Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums – KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts

Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts Post your theft, scammed, ripped off reports here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2014, 07:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Ripped off.... Seller issued partial refund. Good enough :-/

Well I lost $75 to this guy (Username edited out) trying to buy a Mikado Vbar Control Panel over a month and a half ago. I was patient because it was coming from Canada (supposedly), but after a few weeks I got worried.

Now I have to admit, I sort of screwed myself a little too. I knew not to pay for the item as a gift through paypal, but I didn't know that you shouldn't choose "send money to a friend" either. I am unable to dispute the payment through paypal as they view it as a payment that was not for goods or services. Valuable lesson learned there...

I asked him nicely to refund my money with the understanding that if the item did end up showing up at my doorstep, I'd gladly re-send the payment. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and he seemed like a nice guy that meant what he said at first.

He actually agreed to refund me $54 a few days ago, so I agreed, figuring that would be better than nothing, and I'd be lucky if I got anything at all, but still no refund of any amount. I even PM'd him this morning giving him the till this evening to make an effort before I go to negative feedback and such, but still no reply.

EDIT: After leaving negative feedback, and this thread, the seller issued a partial refund of approx. $55 USD. Good enough I reckon. I'll edit his name out of this thread. I wish it had gone down much differently, but I'll give him credit for being friendly and trying to fix things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by corrosionate; 10-15-2014 at 10:48 AM..
corrosionate is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2014, 08:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Welp, why would you buy a used V Bar control panel for $75.00, and send the money as a gift?

You can buy a brand new V Bar control panel and get everything that comes with it for a little more money.....

http://www.amain.com/Mikado-VBar-Control-Panel/p298162
Velos 880/Sab Urukay, KSE, Carbon Speed/Mikado Uvular/RCA Blackshark/Chaos 500 Evo, 550, 600, 700/Trex 500, 600, 600 Pro, 700/Roban 470 Cobra, 700 Apache, Cobra, 429, Jayhawk, 800 Airwolf/TFM 800 Blue Thunder, Seahawk, Jayhawk/ DX8 DX18QQ
treotraveler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2014, 08:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
Welp, why would you buy a used V Bar control panel for $75.00, and send the money as a gift?

You can buy a brand new V Bar control panel and get everything that comes with it for a little more money.....

http://www.amain.com/Mikado-VBar-Control-Panel/p298162

What a worthless answer genius.....the guy already said he mixed them up and made a mistake....and he got 25% off retail so it wasn't a terrible deal, even though that wasn't the point.....

-Gobin 380, Goblin 570, DIabolo Speed #51, TDR2, TDS: DS24/Axon
Procrastinator is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2014, 08:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

Have you tried contacting him ? Having both met him and his father I just refuse to believe he intentionally scammed you out of $75.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procrastinator View Post
What a worthless answer genius.....the guy already said he mixed them up and made a mistake....and he got 25% off retail so it wasn't a terrible deal, even though that wasn't the point.....
What a rude, little person.

Yeah, he got 25% off retail buying used, and never got the item. The guy would have been money ahead buying new.
Velos 880/Sab Urukay, KSE, Carbon Speed/Mikado Uvular/RCA Blackshark/Chaos 500 Evo, 550, 600, 700/Trex 500, 600, 600 Pro, 700/Roban 470 Cobra, 700 Apache, Cobra, 429, Jayhawk, 800 Airwolf/TFM 800 Blue Thunder, Seahawk, Jayhawk/ DX8 DX18QQ
treotraveler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2014, 09:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Yeah, he got 25% off retail buying used, and never got the item. The guy would have been money ahead buying new.
20/20 hindsight is great

Dogs come when called. Cats take a message and get back to you later.
Cailid is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2014, 09:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicD View Post
Have you tried contacting him ? Having both met him and his father I just refuse to believe he intentionally scammed you out of $75.
+1, met him as well and seems a good kid.
Also didn't get the impression they were strapped for cash.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

I can see its absolutely pointless with you....you simply don't get it.....in hindsight he wouldn't of bought used and paid as a gift.....but he did, and said it was a mistake 3 times....so you asking him why did he pay as a gift....well, its ridiculous....either way, you may have the last word....I am not sure I can break it down any simpler than that.

