Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 02:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Would the 130x be right for me?

I have been flying toy Helis since christmas. Last Sunday bought a MCpX and love it. I can hover all day and fly around the yard no tricks yet. I want something a bit bigger and was thinking of getting the 130x but herd that its not that good of a heli. I went to Experience RC and the guy who works there says that he has one and he loves it. I told him I herd that they broke easy and He said that isnt true. I stuck on what to do. I was told to get the mcpx BL but thats no bigger than what I have now. For right now The 130x I want for just hovering and flying around the yard and I will use the mcpx for learning tricks on. Does the 130x sound right for me?
Detroit_Tigersfan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2013, 02:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Would the 130x be right for me?

I love my 130 all stock. Yep get one, way better than the mcpx.....very robust and if u dont fly over concrete and crash very durable......

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
ourbail is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit_Tigersfan View Post
I have been flying toy Helis since christmas. Last Sunday bought a MCpX and love it. I can hover all day and fly around the yard no tricks yet. I want something a bit bigger and was thinking of getting the 130x but herd that its not that good of a heli. I went to Experience RC and the guy who works there says that he has one and he loves it. I told him I herd that they broke easy and He said that isnt true. I stuck on what to do. I was told to get the mcpx BL but thats no bigger than what I have now. For right now The 130x I want for just hovering and flying around the yard and I will use the mcpx for learning tricks on. Does the 130x sound right for me?
i grew up in A2! i miss it!!

130 without question!

i dumped my mcpx;s as soon as i flew a nano and found i could beat the tar out of it! mcpx's always would chuck a link, spin, and or loosen the main gear at the minimum....the nano most of the time after a crash i can hit the throttle and it rights itself then i fly away!
i think my 130's are and have been more durable than the mcpx's. so a BL having WAY more head speed than both the mcpxV2 and the 130 is not going to have the durability...physics are against it!

get a 130 and let me know if you like flying a mcpx outside anymore!!! a 130 is going to fly just like a larger bird but it's super cheap to crash!
audacity is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2013, 03:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by audacity View Post
i grew up in A2! i miss it!!

130 without question!

i dumped my mcpx;s as soon as i flew a nano and found i could beat the tar out of it! mcpx's always would chuck a link, spin, and or loosen the main gear at the minimum....the nano most of the time after a crash i can hit the throttle and it rights itself then i fly away!
i think my 130's are and have been more durable than the mcpx's. so a BL having WAY more head speed than both the mcpxV2 and the 130 is not going to have the durability...physics are against it!

get a 130 and let me know if you like flying a mcpx outside anymore!!! a 130 is going to fly just like a larger bird but it's super cheap to crash!
Sounds good! I will be buying this week and so far I think im going to get 130x.
Detroit_Tigersfan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
As long as you also do not mind tinkering. You may be lucky and get a perfect one out of the box. Mine was not. But a little maintenance (4+ hours) and it's great. (Check everything, Lube bearings, Balance tail blades, CA C gear).

My stock 130x flies like a mini 600 (and crashes like an mCPX if flown over grass. I've even crashed it inverted with no damage {quick TH}). But it took a bit of tuning to get it there.

Enjoy.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

have a look here:
http://www.buddyrc.com/glacier-20c-450mah-2s-130x.html

battery is amazing! aside from added head speed and the ability to maintain it during 3D...the run times in IU just hovering around are about double that of a stock battery. it's really insane they are only 5 bucks...i mention this because they are prob about 1 day from you! i get them in 2 up in port huron area.

well check em out as they have a bunch of info on charging multiple batteries at a time. they stock all the best chargers and even the wire they use is top quality.

enjoy your 130!
Old 03-10-2013, 03:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

I love the 130x mine is still stock and fly's great, never flown a mcpx so cant compare but my 130 fly's just like my 450's just feels lighter in the air if that makes sense.
When you get your 130 tighten the main and tail blades a little, they are too loose out the box but other than that all i have done is put a heatsink on the motor as it gets very hot.
I would recommend this little helicopter to anyone, it handle's the wind quite well too.
noobbeltcpv2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the Nano through the 300 X and think you would like the 130 X more than a Mcpx Bl. Much more stable and easier to fly. From my experience you will have to work on the 130 more than you would on a Mcpx BL. With that said I prefer my 130 over all my smaller helicopters.

