Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Kontronik Drives

Kontronik Drives Jazz and Jive ESC's and other Kontronik equipment support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2013, 09:00 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

It want see the esc.
firemedic295 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2013, 01:53 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is it the same procedure to program Mode 6 with Bail out right?? same procedure (obviously waithing for 6 tones indicatin mode 6).

And the other question is, after I made the programming of the esc, Can I return my throttle curve in normal mode to 0-60-60, or I have to leave it on 0-50-100???

And one more, sorry to be so dumb but It's my first Kontronik ESC, but, I don't understand how is the procedure to start up the engine so the ESC can recognize all the travel of the throttle??

Thanks!!
Zekrod is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #23 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Zekrod,

When you perform the initial mode programming by going from low to high throttle for confirmation, the esc learns the travel of your transmitter.

All of the mode programs are cumulative. Meaning you can program any series including the mode 6 with bailout.

Once you have completed programming with your curve at 0-100 linear, you may then return your normal mode to whichever flatline percentage you desire.
KONTRONIK USA is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2013, 07:42 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Throttle curves

I am setting up Goblin 700 Spektrum DX8, Skookum 720 and HeliJive120. Programmed mode 4. Motor is achieving maximum speed with throttle curve at only 50-60%. Skookum governor is turned off. Vibration log tells me that the head has already run at 2700. Any ideas?
Ixion is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2013, 11:58 PM   #25 (permalink)

Ixion,

What is your full setup with gear ratio? Without knowing much more it sounds like your gearing is incorrect.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:42 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default setup

Goblin 700 two stage reduction overall 9.714:1. Quantum 4530/500, 12s pack, skookum 720 Rx/gyro, 120 helijive programmed to mode 4 (did not program mode 1 first as unit is new. All parts as supplied with the kit by the dealer. Vibration logs from the Skookum tell me that the motor has at some stage run at 25200 (on ground 0 deg pitch) Is this possible? Motor has a bad wobble from new. Will probably replace with Pyro 750/45L or 50L. Gearing? Thanks
Old 07-05-2013, 07:57 AM   #27 (permalink)

I am not familiar with the specs of the motor to tell you if what you are seeing is possible. My first suggestion would be to go down one pinion. From here you will see if the headspeed enters proper range. Right now it sounds like the headspeeds you are getting are just too high.

I would also suggest doing a mode 1-then mode 4 once you have changed the pinion.

If you change to a PYRO 700-45, the current pinion you are using might work just fine for the proper range of head speeds.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:37 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Kontronic

Thank you Kontronic. I programmed Mode1&5 and TC's 0-100,60&70. Was using Mode5 the right thing?
Resulting speeds were 2043,2190and 2353 without blades. With blades on at 0deg pitch idle up 1 = 2196. Governor works well but as you say the gearing is too high. Have ordered a Pyro750/45L and will get extra pulleys. During last ground run heli did an uncommanded piro and destroyed itself. Now require the services of a good shrink and maybe an expert on FBL gyros.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:09 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default HeliJive 120 Mode 4 Bail Out - DX8

Hello, the throttle was accurate, and flew perfect, until I decided to try setting up bail out in mode 4 using the following video.

HELI JIVE 120+ HV Mode 5 Programming with Autorotation Bail Out

Dx8

Throttle Curve ( H ) - had to be set to +20 in order to get the telephone ring during programming.

Took it out to fly, bail out works coming out of throttle hold, but now my set head speeds in idle up 1 & 2 are much lower, don't have a tach with me, but can tell just by the sound.

any advice ?

I just read this in another post:

" after setting the AR in mode 4 you have to reprogram new endpoints in order not to have deadband- only in mode1 the end points are 100-100 "
Praztek is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2014, 01:41 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praztek View Post
Hello, the throttle was accurate, and flew perfect, until I decided to try setting up bail out in mode 4 using the following video.

Dx8

Throttle Curve ( H ) - had to be set to +20 in order to get the telephone ring during programming.

Took it out to fly, bail out works coming out of throttle hold, but now my set head speeds in idle up 1 & 2 are much lower, don't have a tach with me, but can tell just by the sound.

any advice ?

