Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Kontronik Drives

Kontronik Drives Jazz and Jive ESC's and other Kontronik equipment support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2013, 10:52 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Just did 3 flights in KSA mode. Had no more shutdowns atm. Fingers crossed!
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Helijive 120HV with Scorpion 5020 450KV shutdown

I just tried my first non-ksa flight on the goblin700, after having many perfect flights in ksa mode. I decided to take it real easy.
After about one minute of hovering, some stationary flips and rolls and some pitch pumps, it just shut down! Lucky i was able to land it somewhat decent. Only damage is the tailfin as i landed it tail first.
I even lowered the collective pitch from 13 to 12. But the esc gave up easy...
I did notice my headspeed was way higher than when in ksa mode, i had to lower it about 10%..
Esc is a powerjive120, motor is 4525 520 ultimate.
Back to ksa mode for me

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk HD
Old 06-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

hi, maybe you all can assist me. I just put a heli jive 120hv in a goblin 700 with the quantum goblin edition motor 4530-500kv. While on the bench and checking correct rotation of the motor, it was fine until I went to zero throttle and then moved the throttle back to about 1/4 it shut down and gave me the eight blinking lights. In my manual it says if eight blinking lights to send it back due to an internal area... Can anyone point me in the right direction thx.
mc0464 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2013, 12:02 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are you using the internal bec? Or a seperate receiver pack or bec? If you're not using the internal bec, make sure you've removed the red wire from the esc plug. I've forgotten this once and the esc was giving eight blinks, removed red wire and everything was fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-06-2013, 06:15 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am using the included bec
mc0464 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2013, 07:00 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Then you should probably send it in...

Old 06-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Take care interpretting the blinks. 8 blinks in use is a different error then 8 blinks on startup.
8 blinks in use:
Over current detected by hardware, immediate shut down, no restart possible. Extreme overload, check motor and gearbox for mechanical damage

8 blinks during connecting battery:
Internal error. Please send ESC for service.

I'm guessing yours is the first.

I was also under the impression my HS was lower in KSA mode and gouvener did not keep up that well.
But that could be a missconseption since i was not able to do what is was doing when i was not in KSA mode.

@ MC0464 try setting up KSA mode and see iff you still have the same problem.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:41 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by -kenny- View Post
I just tried my first non-ksa flight on the goblin700, after having many perfect flights in ksa mode. I decided to take it real easy.
After about one minute of hovering, some stationary flips and rolls and some pitch pumps, it just shut down! Lucky i was able to land it somewhat decent. Only damage is the tailfin as i landed it tail first.
I even lowered the collective pitch from 13 to 12. But the esc gave up easy...
I did notice my headspeed was way higher than when in ksa mode, i had to lower it about 10%..
Esc is a powerjive120, motor is 4525 520 ultimate.
Back to ksa mode for me

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk HD
Strange with ultimate as its yy termination, did you check the led flash code? the jive loves these motors, did you check your gearing so you are not overgeared too much, what was you thr percentage? Did you reset jive? also drivetrain for friction, we are flying the ultimate and stronger yy motors very hard 3d as well as full pitch speed flying no shutdowns on auto timing non ksa. Also check your connectors, certainly nothing under 5mm and soldered with gastorch.
We had problems on early d terminated 4525's where ksa was needed.
Thing is motors perform much better non ksa mode so if possible you dont want to use it heavy pitch pumping is a safe way to test, and safely auto down if things go wrong
Old 06-07-2013, 12:09 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah turns out i forgot to reset my throttle curve when programming. It was 0-60-60-60-60, i then flew with a 60 flat curve in idle up... I'm gessing that could cause a shutdown? stupid mistake..

Old 06-10-2013, 12:46 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just tried the goblin again. Programmed correct this time first flight was ok, second flight led was blinking continuously at landing... I'm back to ksa mode. Did constant, long up and down pitch pumps and some full pitch flying. Solid as a rock.
Can't tell a diference anyway..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in