Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Genius CP

Genius CP Walkera Genius CP Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2013, 03:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Long-flight battery

I've just ordered some Turnigy Nano-Tech 300 mah batteries for my GCP.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=36952 (but you'll need to reverse the polarity on the connector).

With stock everything else and the bmlee landing gear mod, I'm easily getting 6:30 flight times, with about 3.7v left in the battery. Much better than the 3:00 I was getting from the old batteries.

This is with sport flying (I'm not anywhere near flying 3-d). So their weight may impact 3-d flying, but my relative lack of heli experience can't really tell much difference from the 240mah batteries that came with it when I bought it used.

I'd recommend these.
TexanPilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2013, 07:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have 5 of those batteries and my experience with them is they do not last. Out of the five I have only two still work. I was able to run about 8 to 10 cycles through them, and then failure. It seems as if they will not charge anymore. Place them on the charger and the light will not go out. I try to run them and the bird barely gets off the ground and stalls.. I am looking at some 400 mah batteries.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-x-3-7V-400...1009%26ps%3D54
Kevin_JaxFl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2013, 10:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

In the two months I've been flying them, I have noticed the flight times going down. I'm now at about 5 minutes max to do anything more that just hang in the air. Also, that's taking nearly full collective (at 55% travel).
TexanPilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2013, 05:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

when new, people often report good power and duration with the nano's. However I have noticed posts backing up what you say about them not lasting.

I use Hyperion CX 240 mah and find they give good power and excellent duration. 7 mins plus with stock heli at flat 100 throttle. You should use a proper charger and not the walkera one as they are not reliable and give varied performance.

Swapping the stock walkera battery connectors for micro deans will also increase your flight times.
alphonso is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've had no joy with the nano-techs. I use the Walkera 350mAh batteries and have been happy with performance and life. I don't do hard 3d, but do flip it and speed runs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HM-V100D08-Z...item4606160998
Old 08-16-2013, 10:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My experience with the small NanoTechs is that they last much better if you are militant about 2 things with yourself:

Never overcharge them, never over-discharge them.

Never let them get below 3.2-3.1V.

Never charge them at more than 1.25C .

ALL my tiny batteries last much longer since I've adopted this practice; they just can't handle the abuse like bigger packs can.

mnem
*Charged*
Old 09-16-2013, 05:57 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

First I flew with nanotech 300 mAh 35c/70 c burst and gave me three minutes flight time, and these are quite expensive lipos. Now I use very cheap 240 mAh lipos, no idea how much c rate they have because it is not written on it. This site is shipping worldwide Free Shipping! And now I have 8 minutes flight time of which the first 4 minutes are 3d capable and the price 5 lipo's 12 dollar
www.modelhelicopter-review.nl
trexpro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2013, 06:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Interesting comments about the nano's. Seems like the last year or so reviews of all of them have been getting mixed, as oposed to the steller resultspeople seemed to always get. I have been using hk batts for as long as im in the hobby and get good results, but the last few batches of little ones have been less usual endurance. I wonder of they have messed with the secret sauce recipe! Lol
So, whats the next brand thats high value and consistant. My issue is i want cheap batteries because i abuse them and use lots of types. I dont mean banggood cheap, but not hyperion. I was looking at glacier site and have heard decent things, anyone else?
Ideally i would like a line with lots of sizes and conistancy. I use everything from 160 1s all the way to 2400 3s, and prefer to order from oneource. Cheap enough that i wont have palpatations if i leave packs charged a week here and there also!
Sorry for jacking thread abit op
helimaniac88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2013, 07:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

As per post #4, I also use the Hyperion CX 240mAH cells. I'm very happy with them, but have found them difficult to source nowadays.

Thinking about trying some of the Walkera cells as per post #5 next, as these too are cheap and also higher capacity.
Synergy E5, Gaui X5 FES, Mikado Logo 400 (sold), WK V400D02, Genius CP, CB100, 4#6, HBFPV2 and a few shelf Queens and Quad's.
Land; HPI Vorza, E Firestorm/Castle SCT 3800, Ansmann Mad Rat/Fusion race 10.5T.... Team OoPlE.
MiXiN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2013, 03:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

my experience pretty much follows the trend... had for nano tech... now only have 1... the first 20/30 flights were awesome... then power started to die off very quickly.... they did suffer a bit of abuse.. but nothing serious.... have also had one of the batteries jweber linked... it barely clears the main gear, but gave consistent power and long flight times....till one of the power leads broke right at the battery... i havn't tried the hyperions yet, but have 2 on order to try out... i also get the feeling that mnem is right.... this lil things really don't cope with abuse... good thing i got a decent charger a few weeks ago!! Really nice to be able to monitor battery voltage!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in