I just read this in another post:

" after setting the AR in mode 4 you have to reprogram new endpoints in order not to have deadband- only in mode1 the end points are 100-100 "
No end point adjustment is needed. that was a way of programming the jive series that Mr Mel (Not correct way of programming) invented to make your throttle curves represent pwm. That has nothing to do with your issue. try reprogramming it and get a tach out and double check. may have been different set of weaker batteries if you are using mode 4.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:28 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

That was it, used discharged lipos to setup at home, before heading to field

Thanks

QUOTE=Wh1teAfr1can;5553858]No end point adjustment is needed. that was a way of programming the jive series that Mr Mel (Not correct way of programming) invented to make your throttle curves represent pwm. That has nothing to do with your issue. try reprogramming it and get a tach out and double check. may have been different set of weaker batteries if you are using mode 4.[/QUOTE]
Praztek is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2014, 02:09 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default HELI JIVE 120+ HV Mode 5 Programming with Autorotation Bail Out

Kontronic,

I may be a little confused here? if you set up as you have shown in your video with TH at 15% you must be using a 0-60-60-60-60 curve or the like to allow you to connect your battery with TH (off) and throttle stick at 0 prior to spool up and take off. Otherwise, you run the risk of the heli immediately spooling up to 15% in TH (if on) or whatever your flat line curve was set to in N???

Is it not always better to have the TH set to 0 as the safety precaution it is meant to provide and set up a dual logic switch arrangement for auto rotation bailout such as TH and (any other switch)

Thanks in advance for your help!

G.
Graeme Smith is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2014, 11:11 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

hello all need a help programming mode 5 on my Heli Jive 120 HV P13 with a DX8.

I programmed mode 1 then changed my throttle cut to hold at 15 % and followed the instructions on the video..
I am able to get the two confirmation sounds one for mode 5 the other when I activate the hold switch, but I can not get the Phone ringing sound to come on.... I changed my hold all the way up to 22 % with no luck... does it have to give me the telephone ring for it to be programmed correctly.. Any help would be greatly appreciated .. thank you
Trex 500 ESP(DFC) Ikon, Radix] [Goblin 700 CompBK, 4525, Ikon, Helix 695 ] [Rave ENV Nitro O.S 105-R,Ikon,Cyclone] Rave ENV Electric]Scorpion 4525,Ikon, Outrage, SAB [Goblin 500] Ikon Rails 516 ]Blade 180 CFX]Goblin 570 12S Xnova
Blade120 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2014, 02:12 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do I need to reprogram my jive LV60 when I use a new motor? The new one has 10 poles, the old one has 8 poles. Kv differs 100kV, very little IMHO
Since I have programmed mode 11 ("governor-mode") I like to keep these settings.

Everything else stays the same:
- lipo
- RX
- Gyro @ servo's
etc.
Old 11-01-2014, 07:46 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Koby 90LV

Quote:
Originally Posted by KONTRONIK USA View Post
JIVE 100+ LV Mode 4 Programming

Hi Can you show a video on how to set up the Koby 90LV, with setting up the TX throttle/Throttle Curves/ Auto bailout .. i think setting up the modes are easy but the cunfusion come in when you go to set up the TX. the instruction aren't clear.. thanks Chris
Christo074 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2015, 07:07 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

is there a video anywhere showing how to program a Kool Kontronic 200? I am using Jeti and 12S
orthobird is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2015, 07:52 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthobird View Post
is there a video anywhere showing how to program a Kool Kontronic 200? I am using Jeti and 12S
they are all the same. the only difference is a button vs removing a jumper.

and you will only program mode 1 mode 4 and mode 10 if you want to adjust bec voltage.
Old 10-26-2015, 05:06 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just picked a JIVE 120HV Pro for my 550 running 6s. Is this the right sequence in programming it?

Mode 1
Mode 4
Mode 5
norstaroption is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2015, 05:10 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Found my answer thanks.

Mode 1 first to reset and then Mode 5 for GOV with bailout.
norstaroption is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2015, 06:41 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by norstaroption View Post
Found my answer thanks.

Mode 1 first to reset and then Mode 5 for GOV with bailout.
there is no mode 5 on the jive pro all you do is program mode 1, mode 4 and then set your throttle hold to 25% for spectrum/jr and most others and 30% for futaba and it will have bail out already. you can also program mode 10 for bec voltage. see the manual for instructions on how to do that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in