Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2008, 05:03 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Am impressed and deeply envious of your progress!! I can't even hover my lawn mower at the moment!!!!!!! Looking fwd to the vids...

Mike
Futaba 14SG,
helihathnofury is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2008, 06:59 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Your near Derby? Awesome, will have to sort something out about meeting up for a weekend fly sometime whilst the weathers good?

I would seriously recomend the EXI as a next upgrade, I was absolubtly stunned by the stability and response from it. I mean the belt is a good heli, but the EXI/Trex se v2 are just in a different league.
I havnt crashed it yet so not sure on how it holds up, but in flight its great. Either one of these or a real SE V2 is a must! I'm sure most exact clones of the trex will also fly very similar but have not had experience with them.
I think tommorow is a day of learning inverted - with many loops/rols thrown in. with a bit of wind here my flying is still a little floppy in places, but its getting there. I should have the videos sent to me any day now to put on you tube
Old 04-16-2008, 12:47 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Sounds great bro

Yeah my belt has Copter X head and tail and DTS that improved it no end

All the best Ian
Ian 777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2008, 08:39 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Had a bit of bad luck today. I ordered from my hk seller rc711 the futaba 7c 2.4g for 206 eur. He warned my that it had no CE label so I had to cancel my order and he refunded me but now I am still without radio . Can any one of you guy's direct me to a good (cheap) seller for a 7c 2.4g with a CE label ?
I am awaiting all of my bling bling and it would be a shame to fly it without the new radio
Old 04-16-2008, 08:57 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That word "cheap" immediately ejects the UK from the shopping market!!!!!!!! Nothing is cheap here. Best I could find a 2.4 F7C was for around £240!!!

Ouch!!!!!

Mike
Futaba 14SG,
Old 04-16-2008, 10:58 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Mike
How is the hand comming along ? Hope it is healing well.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:16 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

I best post tonights progress - almost 8 weeks into flying now, and sod the loops/rolls!
the last couple of days whilst doing loops etc i have tried holding the heli at the top inverted for 10 seconds or so, but today i thought f**k it. About 20ft high, rolled it over, and got the heli stable upside down, held it there for around 20-30 seconds and put it back to normal. Within the next battery I am now able to inverted hover untill the button is sooooo close to the floor i get scared incase i clip the rotors and bring it back up!
Really pleased!
Old 04-16-2008, 02:31 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You young, Well coordinated Wippersnapper you.

You'll make Brian total his Trex trying to keep up with you.

Well done and all the best mate

In contrast I'm just starting to get to grips with hovering fully nose in!

Limiting factor Im down to 2 lipos now and the Heli has developed an annoying glitch
(see Help my heli is sick) Also Im 2.3 times a s old as you

Keep it up Grant
Old 04-16-2008, 03:30 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cheers!
Wheres Brian got to? i bet he's crashed his new se V2 and too upset to post anything!
Ive honestly only learned to do proper nose-in, loops,rolls,inverted since i had my first big smash with the belt just over 2 weeks ago!
Old 04-16-2008, 03:34 PM   #30 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by psilo View Post
Hey Mike,

I am enjoying it here, 1st time in middle east so quite an adventure. Just wish I could have a beer . There was a dust devil here earlier which was mental, sand everywhere even in the apartment! Then massive thunderstorms.

Cheers

Gerd
you have apartments??? dag gonnit no wonder taxes are so high
DierWolf is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2008, 04:07 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant_beltcp View Post
Cheers!
Wheres Brian got to? i bet he's crashed his new se V2 and too upset to post anything!
Ive honestly only learned to do proper nose-in, loops,rolls,inverted since i had my first big smash with the belt just over 2 weeks ago!
No mate he's fine he's just 'busy' over there whatever horrors that may conceal!
Old 04-17-2008, 01:33 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian 777 View Post
Hi everyone

Who thinks it would be good to use this thread for new pilots to post their progress, milestones, setbacks and triumphs?

A someone who has only been flying for a couple of months I know that the inspiration I have received from other learners who are more advanced than I, has been invaluable.

To see someone else succeed in something you are attempting can really help give you the confidence to persist.

Also problems shared can help overcome discouragement
Aren't we just the little instigator though, aren't we?

Location - maps.google.com> -17.531951,-149.556262> satellite view> under the mango tree
wibble is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2008, 01:36 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by helihathnofury View Post
PS Got fed up on the "other" forum , and told them to grow up, stop being so touchy and not treat it like a kindergarten playground. Needless to say, it was removed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mike
Now where have I heard something similar before? Oh yeah ............

Location - maps.google.com> -17.531951,-149.556262> satellite view> under the mango tree
Old 04-17-2008, 01:48 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thing is Mike it's so much better to deal with real people than cold facts, it puts all the knowledge and info in context.

I do wonder though If we need to keep certain threads for socialializing etc. I don't mean exclusively,
but mixed in with all the poo at the other site was a valid point about confusing the info threads and making them hard to find the pertinent bits when you needed to sort something.

I say this as one of the chief culprits. I want to have a great laugh with my mates, to share their triumphs and setbacks, and to get really good at flying helicopters. this forum can provide all that. We have an absolute wealth of expert knowlege and a bunch of interesting articulate and fairly excentric people here

What are your views
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ber60 View Post
Hi guy's

Perhaps we can ask our moderators piont of view on this matter. I believe they are the best persons to give us advise in keeping this forum pleasurable for every one (we do tend to hijack alot )

Just my 2 cents
Quote:
I know Dierwolf suggested keeping Chit chat to the Belt CP owners thread but that seems to have slipped.

