Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2009, 11:43 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default TREX 250 - Frustration

My official first post -

I own a Trex 450, 500, 600....and now a 250. I'm an Align fan, but so far, I have to say, I wish I would have just pushed my learning with the other 3 and saved my money for "crashes" - parts. The 250 kit came to me with 3 already stripped screws on the prebuilt frame, other screws that were holding pre-assembled parts were either overloaded with threadlock or had none...which then led to more stripped screws trying to take the thing apart to check all screws, the tail issue (which I admit they were quick to fix) and probably the most frustating thing so far is I have actually cracked in half the servo gear which holds the servo arm.... I admit I might have applied too much pressure to the area of the servo arm area while I was trying to mount the motor (we'll talk about that fun another time), but in my opinion not enough to warrant a complete - crack in half...

Anybody else having this much fun with their build?

Still an Align fan, but so far, not a fan of the 250. Sad thing is, haven't even flown it yet.....trying to find a servo gear replacement.
swimmer461 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2009, 04:22 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

i just want to say thanks bob for the video..very usefull for me as beginner
sugiyonohalim is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2009, 07:41 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

ok thats cool thanks
razer t-rex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2009, 06:22 AM   #44 (permalink)

Hello Bob,
First off i admire your comitment and dedication to fantastic REVIEW data!
I have been flying for about 14 months now but because of work and commitments i have about 50 hours of actual flight time... I really love the build, and when i came across your videos for the t-rex 600e, i have to say that they are awsome, supper helpfull! Since then i have built a t-rex 700, a beam E4 and my litle (t-rex 250) from your videos... you have not done the builds yet for the baby rex but i'm sure they will be done soon.
The question i have here is Gyro related, the Align GP 750 ( V ) Futaba 401. for your in the box ( t-rex 250 edition ) you state that you would use the 750 in a biger heli? i have a 401 in the beam E4, do you think the 750 is better suited for that heli?
I have the 250 with the 750 dield in on rudder now after shortening the tail blades. so i think this is more a GP 750 Versus 401 on 450 size heli...

Thanks again for your great work helping the heli community!!!!!!!
Phillip
Phillip A. Al-Redha is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2009, 09:31 AM   #45 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

It was just a comment that later I might use the 750 on a larger heli. I have some locals that are using it on a 600 and 700 and they like it so I might later also try it on a bigger heli.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2009, 08:23 PM   #46 (permalink)

lets see some build videos Mr. Finnless Bob
Evan T. is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2009, 09:14 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan T. View Post
lets see some build videos Mr. Finnless Bob
he is very busy with his futaba 10c
Old 01-07-2009, 12:57 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default T-Rex 250 Build Videos

Hi Bob, Are you still working on the rest of the build videos or are they posted elsewhere? Sorry, I searched but can't seem to locate the rest of the build other than "What's in the Box".
Thanks for all your help.
Mike.
Blade MCX BNF, Blade CP, Blade CP PRO (Built from frame up)
Misc. other odds, ends, & Junk
BigMike is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2009, 02:07 PM   #49 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I will be working on them as soon as I can. The Futaba 10C it priority right now.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2009, 02:15 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up

Most Awesome Amigo!!
Blade MCX BNF, Blade CP, Blade CP PRO (Built from frame up)
Misc. other odds, ends, & Junk
BigMike is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2009, 12:54 AM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aucmax View Post
Your signature made me laugh my A++ off. Spent 2 months on holiday in NZ (both North and South) in 1989 and met many of you Aussies. Great people you are! What a blast. People are so wonderfully nice and accommodating down-under. Wish it could be that way in the states! Cheers mate!
FYI

NZ is New Zealand. New Zealanders are referred to as 'Kiwis' after a native bird found only in NZ.

Aussies are from Oz, Australia.

Kiwis say NZ is made up of 3 islands. North Island, South Island and West Island (Australia) where they send all the trouble makers.

Aussies thinks Kiwis are a lot of country hicks that live on sheep farms.
(well I used to live next to a sheep farm)

Reality is the cultures are almost the same. Possibly like USA and Western Canada.

Sorry to bore you but just keeping busy until the Trex250 build video comes out.
Ive already built and flown mine, but sure there be some useful info in it for me to improve my setup.

Ive bought a Futaba 10CHP so those videos will be helpful too.

