Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Electric Helicopters

Electric Helicopters Dedicated to larger than Micro/Mini Electric Helicopters of any Brand

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2012, 09:54 PM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

@HH bumped the res to 720p and full screen and man at 6:24 THAT WAS A SWEET MOVE!!!
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
AtTheCross is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2012, 09:44 AM   #102 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

No flying today.15 to 25 mph winds.
johnnycat500 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2012, 09:48 AM   #103 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ahhhhhhh
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:49 AM   #104 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydmech View Post
I thought you were gonna go 3D there for a minute. That was a wild flight HH and one sweet sound-in copter.........hats of to Johnny on the engineering

Thanks Bud
+1000 Total hats off to JC, this machine is amazing!
Old 01-08-2012, 09:53 AM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnycat500 View Post
HH are you kidding me...LOL You didn't have the hammer down! Man I wish I could fly half as good as you do. Now that you have flown it, would you say it is alot quieter in person than looking at the video.Great job!
Nope, not kidding you brother. Never had the throttle stick much pasted half way for the whole flight. The 3axis gains were a tad too high on the receiver and the helicopter was over correcting way too much. I was fighting this on the maiden, so was kind of taking it easy.

The helicopter is a lot quieter in person. It’s weird, but the video makes it seem louder than it really is. That was the first thing I notice when I play the video back. I was like what…where did all this noise come from? My flip cam definitely picks up sounds that I definitely can’t hear. I swore, once I thought I had pick up some Russian chatter on one of my flight videos. lol!
Old 01-08-2012, 09:55 AM   #106 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnGuard View Post
Sounds wicked without the paddles and trimmed blades.
OnGuard my Brother, wicked is a perfect word to describe this helicopter.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:56 AM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I just got the cp version together and ready for the 3D test. So glad HH's maiden went good.I call this heli a hotrod, meaning big motor in small car.
Me too!
Old 01-08-2012, 10:03 AM   #108 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheCross View Post
@HH LOL sandbagger great flying there buddy!! Gotta tell ya that smile you have, is gonna be doubled once you try this guy CP

also interested to know your thoughts on the sound in person compared to the sound in the video
Thanks Bro

Don’t tell me that…if my smile gets any bigger, my face might start ripping apart! Seriously Bro I’m so looking forward to flying the cp version.

I totally agree with you and JC. The bird is a lot quieter in person. The videos don’t do it justice.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:05 AM   #109 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
forgot you are running with trimmed blades, you are getting more HS with it than we saw, do you have a tach?

Yes I have a micro tachometer, but I have never used it on a fixed pitch helicopter. So not sure of the best way to go about it. On my cp birds, I just set the pitch curve flat across the board ( zero pitch @50%, so 50-50-50-50-50). Then with a pair of vise-grips to secure the tachometer vertically and safely under the rotor, I spin up the helicopter. This way works well because there’s no pitch in the blades and the helicopter stays put on the ground. I guess with a fixed pitch helicopter I could strap it down to a heavy board or something and give it a try. I guess I could also download a head speed app for my phone. Never have because I’m not 100% sure how accurate just measuring the sound the rotor makes can determine true head speed.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:06 AM   #110 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
@HH, can't you run 4s on that 54 if you run an external BEC?
Honestly don’t know…maybe. I have always just gone with what the esc is rated for. Have you tried this with other esc’s?
Old 01-08-2012, 10:11 AM   #111 (permalink)
Registered Users

[QUOTE=johnnycat500;3534312]It would be nice if they made a higher kv motor than the v2 250 kv. By looking at HH's video does it really need it?? If my cp version does inverted 3d tomorrow I think the answer would be no. My cp version had a bobbing issue on the elev axis. With changing the norm throttle curve to 0-90-95-98.5-100 that went away. The idle up TC in both 1 and 2 is 100-95-90-95-100. Would like to hear HH's opinion on this since he has his in the air.[/QUOTE]

Have no idea yet if the cp version of this masterpiece might need to go 4s or not, but totally agree with you Bud on the fp version, it definitely does not. It has plenty and I mean plenty of power on 3s. I personally see no advantage or need to add the extra weight of a 4s battery to the fp version.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:17 AM   #112 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
i don't think i'll need a 4s, but for the crazy 3d guys i think 4s will be the ticket
Without flying the cp version yet I really have no idea, but I’m thinking you’re spot on here. I probably won’t need to go 4s either as I can only do upright sport flying at best. But down the road, if my skills get better there might be the need for more power. Did I ever tell you guys my third cousin removed uncle was Tim the tool man Taylor…MORE POWER!

