Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger 30/50 > Titan X50

Titan X50 Thunder Tiger Titan X50 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2013, 11:29 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

IIRC, everything up front is in the same boat flex wise. The E model has a rear gyro tray. Maybe it can be retrofit to other versions.

Regardless, everything seems ok with this setup. So far.
Don S is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2013, 10:44 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Annoyingly the nitro frames slope down at the back so it can't take the gyro tray.

I can't understand why the nitro doesn't have that tray. In the scheme of things the electric version should be vibration free unlike the nitro with its single cylinder pounding away.
Andy from Sandy is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2013, 03:13 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank You Don S

Mine is mounted the same way ,I'll do the tap check on the wire and gyro and searh for more causes. I think my wire is touching the canopy in some way wich will cause a vibration too.

One question, I noticed your gyro is mounted on a 90degree angele "writing and wire" ,mine is mounted with the gyro wire on the lefthand side. Does it make any difference wich way the writing on the gyro face?

By the way .like the plank

Titan X50 TT Trex600N Pro LTD Trex700N Pro Synergy N9 X-Cell Fury Tempest KDS450C Hitec Aurora9
Friedrich is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2013, 06:45 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Apart from final tweaks on the vortex fbl controller my X50 is performing really well. I have been running with a 1950 head speed.

In flight the engine, TT53 with matching pipe, sounds great. The airframe gives the engine a very nice tone unlike the awful tinny rattle you get from a T-Rex 600 with the same engine and pipe.

That little upper tray seems fine.

The fuel in the main tank seems to be a little unsettled but I wonder if it is being caused by the muffler pressure feed and the shape of the tank. Maybe someone can comment on their own X50.
Andy from Sandy is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2013, 09:01 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think my headspeed is 1900 or 1950, can't remember. My fuel really shakes at one point during spool up, but only sloshes around while flying.

As long as the gyro base is in the same plane as the axis it is controlling, it doesn't matter if it's rotated or not. Not on the GY520 at least.
Old 08-13-2013, 09:31 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You should take a look and see if the gyro sensor or wire is rubbing on the canopy being installed on the upper portion of the frame.

I had my gy401 up there and it was only about 1 or 2 mm from the canopy. the insructions show it on the lower horizontal part of the frame front. Might help...

JB
Old 08-13-2013, 10:02 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

I missed that. If his wire is pointing straight out to one side it may be rubbing for sure.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:51 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanx Guys

Ok my wire did touch the canopy, but slightly, I have also investigated further. Some of my ball links was very stiff ,it pulled the heli's nose into one direction, left. It was my throttle link and I have set that up again ,with that changed you can't think that it could had any impact on the woble. So what happend, my gyro moved with the heli's nose causing it to counter a movement. What I also did when I noticed this, I changed my servo arms to the inside like the ALIGN's with ALIGN servo wheel arms. It is much stiffer than the one's I used and it sort of had a play/bending when under pressure. The woble is completly gone now and the fuel don't foam up or shake anymore.

I'll send pics later of what I have done.

Titan X50 TT Trex600N Pro LTD Trex700N Pro Synergy N9 X-Cell Fury Tempest KDS450C Hitec Aurora9
Friedrich is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2013, 06:19 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

After some more flying I was not so happy that the engine hangs on the pipe for a bit before settling into a tick-over so I started to richen the idle until it reduced the settling time. The engine didn't sound lean and doesn't appear to run lean but I just like the engine to drop to a tick-over almost immediately I hit throttle hold.

I remembered the other day about the 3rd needle and found some old posts on its setting.

I dropped the engine out last night and mine required the needle to be wound out a little to get the right gap which might also explain why during flying I had the idle needle proud and not flush to stop it from being lean on the bottom.

Richening up the bottom end has also led to the fuel in the tank being more settled as well.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:00 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have to look into that. My fuel is visably disturbed while airborne. I also found that my tail rotor tracking was off, which I think was a bent TR hub (used heli when I bought it). I also put on slightly heavier paddles which eliminated some of the spool up wiggle I was having.

The reason for hunting down this vibration is that my tail servo is very warm when I land.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in