Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2014, 12:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tarot 500 with Tarot DFC Head

Howdy,

I picked up a 500 tarot kit with a bunch of different parts a couple months back on the forums here. I'm finally getting around to putting it together but i'm not sure what parts are compatible exactly.

Right now I have the Tarot FBL Head, a tarot FB swashplate that looks like this and a few mini hyperion servos.

I don't have any of the metal balls for the servo horns and i'm not sure if the linkage rods or ball links I have from the tarot 500 kit will work. I think It's the same thing as what comes in an ESP kit... but I don't have them in front of me.

So my questions I guess are...

First is it worth it to get an align DFC swashplate to go with the Tarot DFC head or will the stock one work perfectly fine?

Secondly will the linkage rods and links from the ESP kit work as-is? I'm looking at the different 500 links/rods and the balls seem to vary between M2.5 and M2. I almost got this M2 ball pack but the DFC head says the balls on it are M2.5.

I have to pick up some parts at helidirect today so i'm hoping I can just grab what I need (if anything) from them. Thanks for any help! - i'm not used to dealing with a mishmash of parts or missing parts in a kit... but it's what i've got.
Brandon123s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2014, 11:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I can answer the swash question. I used a 'normal' swash for years on my Tarot 500 ESP to Align DFC conversion. It worked fine. I damamged the swash in a crash and bought the DFC swash. The linkage arms are a bear to get off. I don't notice any dofference in flight. If I ever buy another swash it will be the normal type.
Old 09-07-2014, 07:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks Ronm. I never understood the align angled ball dfc swash design.

I picked up some efl rods and I think the ball links are basically the same aside from thread size. The FB rods are way too long.
Brandon123s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2014, 08:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

The angled DFC swash is designed that way so centrifugal forces can't pull the links off the swash. That could be a problem if you are running really high headspeeds, or if your links are too loose.
Gladius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2014, 09:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladius View Post
The angled DFC swash is designed that way so centrifugal forces can't pull the links off the swash. That could be a problem if you are running really high headspeeds, or if your links are too loose.
+1
reALIGNed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in