Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Others

Others Walkera Other Models Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2014, 03:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New blade grips for 450do3 ??

Hi guys had a small blade strick the other day and tore a ball joint off the blade grip after looking over the sites all I found was a complete head setup , you cann't just buy the blade grips on there own, has anyone tried using anything else as a replacement instead of purchasing the whole head setup ?? Would you be able to use the blade grips from a blade 4503d as I have a spare head lying around ???
Thanks for any imput watho
watho 46 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2014, 05:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

hi guys we all have walkera's 450's or others, and fly them, does anybody want to give each other a hand
you would all like your own 450 d03 forum from what I have read but nobody want's to post here, what are you going to do in the new forum ????
cheers watho
Old 09-12-2014, 01:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i think you'll find that the main reason there is hardly any posts these days dude, is because the D03 has been around for a bit now, and the only real issue is the rudder servo, and as long as you let it cool off, even that isn't too bad! Apart from that, it's just a really reliable helicopter, very few people have any real issues with it! as far as your blade grips question, sorry i don't know the answer! If you bird is grounded anyway, why not try fitting them and see?
Old 09-12-2014, 09:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks oxide
Thought the idea of a forum was to help each other out ??
Cheers watho
Old 09-12-2014, 10:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

and it is, i've had more help than you could poke a stick at! There's a good chance no-one has tried what you are proposing; thus the lack of response.

Agreed though, this forum has been veeeery quiet of late! Are there many flyers on the central coast? Lived in Woy Woy for years and didn't meet one!
Old 09-13-2014, 04:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Agreed though, this forum has been veeeery quiet of late! Are there many flyers on the central coast? Lived in Woy Woy for years and didn't meet one![/QUOTE]

Hi oxide
Went to one club near lake munmorah and no heli's still to look at gosford but last time I was there ,there Where none about 6 years ago
And now there are no hobby shops on the coast so all you have to deal with is front line ((( or the net which can be so slowwwww
That's why I post so much crap at times , this is the only help I have and my mechanics are fine but trying to get my head around the electronics is giving me migrains lol
How is tazzie treating you my wife and I just had 2 weeks in a motor home down there and loved it, lovely place
Keep it out of the dirt and enjoy
Cheers watho
Old 09-13-2014, 05:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Check this out. http://www.helipal.com/airy-dfc-flyb...450-class.html. I have a D01 and a D03. It says it fits the D03 but also fits the D01. I love the fact that you can dial it in exactly with the turnbuckles. The next time I need head parts for the D03, I will be ordering another one of these.
Big Air is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2014, 03:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome big air
That looks like the path I will go down , I have done Piet a few dealings with helipal and there not bad, I ordered my do3 Sunday lunch was fling Wednesday Arvo gota love that
Thanks again watho
Old 09-13-2014, 06:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Watho, i love living in Tassie! Gets a bit nippy over winter, but not to bad! the rest of the year is pretty glorious! If you're ever back down this way, let me know we'll have to catch up and have a fly!
Old 09-14-2014, 04:38 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Air View Post
Check this out. http://www.helipal.com/airy-dfc-flyb...450-class.html. I have a D01 and a D03. It says it fits the D03 but also fits the D01. I love the fact that you can dial it in exactly with the turnbuckles. The next time I need head parts for the D03, I will be ordering another one of these.

Thanks Big Air ordered 1 tonight and some bits and pieced of course
Cheers watho

Watho, i love living in Tassie! Gets a bit nippy over winter, but not to bad! the rest of the year is pretty glorious! If you're ever back down this way, let me know we'll have to catch up and have a fly!

Hi oxide 1
we would love to go back to tazzie not sure when we just loved it, hot sure about a fly but I am up for a hover LOL
Cheers watho
Old 09-14-2014, 06:00 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just make sure you read the D03 note at the bottom of the website. You have to use the linkage balls from the Walkera swash. They can be a to get out without breaking them. Especially the elevator linkage. Good luck and once you get it done it is well worth it.
Old 09-14-2014, 06:50 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just a heads up watho and big air.... one of the things i've noticed with the airy products, is that you need to REALLY carefully check the ball joints to swash etc... they don't seem to locktite them, and have thrown one from my genius, and one from my v120.... since, i always redo them with locktite! i can only imagine the mayhem from a thrown ball joint on a 450!!!!
Old 09-14-2014, 07:09 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

