helicopter rolls to slow increasing just the AFR will not increase the roll speed. You must redo the DIR limits at the higher value... But you may turn the AFRs down to decrease the roll/elevator speeds.

E) Collective Swash Mix (JR/Spektrum) to set overall max pitch

3. During actual flights, multiple flight conditions (IE normal and aerobatics) with different digital TX trims can be used to trim the heli for level inverted/normal hover.

4. The maximum pitched allowed for both collective and cyclic is 14 degrees. But since not everyone needs that much pitch, we recommend 12 degrees. This value is also the result of Alan Szabo’s recommendation after numerous tests, which is a good balance between smooth and fast flying characteristics. But of course you could also set the cyclic pitch to your liking.

5. The manual skipped elevator swash mix percentage setting because the system automatically sets a cyclic ring based on aileron swash mix percentage setting. (This renders the SWASH RING function useless on the TX.) So only aileron setting is needed, setup to the elevator swash mix will have no effect to the 3G system.

Thanks steph and alan, I hope I got it straight.

XFC 2006/7/8/11

Last edited by Leon Luke; 01-22-2010 at 10:27 PM.. Reason: do not adjust cyclic servo endpoints
Leon Luke is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in