Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2014, 09:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 300x setup with IKon FBL for 3D?

I have been having troubles tuning the IKon on the 300x.

Has anyone gotten their setup tuned for 3D? (e.g. good roll rates, symmetric control, etc.)

With the stock 250 size settings, even in "Extreme 3D" the cyclic gain was so low it barely flew (I think it defaults to 19). I bumped it up to 45 and it flys ok, but I have another issue which is that forward rotation is extremely slow relative to backward rotation. For example, full elevator stick forward rotates extremely slow. Back elevator is ok. The swash is level and the CG is even. Any ideas on what to do?

--Ryan
ryanha is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2014, 11:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hers mine on a iKON with my settings not the basic settings.

[ame]http://youtu.be/1ZpOa1e535A[/ame]

You need to go into the advanced tab and play with cyclic rotation and tail rotation speeds.

I fly my tails on all my ikons at 750 degrees per second and I like my cyclic rotation speed set to 550 degrees per second on everything. I play with the agility depending on the size of the heli. For my trex 250 I ran around 60-70% to keep it still controllable and on my 300 I fly 70% to still have that locked in feeling. I left my cyclic gains at defaults for a 250 and tuned my tail gains for optimum tail hold.

Hope that helps a bit.
vtown nick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2014, 04:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not to intrude too much... but 550 cyclic and 750 tail is CRAZY!

I fly a bit harder than you and have my 450 set at 300 cyclic and 480 tail. Try turing down the rates and expo to 20 or zero, agility to 100 (keep in mind this is flight behavior, not speed) and give it a few flights...
Russell Harding is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2014, 09:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

On my 600X, I fly on the AR7200BX. I've got my rudder channel (piro rate) set to 135% travel and my cyclic travel (roll rate) set to 139% on my DX8. I'm not sure what piro and roll rates that equates to in degrees per second, but it's very high. It's all in how you hold and utilize the sticks, not to mention how aggressive you're flying. My 300Xs are set a little lower, but they're still pretty high.

Uriah is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2014, 10:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code3Medic View Post
Not to intrude too much... but 550 cyclic and 750 tail is CRAZY!

I fly a bit harder than you and have my 450 set at 300 cyclic and 480 tail. Try turing down the rates and expo to 20 or zero, agility to 100 (keep in mind this is flight behavior, not speed) and give it a few flights...
Anything less and I don't get the tic toc speed I like (my thumbs don't move fast enough on their own without this aide) for all my other maneuvers it doesn't seem all that crazy and I have very good habits not using anywhere near full stick travel for normal flight (thanks to the stick time flying mcpx's) the tail now days is too fast for me to do smooth full on pro style piro flips but feels great for half piro flips and möbius loops.

All personal preference at the end of the day tho I'm sure.
vtown nick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in