They say on the site to Loctite the grips and feathering shaft but you might as well go over everything and make sure it is airworthy. I have about 20 flights on mine with no issues. I did lose a linkage in flight on my MCP. Nothing to do but hit TH. So yes, Locktite is your friend and I agree with you 100%.
Old 09-14-2014, 03:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi guys
Thanks for your replys
1 I tried the blade blade gripd and you will end up with about 2-3 mm of play I think you could get rid of that with spacing with washers but not sure I would like to try that on the 450
2 big air Thankyou for posting about the servos after some digging a lot of digging I hear that another heli freak uses these and with good success MG9257 for the tail $15 and Mg9025 for the cyclic $6.50 from myrcmart ordered them about a week ago and still waiting
Now I don't do 3d just started into a little sports flying so my testimonial may not be great but if they get through that there maybe a chance for them and at half the price and also metal gears ,not sure if they have replacements for the gears didn't look that far but for the price maybe a good option
Just on another note I am trying to put together a blade4503d with a 5 blade head from HK and use a turnigy 3d-v2 FBL unit have either of you guys tried anything like this the 5 blade head with phasing at 90 degress seems very busy and tight to get together any help would be great it seems a much bigger job than I though lol
Enjoy your flying as I enjoy reading this forum as much as flying Nearly
Cheers watho
Old 09-20-2014, 05:50 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Watho, Please keep us posted on the servos. It would be great to know that there are some cheap replacements our there for the D03/D01. I have never taken on a project like you are describing. Sorry.
Old 09-26-2014, 04:29 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Watho, Please keep us posted on the servos. It would be great to know that there are some cheap replacements our there for the D03/D01. I have never taken on a project like you are describing. Sorry.

Hi guys
Sorry haven't posted much at the moment our daughter is expecting any day and well need I say more mum is beside herself lol hopefully will get back to the bench soon
Cheers watho
Old 09-29-2014, 09:23 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 450 D03 Rotor won't spin

I'm new to cp helis and the 450D03 is my first. I've been practicing all summer with no issues but I got a little cocky the other day and clipped a barn with the main rotor...... So .... New blades are in order, but I also noticed that when I give it throttle and I did just to check for damage, the motor spins as does one gear set while the other just floats and no movement from the main or tail rotors themselves. Anyone point me in the right direction as to what needs replacing?
Thanks!
Dax P is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2014, 03:08 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dax P View Post
I'm new to cp helis and the 450D03 is my first. I've been practicing all summer with no issues but I got a little cocky the other day and clipped a barn with the main rotor...... So .... New blades are in order, but I also noticed that when I give it throttle and I did just to check for damage, the motor spins as does one gear set while the other just floats and no movement from the main or tail rotors themselves. Anyone point me in the right direction as to what needs replacing?
Thanks!

Hi Dax
Sounds like you may have snapped the bolt that holds your main gear, hold the main gear and try to spin the the main blades if you can ?? If there is movement then you will need to replace, you should be able to slide the main shaft up and remove damaged bolt and replace
Hope this helps watho
Old 10-01-2014, 03:27 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Hi Bigair
Well it's a girl
So back to the heli's lol I still have not got to try those servos as I'm having major dramas with getting the turnigy to bind so as yet not flown the 3d, how ever did get the DFC head unit wow was great flow like a dream however the pilot got cocky and had a blade strike mmmmmm the boys where right about doing some damage with the DFC heads haven't had a good look yet at the damage but didn't look good ((
So this weekend I'm thinking I will try the 5 blade he'd on the 450do3 with the new servos and see how we go , if I get the time and will let you guys know next week what I think
Cheers watho
Old 10-02-2014, 05:55 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by watho 46 View Post
Hi Bigair
Well it's a girl
So back to the heli's lol I still have not got to try those servos as I'm having major dramas with getting the turnigy to bind so as yet not flown the 3d, how ever did get the DFC head unit wow was great flow like a dream however the pilot got cocky and had a blade strike mmmmmm the boys where right about doing some damage with the DFC heads haven't had a good look yet at the damage but didn't look good ((
So this weekend I'm thinking I will try the 5 blade he'd on the 450do3 with the new servos and see how we go , if I get the time and will let you guys know next week what I think
Cheers watho
Congrat on your little girl watho! any chance you can get a few pics of the d03 with the 5 bladed head on it? i'd love to see that!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in