I Think it ought to be easy enough to self regulate, it's fairly clear which threads are addressing serious issues and we should respect that.

Feel free to use this thread for 'banter' If any one has 'progress to report ' I'm sure it will still be received by an appreciative audience.

Sorry about your crash Gerd they do fly much better without the training gear though dont they? I nearly did the same thing a couple of days ago when I flew through the sun at speed, fortunately I remembered that the heli knows how to fly on its own and waited till I could see it again before giving any control input
I would bet that the moderators look in from time to time and realize that they are hosts to adults indulging in a fabulously interesting hobby who season their serious side with a little adult humour. We must forget about past oppression and repression and appreciate this newly found "home" for what it is. "Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect"! I have yet to see anywhere on this site members who do not adhere to this credo!

and don't you just love this 'multiquote' feature? Oh the superiority of it all

ZINGWOBBLER, BACK ME UP MAN!! Don't just stand there looking gobsmacked!

Old 04-17-2008, 02:43 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thinking of changing my handle to "George Orwell"!! How you doing Martin?
Futaba 14SG,
Old 04-17-2008, 03:06 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very well indeed thanks Squire , albeit a bit busy with "chopping wood and carrying water" at present time. What was that George Orwell thing? Oh that's right! came after our hayday in '76

Old 04-17-2008, 04:14 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibble View Post
I would bet that the moderators look in from time to time and realize that they are hosts to adults indulging in a fabulously interesting hobby who season their serious side with a little adult humour. We must forget about past oppression and repression and appreciate this newly found "home" for what it is. "Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect"! I have yet to see anywhere on this site members who do not adhere to this credo!

and don't you just love this 'multiquote' feature? Oh the superiority of it all

ZINGWOBBLER, BACK ME UP MAN!! Don't just stand there looking gobsmacked
Oh er yes General absolutely old chap, Just shake orf the past wot. all these sensible fellows over here.... not to be compared to the consumate loonies who were constantly blathering on about Irrelevent nonsense over there!!!

Still feel a little shell shocked though, Simply awful think that while we were happily wetting our selves with joyous laughter,
in the glorious fellowship of our exceedingly relevent and important pos topics.....

Malicious eye's, green with virulent hatred and burning with fury, were preparing to wreak havoc on our idylic oasis.

(Colonel Zingwobbler shudders visibly at the recollection as if the room has become chilled)

Yours very respectfully

Colonel R.J.Zingwobbler

Old 04-17-2008, 05:11 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What was all that rubbish we put up with on the "other" site?
Copyright, my 4rse

Mike
Futaba 14SG,
Old 04-17-2008, 11:10 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Oh er yes General absolutely old chap, Just shake orf the past wot. all these sensible fellows over here.... not to be compared to the consumate loonies who were constantly blathering on about Irrelevent nonsense over there!!!

Still feel a little shell shocked though, Simply awful think that while we were happily wetting our selves with joyous laughter,
in the glorious fellowship of our exceedingly relevent and important pos topics.....

Malicious eye's, green with virulent hatred and burning with fury, were preparing to wreak havoc on our idylic oasis.

(Colonel Zingwobbler shudders visibly at the recollection as if the room has become chilled)

Yours very respectfully

Colonel R.J.Zingwobbler
Uhm, I agree, I think, I mean, if you're talking about what I think you're talking about, Uhmm, I'm confused... My wife's here with my meds.....
mnwizard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2008, 01:58 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey guys,

Sorry...It's been busy over here. The 'hobby' has taken a backseat during the week.

Flew RC last sunday (stupidly) it was crazy windy, but I flew anyway.

Wanted to try idle-up and get used to it, as flips and loops are not far away. Only flew 3 batteries as on the third one (and I am not making this up) I watched a couple 4 foot x 8 foot sheets of plywood go flying off the top of a shipping container in the wind. It was then that I decided I was just going to owe someone money before the day was over with. I wouldn't even call it flying...it was 'hovering ugly'.

Just something to note...when you guys are ready to move to idle up...make sure your battery can handle it. I had a 15c 2150 DN Power battery that got really hot and puffed up, and I think its ruined now. And I wasn't doing anything crazy. Just hovering in idle up, and I gave it full positive and negative stick a couple times to see how the heli responded in idle up and how well the logitech/futaba gyro would hold the tail. I could tell it was bogging when I hit full throttle on the 15c. (the 20c Align battery wasn't like that)
Anyways..I landed because my lipo monitor was flashing red at the 3 minute mark and the esc was cutting power. The battery was pretty hot and swelled up. I kept an eye on it, the swelling went down considerably, but it is still a little 'soft'

I'm charging it right now and watching it, going to try flying it on Sunday to see how it does. (nothing but mild circuits with this one) I got 2 new KongPower 2200 25c's that I will be using for idle up flying. Moral of the story. Don't thrash a 15c battery flying it in idle up. It won't last long.

Cheers,
Brian

T-Rex 600 GF, 600XL, Stock ESC, 11t, Align DS610's, s9251,GY601 gyro, AR6200, ZIPPY 6s1P FOREVER!
testpilot58d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in