Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Century

Century Century Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 08:09 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default G20 LT CF test hovered

Hi everyone. I am a little stoked at the moment. I finally got to test my first gasser. I do have a question though

I have noticed very high vibrations, enough to pull a screw of the tail support bracket where the tail support boom attaches. I appears to calm down once i go into idle up (only normal and idle up 1 on my dx7s). Could the lower head speeds in normal be inducing the vibes or should I be looking at something else? Suggestions?

My quark with 1mm thick tape appears to be working exceptionally well with very fast piro rates. I double checked the balance on my 640mm rotortech blades and they are good. I see the vibrations in the skids but more in the tail support booms and tail fin.

Here is to hope that one of you have the answer so I can start pushing this thing past a hover today.

James
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2012, 10:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good job on the first hover. I cant say for sure but where are your needles set at. I put a little CA on my screws going into plastic.

Ted

I always have fun. Some times are more fun than others.
I can't remember half the crap I forgot.
strat1960s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hi, the engine is running smooth and pulls nice in a climb out. I to put ca on the screws that went into plastic. Just tracked the blades. On normal I see vibes all over and in idle up I see vibes where the cdi mounts and some in the tail fin. I am running 100-35-32.5-35-100 in idle up, and 0-20-23-25-100 in normal for a throttle curve.

I do love how it handles, but I do have to move some items up front to balance it better. A bit tail heavy. Once my wife is home I will get her to video it so you can see/hear it if it isn't dark out by then. 4th tank down, averaging 15 min per tank. Not sure what is normal. Can't wait for my tm1000 to show up so I can tell what rpm it is running at.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-20-2012, 01:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Congrats James!! Glad to hear your maiden went well. My NX had a lot of tail vibes at first as well, but they seemed to settle down after a few flights. Can't wait to see your video and/or pics ....

-John
FR4-Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 02:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Video will probably be done the first of the week. I have to work the next 3 days 12hr shifts then I am off for the holidays. It is already getting dark today and my wife is not off work yet. I will post some video as soon as I can get out with me.

Old 12-20-2012, 02:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

You might go through and recheck thrust bearing tightness after a few flights I had some the loosen up, I'm thinking that they may not have been seated fully and after a couple of flights things loosened up. Since its a new build the bearings probably needed to work out some of the lubricant in them, break-in. i'm all electric now as I'm new to the RC but would love to get a gasser in the near future to replace some of them. Would love the longer flight times.
I've been hearing that the Centrury gassers are pretty decent helis? Sounds like you approve. What kind of money is a person looking at for a complete build, well less receiver and gyro?
KSHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 02:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have 1700 into this one. Running all savox servo's, hwc cdi, life pack for rx, nimh on the cdi, quark, ar8000rx. I had the rx and quark (stole the gyro off my mini titan).

I like the G20 lt cf model. Build was smooth and straight forward. I am landing at 16 min with 1/4 of a tank left. I did not check to see where you are from but Dennis has given me exceptional customer service from thehelifarm.com . I have called several times to ask questions and he always answers them the best he can.

Going from electric myself I am loving the flight times. My friends don't like them though, since we seldom fly two at once here. Once I get my tm1000 or ar7110r I will be better able to get the hs I want and maximize flight times just from not over reving and burning the extra fuel.

It feels so nice and smooth compared to my agile mini titan. It does climb out fast at 11 deg of pitch.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I can't do anything until late spring or into the summer, I just purchased 2- HC3sX's on the Black Friday deals. One for my Trex 500 to learn the setup and push myself and one for the Trex 700E 3G FBL.

Bought the Trex 700E V1 ICE2 120 HV Align servos 610's and I believe 620 tail ( was still in the box unassembled). Purchased on a deal and converted to FBL, sold the complete FB head never assembled, soon to be HC3sX. I have hovered around the extra lot I have about 6 times. I only have one set of batteries for it though and light flights of 7 minutes. So a gasser and 20 minute flight times would be great to help with the learning curve. I live in the NorthCentral Kansas area 45 minutes NW of Salina, KS which is the middle of heli nowhere KS.

I may wait for IRCHA this next summer, right now I'm planning on attending, maybe I can find a deal on one there and just try to sell the Trex 700 and put the cash towards the gasser. Never Crashed if you know anyone interested in one. I'd sell without the HC unit though but would include the 3G plus the programming dongle etc. $1200 with 2 Turnigy 5000mah bats, have to check the C rating but probably only 25C

Enjoy the gasser though, one final question are you burning the Coleman camp stove gas in it?
Jim.
KSHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-20-2012, 04:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes just to keep the smell of gas out of the house. I hear you on deals. I bought my g20 with the free hwc motor. Saved me about 400 bucks. The hc3sx are suppose to work very well on gassers.

Old 12-22-2012, 09:22 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

digger what are your head speeds? are you using the stock metal boom support rods? you might want to go to the carbon with metal ends for the predator and secure the one end to the bolts for the rear skids. also check all the bolts/screws after the first couple of flights also check the belt tension for the tail rotor. on my g20 the t/r belt kept loosening till i pinned the t/r bracket and metal support rods kept breaking and i also broke the part that the boom supports attatch to under the tray. enjoy its a fun heli to fly.
geomecc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2012, 09:56 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I won't know the headspeeds until I get my hands on the tm1000 and ei stator gator. Currently just running curves until it shows up in the new year. Already did the belt and screw check after the 3rd tank. I only found one loose bolt and I made sure it wasn't coming loose again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in