Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > FMA/Revolectrix Product Support

FMA/Revolectrix Product Support FMA/Revolectrix Factory Product Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 07:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Upgrading from v1.47 CP II

Hi!
I'm setting up the CP II on my T500 for AP stuff, and the version on my CP II seems quite old.
Are there real advantages of upgrading? I would have to get the link for that...

Thanks
Luis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2012, 08:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi_tuga View Post
Hi!
I'm setting up the CP II on my T500 for AP stuff, and the version on my CP II seems quite old.
Are there real advantages of upgrading? I would have to get the link for that...

Thanks
Luis
Hi Luis,

If you are getting the HD (Hard Deck) module then yes you would need to update CPII but if you are not installing the HD module then the version 1.47 will do you just fine.
PowerLab 8
jdd1 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2012, 08:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks.
I guess i won't need HD for AP.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Not even for its Altitude Hold mode?
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2012, 05:42 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jperkosk View Post
Not even for its Altitude Hold mode?
It may not be stable enough to use in an AP ship. I'm not sure how precise it will hold it's altitude though as mine is literally arriving tonight
I'm guessing it won't lock in perfectly at the given hard deck height...like, if a gust of wind hit it from above while hovering at the hard deck line I think it will get pushed down and slowly come back. Maybe this is a gain that can be set?...not sure quite yet. Maybe it would be a good altitude holder for AP.
SKYQUEST is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2012, 10:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Altitude Hold mode:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYQUEST View Post
It may not be stable enough to use in an AP ship. I'm not sure how precise it will hold it's altitude though as mine is literally arriving tonight
I'm guessing it won't lock in perfectly at the given hard deck height...like, if a gust of wind hit it from above while hovering at the hard deck line I think it will get pushed down and slowly come back. Maybe this is a gain that can be set?...not sure quite yet. Maybe it would be a good altitude holder for AP.
Hi Guys,

Please read or reread page #6 in the Hard Deck user manual. You will find there an in-depth description of how and what to expect from the Altitude Hole mode.
PowerLab 8
jdd1 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2012, 11:39 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdd1 View Post
Hi Guys,

Please read or reread page #6 in the Hard Deck user manual. You will find there an in-depth description of how and what to expect from the Altitude Hole mode.
I will once it gets here...UPS tracking says 'out for delivery'
My eyes are peeled on the front window (lol)
Old 10-10-2012, 11:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I will once it gets here...UPS tracking says 'out for delivery'
My eyes are peeled on the front window (lol)
Let me know if you need any help, we are only 5.5 hours away! I will be on the road to Mexico then I could swing by on the way home!
Seriously, if you need any help just give me a holla.
"A Veteran -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to: 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life." __ Unknown
Howard Matos is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2012, 12:18 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Matos View Post
Let me know if you need any help, we are only 5.5 hours away! I will be on the road to Mexico then I could swing by on the way home!
Seriously, if you need any help just give me a holla.
LoL...I LOVE the support from you guys! I forget your right there in Massachusetts (right?)
Mexico huh? Sounds like vacation time to me. I'll keep ya posted...I'm sure I'll be all proud of how I somehow manage to install it on this goblin 700 and probably post pics.
Hope you get some flight time in there in Mexico Howard

-Jay
Old 10-10-2012, 01:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
LoL...I LOVE the support from you guys! I forget your right there in Massachusetts (right?)
Mexico huh? Sounds like vacation time to me. I'll keep ya posted...I'm sure I'll be all proud of how I somehow manage to install it on this goblin 700 and probably post pics.
Hope you get some flight time in there in Mexico Howard

-Jay
Please email me your pictures so I can post them on our customer talk section. Send a write up with your information and equipment with it also. We are actually 5.5 hours in the opposite direction, Maryland. Jerry is making me go down to him to pick up the bottle of Mezcal he promised me, then back to the North. I do have to stop by and see Rich one of these days, I owe him a flying wing. Although not sure how it will work out for him as he won't be able to hover this one!
"A Veteran -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to: 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life." __ Unknown
Howard Matos is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2012, 01:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

ote=Howard Matos;4356049]Please email me your pictures so I can post them on our customer talk section. Send a write up with your information and equipment with it also. We are actually 5.5 hours in the opposite direction, Maryland. Jerry is making me go down to him to pick up the bottle of Mezcal he promised me, then back to the North. I do have to stop by and see Rich one of these days, I owe him a flying wing. Although not sure how it will work out for him as he won't be able to hover this one![/quote]

And that from the man who has the ultimate skills of the leading cutting edge flybar technology

nightflyr is online now        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2012, 05:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Mexico huh? Sounds like vacation time to me.
Shhhhh Jay, you want his boss to find out?
Trex 700N Pro fbl, 600N Pro x 2, 450SE v1, 250 v2 fbl, Compass 6HV fbl, Blade 450x, 400, 300x, 130x, mCPx, 120SR, mQx, mSR, Rotor Concepts HPQ1, Walkera CB180Q, CB100, Novus FP, CP, Esky Hunter, Big Lama.
jperkosk is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2012, 02:51 PM   #13 (permalink)

Cool...I actually started taking pics. I got this wired and set so the 'break away boom' can still have that function should this bird ever crash. I got the pigtails of all 3 sensors set where they would cleanly pull out along w/ the tail servo in a crash. The tube pops out @ the tail pushrod guide hole (no modding was necessary!) I even managed to install w/o removing anything except the lipos too.
PM me w/ your email Howard and I'll get pics and a write up of how I got this so nicely installed in the SAB Goblin 700. Gota love this boom...really conceals a lot that you will se on a standard heli w/ brace struts. The canopy design does a great job of this too.

Should I change stick priority or gains for stability at all? I remember seeing someone saying something about stick priority...dont remember where or what it was that was mentioned. Put it to zero or something? I didnt w/o HD...hmmm
Old 10-11-2012, 04:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Cool...I actually started taking pics. I got this wired and set so the 'break away boom' can still have that function should this bird ever crash. I got the pigtails of all 3 sensors set where they would cleanly pull out along w/ the tail servo in a crash. The tube pops out @ the tail pushrod guide hole (no modding was necessary!) I even managed to install w/o removing anything except the lipos too.
PM me w/ your email Howard and I'll get pics and a write up of how I got this so nicely installed in the SAB Goblin 700. Gota love this boom...really conceals a lot that you will se on a standard heli w/ brace struts. The canopy design does a great job of this too.

Should I change stick priority or gains for stability at all? I remember seeing someone saying something about stick priority...dont remember where or what it was that was mentioned. Put it to zero or something? I didnt w/o HD...hmmm
Hi:

Might want to bookmark it this time???

https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...11&postcount=6
Tim Marks is offline        Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in