Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand

bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand Factory Sponsored Bavarian DEMON and HeliCommand Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2013, 11:08 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott s View Post
Well what switches do you want to use. Do you pinch and use a tray. Switch selection is very limited on the 9303/9505 so you may have to do some serious mods especialy if you are a thumber and hold the tx with your hands.
I use a 9303 in a tray and I use aux2/ Up is self level, middle is rigid and down is captain rescue, I have a piece of silicon tubing between the gimble housing and aux2 in middle position so when I pull the switch down for captain rescue it springs right back to middle rigid mode, just like a momentary switch. White gorilla glue sticks to silicon and you only need a few drops My middle finger is alway's on that switch when I fly. Here is a close up pic of aux 2 with the silicone tube mod to make it momentary between middle and down position, Works like a charm Moved my flightmode switch to left top of tx and gear is the tailgyro gain with a multipoint mix so I can have different gains for different flightmodes. Switches from left to right on face of tx are flightmode blue, gear red with up position rate mode and down heading hold with gains selected by flightmode, Aux2= SL, rigid and Captain recue red and lastly throttle hold,blue
Well, I don't know how you get Rigid and SL (which I understand is available using the Horizon tab) at the same time when the BD3SX software does not appear to allow that. Did Helicommand?
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Gear/Trainer Switch Wiring & Program Mixes Not doing the job

Quote:
Originally Posted by taosgraveyard View Post
Switch the wiring around, inside the transmitter and you can then assign the mix to the trainer switch to control rescue
See

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...highlight=9503

Of course it means you aren't likely to use this radio for buddy boxing, but so what?

Takes less time than you think,
I've attached a sketch schematic and some photos to show how I soldered the connections between the Gear and Trainer switches (thank you Taos & Magnazan) and programmed GEAR>AUX2 and AUX2>AUX2 mixes. I apologize for the quality of the photographs. It will be obvious to some of you that I don't know what I'm doing.

The 9503 Monitor screen shows GEAR toggling between large 0 and +100 values when I have the Gear switch flipped up; nothing when the Gear switch is flipped up; and nothing either way on the BD Diagnose Tab window.
The Aux2 switch shows no action on the 9503 Monitor screen, nor on the BD Diagnose Tab window.
Please feel free to comment...

p.s. I've got the tail and head gyro gains performing well on my X5. It flies beautifully in Rigid mode. Now to have Rigid and Self-levelling on the Aux2 switch and Bail-out on the Trainer switch! Go ahead - make my month!

Thomas
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AUX2>AUX2 mix.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	448751   Click image for larger version

Name:	AUX2>AUX2 SW SELECT.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	448752   Click image for larger version

Name:	GEAR>AUX2 mix.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	448753   Click image for larger version

Name:	DeviceSEL screen.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	448757   Click image for larger version

Name:	Closeup @ Gear Switch.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	448758  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Closeup @ Trainer Switch.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	448759   Click image for larger version

Name:	9503 Opened Up.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	448760  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Gear to Trainer Switch Wiring Mod.pdf (211.4 KB, 908 views)
Old 09-14-2013, 08:30 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Fuggeddabowdit, I ended up using Scott s's Aux2 switch solution. Works for me.
Thanks for all the suggestions.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:17 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

About the third post Ph7 posted how to use the trainer switch without soldering/ swapping switches. He said he didn't have any Hc3SX experience..... has anyone done this? Works?
http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=nz
Wags
wagspe208 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2013, 08:11 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good info, I have a 12x that I am still learning, any one out here using one with hc3sx? I would love to speak one on one about channel assignment
wearman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2014, 07:15 PM   #46 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Absolutely great thread!

Dumb question: Why is it so important to have Capt Rescue on a momentary contact switch?

Rick
rdlohr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2014, 10:37 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlohr View Post
Absolutely great thread!

Dumb question: Why is it so important to have Capt Rescue on a momentary contact switch?

Rick
It's not really that important some just prefer it that way. Since I switched Tx I don't use the momentary switch...
Banshee # 45 700 LE and 850
jcflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2014, 09:58 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

While not that important it sure as heck is a LOT more convenient and user friendly!!
scott s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2014, 01:10 PM   #49 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
While not that important it sure as heck is a LOT more convenient and user friendly!!
That's what I was wondering. In what ways Scott. I have no experience with bailouts. Your solution is awesome, by the way. I like KISS.

Rick
Old 03-02-2014, 09:14 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
This may be true for some but, that switch is almost always located at the back of the TX, and I have small hands and have a hard time reaching it compared to one of the switches located up front. Difference being you just have to be ready to flip the switch back after the save!!!
Old 03-02-2014, 11:28 AM   #51 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcflyer View Post
This may be true for some but, that switch is almost always located at the back of the TX, and I have small hands and have a hard time reaching it compared to one of the switches located up front. Difference being you just have to be ready to flip the switch back after the save!!!
Not sure which way I will go. I did play with the mixing a bit and was able to use my right side dial (aux3) for the first time. That mix menu is powerful. I'm surprised I never messed with it before.

Rick
Old 03-04-2014, 03:26 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlohr View Post
Not sure which way I will go. I did play with the mixing a bit and was able to use my right side dial (aux3) for the first time. That mix menu is powerful. I'm surprised I never messed with it before.

Rick
Rick,
I would put the TX in my hands and see where your fingers fall on it, then I would use the closest or easiest switch for me to reach!!!
Old 03-04-2014, 04:38 PM   #53 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcflyer View Post
Rick,
I would put the TX in my hands and see where your fingers fall on it, then I would use the closest or easiest switch for me to reach!!!
Good advice. I'm starting to think the CR should be on the Trainer switch on the left side. It is in the exact spot TH is on the right, its momentary, and its almost a natural response to hit it. Couple wire moves and that would be a done deal.

Rick
Old 04-30-2014, 06:23 PM   #54 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

In think I will use the Aux2 switch like Scott did, but then solder the momentary trainer switch in series with lead to the Captain Rescue side of the switch. The Aux2 switch will be like an enable for the bailout, then the trainer switch will activate it. I may then use the slider on the right to mix in the amount of leveling like hidaven did.

Rick

Last edited by rdlohr; 03-26-2015 at 06:21 PM..

Tags
jr9503 and hc3sx

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in