Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Genius CP

Genius CP Walkera Genius CP Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2013, 05:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Need Help Binding

So i recently bought a brand new genius cp v1 and have no idea how to bind it to my devo 7e controller. I Also have problems with my v2 it will initialize the first little twitch but nothing moves yet and then it just blinks and nothing else happens....

Thanks Red
Rondadahonda is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2013, 09:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Rondadahonda!
we might need a bit more info to help here! to begin with... have you set up 2 different models on your devo for both your birds? you'll need to, they'll fly very differently! secondly... did you follow the manual for setting up pitch and throttle curves for your v2?(which i think you had first) if you are getting that servo "twitch"(the main blades will twitch) that is the helicopter binding.. that's a good thing!
maybe some video of what is happening with your v2 and posting your pitch and throttle curves would be helpful...... also when you've bound your V2, if you move the cyclic, do the blade move?..... if they do, check the main motor plug, andalso the wires going intothe motor... they break very easily!

As for your V1..... lets just leave that and get you flying with one, then sort out the other!
Old 11-11-2013, 07:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sorry for the crappy description.

So the V2 binds(twitches) but thats it i have no control over the blades (cyclic) my guess is something happened to the board overnight... flew it one day and did fine maybe crashed it but then the next day doesn't work.

My pitch and throttle curves are the stock ones they tell you to use and they work for me for now i guess. Ill try and get a video up never done youtube posting..

Thanks Red
Old 11-11-2013, 10:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

hmm i guess my last post didnt show up....

sorry for the crappy explanation

so my heli will (bind) because it twitches but after that i cant get the blades to move like it should (cyclic). I flew it the other day put it up and the next day its like this.. I think its a bad board but i know nothing about this stuff......

my pitch and throttle curves are stock that the manual has.

Ill try and post up a video showing what happens.

Thanks Red
Old 11-18-2013, 06:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Videos

Genius CP V2 Binding Problems (0 min 40 sec)

Genius CP V2 Help (0 min 31 sec)
Old 11-19-2013, 04:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

hmmm... have you ever had a fixed ID on that genius? even if you haven't, use the bind plug, to clear any "fixed id weirdness" then try binding again, the red flashing light means that it is searching for something to link with, with a little luck, this might help!
Old 11-24-2013, 07:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Still nothing im about to give up on this little heli..... Any one else have any idea?
Old 11-24-2013, 08:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am even willing to ship this lil SOB to someone to fix. This is my first heli and no one can help me fix my problem so I'm bummed about this thing

Thanks Red
Old 11-25-2013, 10:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Before you freak out...

Have you verified that you have a fully-charged, known healthy battery in it? When my batteries get old enough, the unit will do as you describe... they'll initialize, then the heli goes into low-voltage shutdown and does nothing except blink at me, even after I've just charged them.

The next thing... try starting a brand-new model from scratch. Re-bind the heli. Then rebuild the profile using the settings from one of the many posts in the "Usefil Links" post stickied to the top of this forum:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=467617

If you need help getting the head squared up, I go over that in detail in my Axius CP build Log; while it is about building an Axe 100 CP with a Genius CP mainboard, the way the heli THINKS is the same, so programming the TX and leveling the swash is the same process.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...ighlight=axius

Also, I have a LOT of technical information on the design of the GCP in my "BatS**t Crazy Genius CP" thread which may be of use to you:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=527702

Good luck and may the Devo Gods have mercy on you in this Holiday Season,

mnem
Spoon!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in