Here is a video of size comparisons I did after I purchased the Mcpx BL
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZEZLnvE7uc[/ame]
d12bn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2013, 04:54 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you can handle a mcpx you will do fine with the 130x. Take yor time with it and check it over before every flight. Take care of it and you will have no issues. Go get one.
branmuffin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2013, 08:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I liked my mcpx until I flew my 130x. My mcpx is now a dust collector.
Dx6i
GLHS592 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2013, 08:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

130x is awesome as long as you have it setup correct. Some times it takes a crash (in tall grass with TH engaged) and keeps on going-Some times not! That being said any Heli of this size and up is going to require parts and tune up after it blade strikes or hits the ground so if you get lucky on some crashes call it luck I say, and keep flying. I have a blast with mine. my only hop ups aluminum tail case, aluminum canopy mounts and longer boom supports ohh and fusuno canopy that's just awesome.

Tapatalk
Old 03-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't want to be the guy who thread jacks..... But I would like to know if my next step should be a 130 ? I have been flying my 120sr outside when there is no wind. It seems to be a major battle to fly with any wind. I have been flying all the blade helis in Phoenix 4. I seem to only crash in Phoenix when I am trying to learn tricks. I like the size idea of the 300x in being able to visually see it, but I like the size of the 130 for flying in my back yard.

Is the 130 the same size as the 120sr? Will the 130 handle better in the wind? The 120 is such a struggle to gain any ground with a 6-11 km/h wind. Or should a guy just jump to a 300x?

Thanks for your input guys !
BeachSled is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2013, 10:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The 130x will absolutely fly better in wind than 120sr. You'll be giddy and shocked at the difference. Whether 130 or 300, that comes down to what you can fit in your yard. It's nice having a small heli for your yard that you can fly whenever and often.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-10-2013, 10:53 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachSled View Post
Don't want to be the guy who thread jacks..... But I would like to know if my next step should be a 130 ? I have been flying my 120sr outside when there is no wind. It seems to be a major battle to fly with any wind. I have been flying all the blade helis in Phoenix 4. I seem to only crash in Phoenix when I am trying to learn tricks. I like the size idea of the 300x in being able to visually see it, but I like the size of the 130 for flying in my back yard.

Is the 130 the same size as the 120sr? Will the 130 handle better in the wind? The 120 is such a struggle to gain any ground with a 6-11 km/h wind. Or should a guy just jump to a 300x?

Thanks for your input guys !
imho, for a newbie who is flying a fixed pitch heli going to cp, I would not suggest a 130x or worse a 300x. Not only you will have lots of headaches from repairing but the cost of repair is higher as well. I would not even recommend the new mcpx BL as the power is just too much for a newbie. I would highly recommend getting a simulator (if you don't have one already) and a nano or V1 or V2 mcpx to learn how to fly a cp. Since you fly outside, the most likely heli that will fit your need is the V1 or V2 mcpx.
nartac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2013, 09:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Still thinking on what to do. Friend of mine has both mcpx bl and 130x and he says I should go with the mcpx bl. Like I said keeping my mcpx v2 to learn on and using the 130x for outside flying hovering and just flying around the yard. I don't know what to do...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-13-2013, 11:22 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

nartac is spot on.

detroit T,,,,the BL is very much in a class it's own. it was engineered for really one thing:...throw-down smack 3D fly'n. there are all kinds of people buying them that are having problems toning them down. they don't fly well toned down. just call HH!!!! don't let us tell you...take your heli into experience rc and let AJ tell you what he thinks...but i know he's going to say 130. it's by far the smallest heli that feels like the larger ones do. if you want to 3d larger helicopters sooner than later, it's very hard to not own a 130!
i think you are far away from 23mile and 94?! you are welcome to come on out tomorrow and fly indoors with us. many of us have multiple 130's....so no problem you can get some 130 flight time!

cheers mate
Old 03-13-2013, 11:23 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Still thinking on what to do. Friend of mine has both mcpx bl and 130x and he says I should go with the mcpx bl. Like I said keeping my mcpx v2 to learn on and using the 130x for outside flying hovering and just flying around the yard. I don't know what to do...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
i take it he's a good 3d pilot?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in