Old 10-14-2014, 09:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailid View Post
20/20 hindsight is great
Amen

Old 10-14-2014, 09:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

To the OP: I did try and pm dahmad a few times about his kosmik and it took a while for a response....maybe he isn't on here much? Hope it works out

Old 10-15-2014, 06:26 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll try to get in touch with him to let him know about this.
I refuse to believe this was done on purpose and that he won't make it right, he is a very honest and good person. I'm sure there is an explanation, his Father would kick his a$$ if he knew about this and would die of embarrassment.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Ripped off by DAhmad

I contacted him several times, as mentioned in my first post. He usually replied within a day or so, up until I started asking for my money back.

And no, I didn't "Send money as a gift". Apparently "send money to a friend" is just as bad though.

I didn't know Amain carried Vbar stuff, and the Control Panel is discontinued, so I posted in the WTB section of the classified forum. He was the only one who contacted me. Though I don't see what any of that has to do with anything at all other than wanting to shift the blame to me, or just to troll and cause conflict. The fact is, he agreed to sell me an item for $75. I never got the item. The suspicious feeling i got from our communication lead me to believe he never shipped the item to begin with.

For those trying to contact him, thanks, but it might be too late. This has been over a month and a half coming, and I wasn't getting anything promising, so I went ahead and left negative feedback and consider my cash gone, and assume I'll never receive the item.

I am a fair guy, who gives the benefit of the doubt when I can, and would not pick on someone for an honest mistake or something beyond their control, but I can also tell when I'm being strung along and a month and a half is about where my patience for empty promises runs out. I hope I'm wrong, but eventually a guy just has to accept that he's been had.

Last edited by corrosionate; 10-15-2014 at 10:37 AM..
Old 10-15-2014, 08:49 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

After leaving negative feedback, and this thread, the seller issued a partial refund of approx. $55 USD. Good enough I reckon. I'll edit his name out of this thread. I wish it had gone down much differently, but I'll give him credit for being friendly, apologetic and making an attempt to fix things. I don't feel so ripped off now that a legit effort has been made.

Last edited by corrosionate; 10-15-2014 at 10:55 AM..
Old 10-15-2014, 10:40 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Why settle for partial refund? I understand that is better than nothing but you should keep his name on the thread so we all know not to deal with the person
nameci is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2014, 11:06 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unless he gives you a full refund he is still scamming you and his name should be left in here.

Old 10-15-2014, 02:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailid View Post
Unless he gives you a full refund he is still scamming you and his name should be left in here.
i agree 100%
Eyeballmike is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2014, 03:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1
Old 10-15-2014, 03:40 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 he is a SAB Heli Division Canada Team Pilot he can give the full refund....
gaurdian101 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2014, 05:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't know any of the details of this transaction, I just contacted him today to let him know about this thread and what's going on. Here's what he responded.

"I am vacation and I return today! But I have shipped him two, one with tracking number and one without, I haven't got a chance to send him the tracking number as we are in New York, but I said I will refund him once I get home, which is tonight
And I don't have much access to wifi
But I have sent him two"

So based on this message I really don't get it.
Hopefully he will respond soon when he gets back to clear things up.
Old 10-15-2014, 06:03 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by snemi00 View Post
I don't know any of the details of this transaction, I just contacted him today to let him know about this thread and what's going on. Here's what he responded.

"I am vacation and I return today! But I have shipped him two, one with tracking number and one without, I haven't got a chance to send him the tracking number as we are in New York, but I said I will refund him once I get home, which is tonight
And I don't have much access to wifi
But I have sent him two"

So based on this message I really don't get it.
Hopefully he will respond soon when he gets back to clear things up.

He has no wifi, in New York, and has to wait until he gets home to give a refund yet he was already able to give a partial refund. We're getting contradictory stories here.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in