Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Atom 6HV, 6HVU and 550 Ultimate

Atom 6HV, 6HVU and 550 Ultimate Compass Atom 6HV, 6HVU and 550 Ultimate Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2015, 08:51 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

I put the Savox in mine, and had so much rotor speed and power it would make the Jive fault. I could go to a larger ESC and get the capability, but not sure it's worth doing for my sake. Having flown it a bit more now, I don't see this machine as a powerhouse model. Not sure, but maybe disc loading is too light to run crazy high rotor speeds. I tried running a set of 600mm FBL blades on it, and it wasn't much different. Hard to quantify, but my experience so far is this model doesn't excel at hard stops and smack moves. Do others disagree?
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2015, 01:40 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Stumped....

Alright guys, I finally got to change out the pinion to a 10T AND also swapped out the 70A HW for the 120A. I initially started with the governor high setting and TC set to 97 per the calculator for a HS of 2250 (97T main gear) at spool up the 120 has the same kick start issue the 70 had (I already knew this was a problem but it wasn't bad enough to hurt anything). I had also install a new set of Mavrick 620 FBL blades

At almost full speed the tail started to wag REALLY bad and was nearly uncontrollable so I tried reducing gyro gains went almost down to 20% got a little better but not gone.

Things I tried:
1) Switched back to Rail 606 blades
2) disabled HW gov mode(switched back to V curves in TX)
3) switched a tail blade I had on backwards
4) tighten the belt a bit
5) Disabled the Spirit Gain multiplier
6) Checked tail mechanics everything is moving smoothly

Nothing has made a difference...could just switching an ESC and making a pinion change cause this?

Now keep in mind this was flying great before I realized the pinion was to big just to much head speed.

thoughts??

Team Flybar & "Less" now
LubeMan1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2015, 01:09 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just had the same problem(s)

Setting up an SK i had a bad yaw all over the place had to hit TH, turns out tail gain was at 10% and i had missed a step in setup

Second ihad a fast wag more like a buzz , only in gov mode , finally set gov to 25% all is fine now.
mrultralite is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in