Great stuff.
PlaneHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2009, 11:47 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Also, you don't have to wait for the Finless build videos. I'm sure they will be awesome as always, but the build thread and my videos should get you by. My videos show every step in the build - you can follow along and build and watch at the same time. The videos are a sticky in the 250 forum.
Jasmine2501 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2009, 03:21 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey BOB
I know you are having trouble with the gaui guys but i am dieing to see the trex 250 videos please let get a move on LOL
dxtarl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2009, 07:05 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

yo, Plane,

I was just in New Zealand, North Island, went to Auckland, Rotorua, Matamata (to see the Shire) Hawkes Bay, Taupo, Tauranga, and my personal fav, Matarangi. was there for 18 days. let me tell you, NEW ZEALAND ROCKS! i think im gonna move there. I live in BC, Canada, and Ive been to Australia, but it doesnt even come close to NZ. oh, and the hospitality is so much better. I can't believe i was in Middle Earth, as LotR is my fav series. NZ ppl are more like Canadians, and Australians are more like Americans. I loved it there man, you live in a beautiful place (if thats your permanent residence). I wish i was still there. Oh, and Cathedral Cove is beautiful as well. man, i cant wait to go back (at the very least) once im done School. although i think a 3 month stay will result in a 30 year stay
heliaddict22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2009, 07:34 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heliaddict22 View Post
yo, Plane,

I was just in New Zealand, North Island, went to Auckland, Rotorua, Matamata (to see the Shire) Hawkes Bay, Taupo, Tauranga, and my personal fav, Matarangi. was there for 18 days. let me tell you, NEW ZEALAND ROCKS! i think im gonna move there. I live in BC, Canada, and Ive been to Australia, but it doesnt even come close to NZ. oh, and the hospitality is so much better. I can't believe i was in Middle Earth, as LotR is my fav series. NZ ppl are more like Canadians, and Australians are more like Americans. I loved it there man, you live in a beautiful place (if thats your permanent residence). I wish i was still there. Oh, and Cathedral Cove is beautiful as well. man, i cant wait to go back (at the very least) once im done School. although i think a 3 month stay will result in a 30 year stay
No worries, your always welcome.

All you need to do in fill in the Immigration form and send it along to me with a Futaba 10C, Trex 500, and a Trex 450V2 (preferably with a scale Hughes 500 body).

Or you could go through the normal procedure.

Cheers
PlaneHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2009, 09:33 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Trex - Level Swash Issues

Hey Jasmine -

When you built yours did the Swash come out level. I have all servos at 90 with links as per instructions and my swash is far from level on the elevator side (very low). Instructions have the ball on outside hole, but Im thinking maybe it should be moved in, but am concerned with full throw.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:48 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have all three of mine on the inside of the servo arm. My swash wasn't perfectly level, but I couldn't really tell until I was flying. I had to put one turn inward on the left side servo link, and now I think it's level. I don't have a tool to check it with, but it flies like it's level
Jasmine2501 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2009, 11:00 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the info. I think im officially done with this little sucker for awhile. I just (5 min ago) had another servo crack on me when I was realigning the arm and on top of that I need to tighten the belt, but gee who would of guessed the screws are stripped. All metal gears for this servo is a far far far stretch of the truth. Ive built a 450, 500 and a 600 with few problems in comparison to this one...

Frustrated....

Last edited by swimmer461; 01-13-2009 at 02:01 AM..
Old 01-13-2009, 02:08 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Update. After repairing the servo gear, taking a dremel to the stripped screws and adjusting the tail linkage I had the thing in the air tonight....at 11:45pm in the garage. I wouldnt call it stable, but hard to tell flying it in small space in the garage. I think i might have been getting wash off the ground (keeping it low), but i'll check that once outside.

Jasmine - did you find that you had to back out the screws quite a bit on all the tail linkage. My tail was binding - thought I had a "bur" on the shaft, but it was the linkage. I almost feel that align might want to fix the brass spacers, considering the amount I had to loosen them.

NOTE TO ALL - Adhere to the 4.5-5mm on the spacing for the tail servo ball link. I had it off by a little over 1mm and the tail was all over the place, changed it, big difference.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:11 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bob, my apologies to you for cluttering up your section I thought I was posting my original post in a different section and now I don't know how to move it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in