Besides I’m already thinking past the first cp version. Think stretched DD 480 running 360mm blades on 4s.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:19 AM   #113 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
@HH bumped the res to 720p and full screen and man at 6:24 THAT WAS A SWEET MOVE!!!
Thanks Brother
Old 01-08-2012, 10:24 AM   #114 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
No flying today.15 to 25 mph winds.
Bummer

Well I’m going out now to get another flight in on the DD machine before the prison warden (wifey) catches up with me. Catch you guys later
Old 01-08-2012, 11:27 AM   #115 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELIHANKSTER View Post
Without flying the cp version yet I really have no idea, but I’m thinking you’re spot on here. I probably won’t need to go 4s either as I can only do upright sport flying at best. But down the road, if my skills get better there might be the need for more power. Did I ever tell you guys my third cousin removed uncle was Tim the tool man Taylor…MORE POWER!

Besides I’m already thinking past the first cp version. Think stretched DD 480 running 360mm blades on 4s.
LOL i was just telling ATC that it would only take a longer belt and boom to put 360 blades on it. I just happen to have some 360 blades!!
Old 01-08-2012, 11:29 AM   #116 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

that would be kewl if we could use the stock belt, then we would just need to source the boom and blades
Old 01-08-2012, 03:27 PM   #117 (permalink)
Registered Users

I already have the 480 Boom/453T belt and 360mm blades are no sweat to get. Unfortunately the 453T belt will be to short to work on this bird. Yep the hardest part to make a stretch DD 480 will be finding the right size belt. I think I know where to get the belt, but have no idea how to read the size charts. Anybody here a expert on belts?

Everything you would need to stretch a 450 can be found here.
http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/i...p?cPath=32_242

Think they have the belt we need, but finding it could be a problem.
https://sdp-si.com/eStore/Direct.asp?GroupID=342
Old 01-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #118 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well…putting the hammer down is starting to carry a new meaning for me. lol!

Second flight was all about fine tuning setup…..went well and by the end of the flight, had the bird tweak about where I wanted it…sweetness

Third flight, feeling good about setup and ready to put the hammer down…or at least that’s what I thought. See I have a pair of overhead lines (power and phone) that cut across one side of my front yard. I try not to, but I have hit these lines countless times with my helicopters (mostly my FP Bees) and yes these lines are the bane of my existence. Anyway I was halfway through the flight and was just starting to get going when I made a rookie mistake...came in too hot and was headed straight for the overhead lines. Believe me, it’s not pretty when I hit these line, so I pulled back on elevator hard to avoid a potentially fatal collusion.. The rookie mistake was I just froze up after I pulled back, pure and simple. I have no idea why I pulled back in the first place. The right move would have been to bank hard left. I guess my heli-farming days are far from being over. lol! Bright side is the damage wasn’t that bad. Looks like the only things toasted are the servos and landing gear. Should have it back in the air in no time.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u9HcDV3zrM[/ame]
Old 01-08-2012, 07:15 PM   #119 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELIHANKSTER View Post
I already have the 480 Boom/453T belt and 360mm blades are no sweat to get. Unfortunately the 453T belt will be to short to work on this bird. Yep the hardest part to make a stretch DD 480 will be finding the right size belt. I think I know where to get the belt, but have no idea how to read the size charts. Anybody here a expert on belts?

Everything you would need to stretch a 450 can be found here.
http://www.infinity-hobby.com/main/i...p?cPath=32_242

Think they have the belt we need, but finding it could be a problem.
https://sdp-si.com/eStore/Direct.asp?GroupID=342
I ordered the boom and will size a belt then order one. HH cool that it is not much damage.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:27 PM   #120 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

bummer on the crash, thanks for the link. man it would be kewl if the stretched version needed a stock 500 class belt, i have a bunch of those

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in