Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X Brushless Mods

nano CP X Brushless Mods Blade nano CP X Brushless Mods Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

MOST important take b4 measurements
i removed the collar by putting my needle nose pliers on top and giving it a wack with a tiny hammer i have, broke free with no damage
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 12:36 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

forgot to mention the bottom of the shaft where the main gear slips on, make sure ur flat spot has enough length or ur main gear wont fit tight against bottom bearing for a snug fit.
For the flat spots i used a exacto blade cut into the rod then with the rod till you get propper depth and eveness for the top should be even on both sides.
take measurements for the thickness of the slots and compare to the original one, aint hard !
Old 11-30-2012, 10:28 AM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well I finally broke my og nano tail boom, lhs is out of stock so I grabbed a stock mcpx boom. If it works well I'll buy some hollow cf tubing and start making my own.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:30 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did not like the mcpx boom AT ALL! I chased it all over the front yard after a simple flip. I picked up some carbon rod and made a solid boom at stock length using the mcpx tail motor, they appear to be exactly the same. I'm going to cut a few more in 5mm longer increments to see if I can find a happy medium. If I find no improvements I'll just not try to fly the nano past the limits of the tail. The tail holds miles better than the mcpx, so I have no complaints.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:31 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Has anyone switched the esc over to gov-arm mode and ran a v curve to get better tail results? I'd like to play around with it, but haven't had the time lately.
MattRendall is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 09:11 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattRendall View Post
Has anyone switched the esc over to gov-arm mode and ran a v curve to get better tail results? I'd like to play around with it, but haven't had the time lately.
Yea that is what I run. I have a toolstick though which makes setup a breeze. I dunno how some of you guys use the tx to program maybe I just can't hear but I can't figure that out.

I run a deep curve 100-65-35-65-100 in gov arm mode and tbo is non existent. If you haven't tried I would highly recomend. When I first ran a flashed esc on my mcpx I thought gov tx mode was great which it was. But, then I tried gov arm with a V curve and have never looked back.
- DX8G2 and DX7S

Last edited by Nytflyer; 12-02-2012 at 08:07 AM..
Nytflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 11:12 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah I should probably invest in one of those eventually.

I just programmed it with my tx and upped the P and I gains as well. Running Nytflyer's same v curve and WOAH is this thing a totally different heli. He doesn't lie, no blow out anywhere, even on hard pitch pumps. And upping the gain gets ride of a ton of bogging. Feels like a much more powerful heli now. In fact I just did my first flip indoors. Can't wait to take it outside tomorrow!
MattRendall is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 11:47 PM   #68 (permalink)

Nytflyer, you mean Governor Arm correct?
Daryoon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2012, 08:07 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Nytflyer, you mean Governor Arm correct?
Yea that is correct sorry. I edited my post thanks for catching that.
- DX8G2 and DX7S
Old 12-02-2012, 08:12 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattRendall View Post
Yeah I should probably invest in one of those eventually.

I just programmed it with my tx and upped the P and I gains as well. Running Nytflyer's same v curve and WOAH is this thing a totally different heli. He doesn't lie, no blow out anywhere, even on hard pitch pumps. And upping the gain gets ride of a ton of bogging. Feels like a much more powerful heli now. In fact I just did my first flip indoors. Can't wait to take it outside tomorrow!
Haha told ya it works so much better. You are gonna love that little heli now!
- DX8G2 and DX7S
Old 12-05-2012, 12:30 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

I switched to gov arm mode tonight and man you guys weren't exaggerating! Tail is crazy solid. I've still got some tweaking to do but damn this thing is even better now.
My V curve is set to 85 60 40 60 85 right now. I'll tweak some more tomorrow, stayed up way too late messing with this thing.

Biggest pia was that i couldn't hear the tones so I unplugged the tail motor, had to unscrew the board to do that.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:59 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

sorry wrong thread... please delete post..
Old 12-09-2012, 02:15 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Regarding gov arm mode, at 85% throttle, the tail is rock solid even banging the sticks around. At less than 80% I can't get it dialed in no matter what v curve I run, anyone else running in to this? I'm fine at 85%, but it would be nice to have a lower head speed for indoors.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:01 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So where are the instructions to change the settings on the ESC????
CAMOMAN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 11:30 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMOMAN View Post
So where are the instructions to change the settings on the ESC????
Look on the asteroid designs site, at the top where it lists the helis there is a link to blheli.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmc76 View Post
Regarding gov arm mode, at 85% throttle, the tail is rock solid even banging the sticks around. At less than 80% I can't get it dialed in no matter what v curve I run, anyone else running in to this? I'm fine at 85%, but it would be nice to have a lower head speed for indoors.
I run 70% for indoors and 80% for outside flying. I prefer 70% because my head speed is not consistent. Tail also hold up great. Running at 80% the gov doesn't hold the headspeed too well after a minute when the battery starts to drain. Tail also holds great at 80%

If you can't run anything lower than 80% you might want to check your pitch. You may have too much pitch so the tail has a hard time trying to keep up when being loaded up.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:01 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You mean a flat 80% TC?
CAMOMAN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2013, 08:30 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Has anyone run the 7mm oversky tail motor on the wild kit?

Also how could we request this thread to be stickied? It was on the front page for weeks but the forum is starting to grow.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:30 PM   #79 (permalink)

My HF Map location

anyone want a bump?
BladeScraper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in